September 19, 2014 | 1023 users online

Gels/Soaps - 100 Percent Pure - Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like 100% pure body washes in that the they produce a lot of suds and are very moisturizing. Unfortunately the consistency is so thin/liquidy you have to use a lot. I'm not a big fan of the scent of this one though, I didn't smell pink grapefruit at all. It smelled like something, just not pink grapefruit. Bleh.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I really dislike the consistency of these shower gels. Needs to be thicker. As for the scent. Peee-yooo. I really don't like this pink grapefruit scent. It smells nothing like grapefruit. Not to me anyway. The packaging is cute, and the ingredients are great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by cowgurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Too runny to compare with other, more hydrating body washes. Won't last very long and is frustrating to use, despite the delicious scent. Truly a money down the drain product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by sistersledge22

I love this shower gel. This scent is awesome! It smells true to life grapefruity. It is a very mild cleanser. It is pretty watery but it still suds up nicely. I wash my hair with it sometimes as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by animalsrbetterthanpeople

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I will agree with others who have commented that the consistency of this product is not really "gel-like", as it is much thinner, so I took off one lippie for that.. In spite of the thinner consistency, I like this product very much . I use this product as a "finishing", product, more of a luxury than a "staple", if you will. First, I use Dove bar soap because it's very moisturizing and has been recommended by our dermatologist, Then, after I've cleansed myself in the shower with Dove, I use this lucsious product as the finishing touch. First of all, the smell is marvelous. As someone else said , it really smells good enough to drink. My husband even commented after he gave me a hug that I smelled like "grapefruit", which is a lucious and fresh smell. The key to getting a good lather is to really shake the product well before dispensing. I do like the cap on this as I find that those "flip top" caps are a pain and this one, being the type that you just push to open, is far superior and doesn't result in as much product being wasted. I don't use a sponge (I feel they're unsanitary), just pour a bit into my palm and use it that way. I am very impressed with Suzy's products and at least for me, I feel that I am doing something good for myself, and at the same time, helping an American entrepreneur who makes her products here in the USA and creates jobs, In addition, Suzy, a fellow animal lover, makes sure that all of her products are not tested on animals and are one hundred percent vegetarian.
. . For me, a win-win situation in all respects.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 4:36:00 AM More reviews by lilmaggy84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just recently discovered this line. I am in LOVE!!!!!!!!!!! :) Many SMILEY FACES :) I am all about organic anything and this is just that. Organic and pure. the smell is REAL.. not synthetic. Like the actual fruit. Yes the consistancy is a bit unexpected since it says that it's a shower gel. The consistancy is very liquidy. I'm fine with it.. I just squeeze a bit into my little scrub puff thing (can't remember the name) and it's great! The smell isn't overpowering and fades once your done. Which is great because it doesn't compete with my lotion or perfume. I would definitly reccomend this shower gel. I've already ordered more scents and have my whole family hooked!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by AngelaBetsey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As another reviewer said, this is like water - add it to your shower poof and it goes right through. Twice I've used this in the shower and twice a minute in I'm out of suds. For $15? No thanks. Too bad, the scent is great and I like the concept.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by WithaK

I love this product, so much so that I have to keep myself from drinking it (I love grapefruit juice). 100% Pure's shower gel is a little runny, but that's because they don't use artificial thickeners. It actually takes me a long time to go through these because a little goes a very long way if you put it on a washcloth.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 6:29:00 PM More reviews by nemesis41

I've been very impressed with the 100% Pure skin care line, so I decided to give the body care a try. I picked up this shower gel at a Bath and Body Works sale. I love pink grapefruit scents, so this seemed perfect. And I must say, the scent of this gel does not dissappoint. It really does smell like pink grapefruits. Where I was frustrated with this gel was in the consistency. This is a VERY thin, runny gel. It's really a liquid; I think gel is a misnomer. This is a far thinner product than liquid soaps or shower gels or any such thing. I had to squirt quite a bit on my shower sponge, but lots of it just ran through. I went through this bottle of shower gel very quickly, because so much of it goes to waste, and it takes so much to work up a lather. Though I loved the scent I won't buy this again. It's simply not worth the money.