October 22, 2014 | 1954 users online

Polishes - Sephora - Sephora by OPI: I'm With Brad

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Kavarice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was disappointed w/ this color because it looks brown-black on my nails -- not the deep burgundy that I thought it would be when I saw the bottle. The formula and application are fine but the shade wasn't what I expected.

It's good as a softer alternative to straight black, maybe a good 'late summer black' (for me... but I go dramatic a lot of the time).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by GreenFaerie

I only have a mini of this, so I took lippies/points off for packaging, b/c OPI minis, or SOPI minis, are not terribly easy for me to handle. This colour is gorgeous; while it seems like a darkened red in the bottle, it's actually a reddened brown, and it displays its complexity depending on what kind of light you're under. I only wish the formula was good. It was rather thin and streaky, and pair that with the super tiny and thin mini brush, and it left me frustrated.

And it not so much chips quickly, but slowly wears away from the tips and around the border of your nails.

I told a friend of mine (named Brad) about this polish so he could get it for his wife, and he surprised me with a mini of it. I think I'd be mad if I had actually purchased this (at full price), but this colour just totally wins me over, so I can't be too angry at it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by lailaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I first stumbled upon "I'm With Brad" when I bought the OPI mini nail polish kit. I tried every colour that was there, and then I noticed that I ended up painting my nails with this colour more often than any other one. The issue with the little nail polishes, is that it dries up really quickly. So, out of that entire kit, I ended up only buying this colour in its full size.

What I like about this colour is that it's my replacement for black. Sometimes, I feel in the mood to have a dark shade on my nails and I find that black is too overwhelming. So, when I use "I'm With Brad" the burgundy-brown colour with the reddish flecks seems to be the ideal candidate for darker months or just times I feel like I want a dark manicure.

My only gripe is the brush. It's annoyingly thin. But I'll ignore that for the colour.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

This color is much more interesting in the bottle than on my nails. When you look at the bottle, it looks like a dark burgundy with both plum and cocoa tones, but once I applied it, it looks somewhat dull and boring, and a lot darker than I thought it would.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the summer & never got around to wearing it until now.

It's super super dark on my pale complexion (hands at least) but in the sun (which I'm not getting much of lately) it shows off its beautiful rich deep maroon shimmer. Indoors it looks like a blackened dark dark brown. I do like it as a goth-y neutral.

It's a pretty polish, but not as spectacular as when I first tested it in a Sephora store (under bright spotlights of course) & I've since acquired a whole bunch more of similar browns, blacks, & shimmers that knock my socks off better than this shade. So I won't buy this again, but I do recommend it for ppl who like black-type nailpolishes. It also makes a great dark base for layering other manicure effects on top (glitter, sheer shimmers, etc).

The formula is smooth & rich, but I hate the skinny brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by eseleth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I'm with Brad is a lovely color, a dark burgundy/brown that's almost black. I like darker shades in the winter but don't like the look of actual black on my nails, especially at work. This is a shade that's great for filling that gap.

One downside: I've usually found Sephora by OPI products to be long-lasting, but this polish is an exception. It chips within a few days.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by gabzie

I like this polish a LOT, the color is gorgeous and the quality is also very good, however I recently discovered Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Lava Red, which is one third the price ($3.98 vs. $12) and looks IDENTICAL, I literally cannot tell the two apart on my nails. From now on, I will be going with the cheaper alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by willruetheday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Coffee brown with red shimmer. One of my favorite polishes of all time, and definitely my favorite vamp. Two coats and you're good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

Loved the color of this polish in the store (a deep brown-red with metallic flecks), but had to put about 4 coats of it on so the color would show up. This does go on very streaky and also doesn't last as well as I had hoped. I won't be buying this brand of nail polish again, I will stick with longer-wearing types.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by 97sweetcaroline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite nail polish. OPI is the only nail polish brand I use because it's nail polishes are good quality, have good pigmentation, have a big brush and are safe for the environment. I love this nail polish because it's dark but it still has colors in it.