December 19, 2014 | 1561 users online

Sunscreen - Anessa - Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Yumi2

This is a very expensive sunscreen so I only reserve it for face use. I've use this sunscreen all year round and I've tried it over and under makeup up and I love it. The sunscreen it self is of a very liquidy texture and requires shaking before use.The product feels light on the skin and absorbs into the skin making application of other face products un-effected in application. The product is dispensed through a dropper like head and I find that helps me control how much product I use. Typically I use nine drops per use, dividing up my face into a imaginary 3 by 3 grid. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is very expensive sunscreen. I like it better than my Neutrogena SPF70 ultra light. I cannot use the natural suncreen blockers due to allergies (Titanium Dioxide). Natural is not always safe; there are may natural items that are hazardous to your health.

It is very moisturizing glides on my skin doesn't make me greasy can is a great make up base.

I order off of EBAY, get it shipped right from Japan.

I use the other lower cost sunscreens on my neck, arms, etc.

I save this for my face neck ears only

Small package, fits right into your purse

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 5:39:00 AM More reviews by littleantlers85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Anessa UV perfect PA++++ (the newest version) is the PERFECT sunscreen. It has a lovely milky, thin consistency and never balls up or is noticeable under make-up. Once on, it takes about 3-4 minutes to completely disappear into skin. I have tried sunscreens by Clinique and Avene which claim to do this, but they always feel sticky and noticeable on my skin. This is by far the easiest sunscreen I have ever used. It doesn't feel like sunscreen. It's unlike any UK or USA-made product I have ever tried and makes me think that the Japanese *really* know what they're doing when it comes to sunscreen. I'm sure loads more people would use sunscreen more regularly if they tried this stuff and realised that it doesn't have to be heavy, sticky, oily and time-consuming to wear (and the fact that it doesn't interfere with make-up is a definite plus).

I have worn this in mid-summer in Cyprus and never got sunburnt or a tan. I also love the fact it has excellent UVA protection as well as a high SPF. I've got through about 5 bottles of this stuff and I will definitely continue to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by bluelimelemon

This is my second Anessa sunscreen, and I bought it because my Shiseido perfect UV is running low. I thought that because the Anessa perfect essence is nice and decent on oily skin (it's meant for drier skin) the EX version would perform as nice :) and plus, it's totally sweat proof and waterproof undoubtedly. It would be perfect for someone living in a humid hot tropical country.

Like the perfect essence, it's been repackaged into the 2013 formula (PA +++ into PA ++++, now lightly fragranced, etc).

It has to be shaken to mix the formula and comes in the same squeeze tube like most of Shiseido sunscreens.

The consistency is very similar to the perfect essence. Whitish liquid with little air bubbles from the shaking. Where as the perfect UV is pinkish, this one is white. No strong fragrance even though it's lightly fragranced, sensitive skin users can use this.

One thing I noticed from this one is that it gives a matte finish, but it's not drying. The perfect UV is a bit drying on the eye area and cheekbones area if you apply too much. But this one is perfectly matte without drying even as you reapply thorughout the day! It gives a less powdery look compared to the perfect UV (Which makes your face looks so smooth it almost looked like you have just powdered your face) so it makes people believe you have a nice smooth make up free skin when you use it alone. Which is great for make up free face and everyday use :)

The other thing I noticed that this is totally waterproof! I swam for 1.5 hours and after I finished I see that there are no water droplets on my face! Perfect for outdoor and watersport activities :) be sure to use oil based remover to remove this

And of course, the most important thing is that this doesn't make me break out. I love this! Probably even better than the perfect UV which I claim to be my HG.

I got mine for 33 $ + shipping from ebay.com for 60 mL/2 fl.oz.

Overall, I would recommend this for any skin type, especially oily (and a bit flaky) skin type, because the formula is matte finish but not drying. And for those who wants to find a good waterproof and sweatproof sunscreen. For oilier skintype, I'd recommend the perfect UV

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by zubroza

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for the 2013 version (PA++++, UV filters include ZO, Tinosorb S & Uvinul A Plus). This sunscreen, just as its predecessor, is the HG of sunscreens to me. The finish is absolutely unbeatable: a powdery, matte, barely there feeling, even if you apply the recommended 1/4 tsp several times a day.

