August 30, 2014 | 968 users online

Concealers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by suesand

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am super picky about concealers and do not like the feel of makeup on my skin. I have extremely dry skin under my eyes so most concealers look too cakey or will sometimes crease. I also need one with decent coverage for any blemishes and I do not do touch ups so my makeup must last. This one suits all my needs, is reasonably priced, and is environmentally conscious to boot. The texture is really nice too. It is similar to YSL Anti-Cernes Multi Action Concealer which feels very buttery and is my 2nd favorite concealer behind this one.

Since they've discontinued this, I've bought the newer one that comes in a compact and I do not like it as much as the old one. It's more of a heavy sticky texture that feels kinda gross. But because it's so creamy, I doubt it could cake on anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer in Butter. I am an N5 with Mac and this blends beautifully under my eyes (I use a little eye cream first) and it's lasted all day. I will continue to purchase from her line as all products so far have exceeded my expectations (+ they're organic).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Compared to Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier concealers, this seems dry and forbidding in the package. Did not think it would work.

I use a concealer brush, and it went on nicely with some blending, provided great coverage (under eyes), and was pleasantly surprised at the wear time.

This is working very well for me.

Great coverage, great staying power, and you can add a little luminizer with your concealer brush to add some "light" to it.

Very happy with this purchase. This is my current go to concealer ......

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by jen200

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great concealer for blemishes. The texture is a little different but it's ok because I don't have to use very much to cover up a redspot.
Not sure if this would good for the undereye area. I have had no problems with this breaking me out or causing blackheads. Will definately buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by AQuestionofLust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Firstly, please know that I am very, very, mega, ultra, super picky with skin products like concealer, foundation, etc. If it doesn't look like real skin under close scrutiny, it'll be tossed, swapped, or given away. Naturally, this has presented a huge challenge in the concealer department-- how was I ever to find something that concealed but still looked natural?

A friend and I were discussing our shared skintone(we're shades of light olive) woes and she suggested Josie Maran's line. I balked because "supermodel" lines are typically a no-go and non-powder "natural" cosmetics generally stink to be quite frank. But, I went to Sephora and tried it out. The colour melted right into my hand upon testing, so I settled on and purchased "Butter."

I applied Butter to my freshly cleaned and well moisturised face. I simply used my fingers to blend, and it melted in like a dream. It's slightly dry upon application, but settles into a texture that closely mimics my natural skin texture. Above and beyond what I expected to find, even in my dream concealer! I settled the whole shebang with an application of mineral foundation, spritz-set my face with mineral water spray, and voila! Perfect skin. My ideal shade is actually Creme(described as Porcelain Ivory but far from it-- it's a light-medium olive just a tone lighter than Butter), but Butter will be nice for summer. For reference, I can use an NC20 in MAC(although it isn't my perfect hue).

If you're a shade of light-medium dark olive, PLEASE try this out. I gave this product 4 stars out of 5 only because the shade range is minimal and very dry skin may have difficulty blending this adequately. Also, I experienced slight creasing on several dry-skin days. However, I am a Retin-A user, so I'm not sure many people have much to worry about. Furthermore, those desiring quite heavy coverage may not enjoy this much-- this concealer has medium coverage! Good for blemishes, circles, spots, but not huge imperfections. Hands down the best all-over concealer I've tried.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by jelaine

The reason i bought this concealer was first for the colour. I chose 'butter' which is a medium yellow/beige based colour. It actually matched my skin exactly...so it didn't do much to 'lighten' the undereye area, but it looks more natural that way...no reverse racoon eyes, y'know? anyway, love the colour and the idea of it being a 'greener' line (what with the shea butter and all...). Coverage is medium. My biggest gripe is that the texture is kinda weird and takes getting used to. It's a bit gritty and lacks 'silkiness'. But once you blend it in with with fingers, it works. I probably would buy it again...but the price is the only setback. It was about 25 bucks for a tiny little tube. And i wish i could say that a little goes a long way,,,but i can't cause you need quite a bit (mostly because of the texture). Packaging-wise, it's in a beautiful pink metallic lipstick-type tube that will fit so discreetly in your purse. I was thinking of trying a makeupforever next... we'll see.EDIT: I have decided to return this to sephora. The colour is just not quite right...and i think that the colour selection at MakeupForever is better...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Graceful26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't usually like cream concealers, especially in tube form, but I made the exception for this one because of the healthier ingredients than most other brands; it's also an item I use everyday so it's important to me the items I use most frequently be healthy.

I gave this 5 lippies for packaging; really beautiful and efficient. It's pricey but, surprisingly for JM, because she tends to be stingy in the product amount of some of her other products, there is a healthy amount of product in here that should last a few months even with daily use.

My shade is butter; it works very nicely with her TM (in Butter) but I think too beigy for me (I may just check out her other shade that's a bit lighter). It does seem to cover the circles but not necessarily brighten ... wonder if that has to do with amount of beige, where a slightly pinky tone might illuminate a bit better.

It also goes on very dry as most cream concealers do. I recommend warming it between the fingers and mixing it with your eye cream for a smoother application.

I use this to complete my everyday (usually very simple) MU look becuase it's healthier than my other concealers, but would probably resort to a more powerful, better concealing & brightening product for going out and special occasions.

Would I buy this again? Well, I'd check out a lighter shade first, and if that didn't work out, I may return to this if I can't find another good natural concealer to replace it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by pezbot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was recommended to me in Sephora, and I must say I really love it. I bought it in Linen which is a great medium warm toned concealer for me. I mostly am using it for under eye discoloration and it works well. It doesn't crease or migrate into eyes. It is in a lipstick form which I usually don't like, but it is quite creamy and works best when your fingers are a bit warmed up, because of the generous amount of Shea butter in its formula. It feels gentle and hydrating. A pleasant surprise, and a "greener" line

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by nechama22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the previous reviewer. This color (I also use "Butter") looks really dark in the tube, and I was really nervous to try it on my ultra fair skin, but surprisingly it works very well for me.

This comes in a little stick (perfect for a makeup bag or travel, and don't worry, a little goes a long way, so the small stick will last you a while) and it glides on perfectly smooth. The color is yellow-based, which is perfect for me. It is a tiny bit darker than my complexion, but when I blend it with a concealer brush (I use the Maximum Concealer Brush from Bare Escentuals), it blends flawlessly and evenly. It has great pigment and works beautifully to cover my acne spots and under eye circles. What I like about it is that while it has excellent pigment, it isn't thick and cakey - qualities I cannot STAND in a concealer. I also find it stays on very well. I have extremely oily skin and it pretty much stays on all day.

This is truly one of the best concealers I have ever used.

I would 100% purchase again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 6:52:00 PM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This concealer really surprised me. The color in the tube (I chose Butter) looked a bit dark for my fair skin. But as I applied it with my brush it looked lighter than it appeared and covered quite well without attracting attention to itself. It lasts all day without creasing or caking or settling into fine lines. Definitely a keeper!

UPDATE - 10/24/08: Still a great find! I use the concealer with a concealer brush (Paris Presents Ecotools at Walgreens makes a great one) under my eyes and even on my lids as a shadow base and it works great. Makes my eyeshadows last longer without creasing. I even tried the concealer over my foundation (Josie Maran's Tinted Moisturizer) to cover red spots and blemishes quite successfully. The concealer covers well without fading. Definitely a keeper!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No