July 22, 2014 | 2409 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti Cord Keeper Dryer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought thie hair dryer because my travel dryer really was not doing anything for my hair and I wanted the option to use attachements, which my Revlon ionic travel dryer did not have. Since I have used the smaller dryer for so long, this feels heavy to me, but I don't think it would be a problem unless you have physical limitations. The reviews about the shorter cord are no joke, my travel dryer has at leas 6 inches more. You really need to be right next to the outlet, so you need to blowdry in the bathroom if you are not lucky enough to have a vanity next to an outlet, which I happen to have. This is not a blowdryer you can use if you like to walk around your room while blowdrying your hair. I am keeping the receipt, but for the price (34.99, but these items often go on sale and I had a coupon for 20%) it is not bad. I am not a professional hair stylist, and as long as it continues to blow hot air, the attachments continue to work, and it doesn't short circuit (I have a weird history of dryers shorting out on me), I will be happy with this dryer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am impressed with the quality of this dryer. I had been using an Elchim dryer for the last 13 years, which I loved, but it was finally losing its force and heat. I was going to invest in another expensive dryer, but I read that the Conair Infiniti was very good (and cheap) so I tried it, and I'm so glad I did. It dries my hair quickly, and leaves it smooth and silky. It brightens my highlights and makes my hair look shiny and healthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by lxGossipGirlxl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

my favorite hair dryer ever!
I love how it dries so quickly and Is super convinent to use!
You can take it anywhere, since it doesnt take up much space.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this a couple months ago at Target and after using it for only about 6 weeks it is already burning up -- and I have very fine, thin hair. My hair is dry in under 5 minutes, so I know it's not from overuse. The retractable cord is on okay feature, but other than that I don't think this hair dryer has done anything that any other $20-30 big-box-store hair dryer couldn't do. And after it's short lifespan I am extremely unhappy with it. I have just ordered a Babyliss, and am just hoping it gets here before this thing dies or worse . . .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by mz_simmonz

This review may be a bit premature since this is only my 2nd time using it but so far, so good.

PROS:
*just the right size
*cord keeper
*good dry time
*not a bad price
*comes with 2 detachable pieces: diffuser and concentrated air. Diffuser works great for me and I don't even have wavy hair, it gives me a bit of body.
*not as loud as some other blow dryers
*awesomely fun fuchsia color.

CONS:
*cord is on the short side so it's only good for those who have a mirror right next to the outlet
*adapter is clunky
*detachable units get REALLY hot, kind of alarming given that they are plastic..

But for me, the pros outweigh the cons here. My hair feels very soft and smooth right now, so I'll be keeping this dryer.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by agirllikeme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a decent blow dryer. It's average, nothing spectacular... you probably could find a better one. I love that is has varying heat settings and it's ceramic so it lessens heat damage (atleast it claims to.) But, after having this for about two years, the cord does not retract into the dryer anymore. It's a small inconvinience... I just wrap it around the dryer but that contradicts the "cord keeper". Additionally, the back of the dryer falls off constantly. Another small inconvinience. Neither of these issues interfere the use of the dryer, but who wants their stuff falling apart, y'know? Like I said, you could probably find a better one but this is still a decent option.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

Infiniti Cord-Keeper by Conair™ Tourmaline Ceramic™ Ionic Hair Styler - lovely fushcia color, 1875 watts, cool shot button, 3 speeds/2 heat settings. I purchased 8 months or so ago at Ulta for around $25 or $30. Worx extremely well - cuts my hair drying time WAY down, love the retractible cord (altho it is starting to not work as well, I have to assist the cord going in the last few inches now, but still is better than having a long cord to deal w/), love that the filter is removable for cleaning. I do agree that the cord is short, but that is the trade-off for having it be retractible.

Does it make my hair shinier? Frankly I have used it for so long, I can't compare to my older one anymore, so I will defer to others on this (I should have reviewed this a week after purchasing - oops), but since my drying time is cut down, that in itself is a major plus!

I put "yes" to repurchase, but I'm not sure I will. There are other products out there w/ the exact same features, but in travel size, so I may move on to one of those next and do away w/ having 2 blow dryers...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by contrariwhys

I'm returning this hair dryer for a few reasons. One is that the cord is annoyingly short. If you have an outlet next to your bathroom counter you would probably be fine with its length (about 2.5 - 3 feet) but it's not long enough for me as I use a outlet near the bottom of my wall. Second, the heat level and power is noticeably lower than my old conair dryer. I guess this makes it 'healthier' for your hair but it would be nice to have a hotter option!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Weekers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I finally got this dryer after seeing it in magazines and I love it! It makes my hair look great and shiny without the frizzy fly aways. The dryer itself is lightweight and dried my hair relatively fast on high speed and heat. I used the nozzle when drying which helps smooth the cuticle as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 9:33:00 AM More reviews by jenjoseph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the fuchsia-colored Conair hair dryer that has been advertised lately in magazines (specifically September's Allure and In Style). This is one awesome hair dryer! I am thrilled with this purchase, and you will be too. My hair dryer crapped out on me over the weekend, so I began searching for a new one. I was looking at the more expensive Baybliss dryers, but decided to give this one a whirl. And I'm so glad I did!

Full disclosure - I have very thick, course shoulder length hair that I dry 'crazy' - I scrunch it up and dry it *against* the cuticle. Horrible, I know, but it's the only way to give my hair the wave/curl I want! I usually have to use products to combat the resulting fine outer layer of frizz, but not this morning! This dryer truly did make my hair frizz free, despite the crazy way I dry it! And even on high heat, I initially thought, "This is going to take FOREVER" but it didn't!

It retails for about $39, but I got it on sale at CVS for $29. The retractable cord is great, but hold onto the cord when you're pushing the button to retract it - otherwise it can really whip around.