October 24, 2014 | 1711 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Eyeshadow trios

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Lalasmooch

Just beautiful, goes on perfectly and lasts until you wash it off. The smoky eye pallet is a must!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Wy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well...Almay has been my reliable "go to" eye shadow choice for years. I've purchased several of the eye shadow trios over the years. However, I don't know if my chemistry has changed or the ingredients in these products have changed recently (I confess I have NOT looked at this closely) but this product is irritating my eyelids lately. I doubt if this is a show stopper for many out there but if you have sensitive skin you might want to move on to another brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by sistersings09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I couldn't find the product I wanted to review on the board, but this is for the Intense Eye Color Trior for Blues (022). I have blue eyes but I don't buy in to the "wearing blue eye shadow will bring out my eyes" trend. Some of the other palettes for other eye colors look like they would do just that. This one I own is different and I love it! I forget about it from time to time, but then I resurrect it and am pleased all over again. The only thing that doesn't make sense is that the sponge-tipped applicator only has one side so you can only apply two colors with it when there are three colors in the palette. Maybe I am one of the few who actually use those, but sometimes I can't be bothered to get my actual nice brushes out and spot cleaned (for color transfer). Anywho, I digress. The colors are a beigy-champagne for highlight, a shimmery peach for the lid, and a slightly shimmery but highly pigmented deep brown for the crease or for lining. I recommend this neutral selection for someone with ANY eyecolor who wants a naturally glowing look, just bring an eyeshadow brush or cotton bud for that third shade!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by veggiegirl11

The colors are pretty and mostly well coordinated for different eye colors and the product is decently pigmented but there is one huge problem in my opinion: every single color is shimmery! It's okay to have a shimmery highlight but these just turn into a shimmering, muddy mess on your eyelids after you try to blend. Throw in some matte colors and I would probably really like these shadows.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Kammers10

This is a great concept-colors that enhance your eye color. FINALLY. The quality of these shadows is overall good, but not EVERY color-ie Plum lid color in Play up the Greens. And I think the lid colors are a little too frosty, technically, make up artists would use more of a matte lid (a little shimmer fine). As the contour and highlight colors have shimmer, it's a little too much shimmer overall, IMHO. Also, the containers are nice if you like a portable container, but no mirror, and the tiny applicator only works good for contouring. As I have hazel/brown eyes, I have Bring Out and Play Up trios for those colors,so I have 4 compacts! So I depot them and stick them in a palette, like an empty Jane 10 color palette. So overall, 4 lippies with some changes 5, I would pay more to have a mirror, even more if they used MAC's palette concept sometimes. But a drugstore item it probably wouldn't sell as well if it were much more expensive...