This product doesn't ball up, doesn't cling to irregularities like beard stubbles (yes, a sunscreen savvy guy here), doesn't leave a white cast and can easily be applied without a mirror. Yes, it does contain a lot of alcohol, so might not be suited for people with very dry or sensitive skin. Also take care not to get this stuff in your eyes. Using a different, alcohol free sunscreen for your eye area might be a good idea. If this sunscreen is too drying or irritating for you, try Anesse Perfect Essence, which is more moisturising and seems to contain less alcohol. It has a less matte finish than Perfect UV though and also seems to be less resistant to sweating/rubbing.

For my normal/dry, not acne-prone skin, this sunscreen is amazing. It's the only highly protective sunscreen that I can use over and over again, without people asking if I'm hot/sweating (because of shine) or sick (because of white cast). Even though I'm on tretinoin, this product doesn't sting when applied.

Only small con: this new, more protective edition, is fragranced. Luckily, the scent is barely noticeable, nothing compared to the disgusting scent of many other Shiseido products.

Btw, I order my Anessa sunscreens at http://ichibanko.com: good prices, fast and kind service.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I have really fallen in love with this sunscreen. The moment I applied it and saw the silky matte finish I was stunned that not only was my face not shiny, but it was also well protected.

This has a PA++++ rating (which is why I bought it in the first place) so I think it is the latest version of this product available. I had no idea that it would change the way I look at sunscreens.

I am trying out several different ones at the moment (PTR Sheer, Skinceuticals, Replenix, EltaMD etc etc), and all do not compare in the slightest to Anessa Perfect SPF 50. I have combination skin, which a lot of dryness on my cheeks but really oily nose and chin. I also have dark spots on my forehead and freckles all over. I don't break out from this at all which is fantastic!

When I apply foundation over it, my foundation stays matte and lasts a whole lot longer. I can't stand shine on my face which unfortunately is what I seem to get when I use other sunscreens. But Perfect SPF50 mattifies instantly.

I shake the bottle well, pour out a little onto the back of my hand and apply it to my face in sections, pouring out a little more when necessary. It absorbs instantly and even blurs my fine lines. I can build up layers without it looking cakey or balling up on my skin.

I will continue to try out other sunscreens until I have used up all the ones I bought, but this is a keeper and will probably replace all other sunscreens permanently. I bought a mini size just to try but I will definitely buy the full size next time (price is no issue when you find something as good as this!)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have mixed feelings about this product - I really wanted to like it. First of all, this sunscreen does go on wonderfully, it has a nice matte finish and is runny enough to be applied consistently all over the face. It does dry transparent and does not leave a white cast. Because of its strong protection, I feel comfortable going out into the summer sun with this on.

However, I do find that this balls up a bit under my makeup, but most importantly, it doesn't seem to be non-comedogenic on my skin. I'm not saying that it breaks me out with cystic acne, but I found that ever since I switched to using MAC's SPF50 sun protection primer, my skin improved a lot - my pores were significantly less clogged and for once in my life, my forehead was almost completely clear.

I'm sure this product does wonders for others, but it just wasn't for me. The scent also bothers me a bit - I can always catch a whiff of alcohol when I first squeeze it out of the tube, which worries me. It is also quite expensive, so I won't be repurchasing in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by littlemissdimples88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wrote this review a few days ago for the Shiseido Anessa Perfect UV AA sunscreen. Then i realised i'm not sure if the one i bought is actually the EX sunscreen, I think it is cos i bought the latest version from Narita Airport, I know it's the latest version as it's PA++++, unlike all the older Shiseido sunscreens which are only PA+++ .
The reason it's confusing is 'cause I can't read the Japanese words on the packaging.

Anyway I copied and pasted my review:

I came across this sunscreen at a store in Narita Airport, while in transit.
I don't usually write product reviews, but this sunscreen is just so good that it would be selfish to not write a review! Btw the one I bought was the latest formulation, which is PA++++!

Most sunscreens bother me so much, as the powerful ones (la roche posay, blue lizard etc) tend to leave a whitish tint on my face, and since i often don't apply makeup over, i just end up looking paler.

This Anessa sunscreen is not only powerful (i repeat PA++++), but it also almost Disappears into skin, just leaving it slightly more matte. Some people will like the matte look, some won't, but it's way better than having a white-cast on your face! So if u don't apply makeup after putting on this sunscreen, your skin will still look fine.

It doesn't cause skin problems at all, even though often I'm so lazy that i don't wash it off before bed. And I have not gotten the slightest tan or burn over the past week that I've used this sunscreen.
The price is not cheap, but it's worth it i think.

I will definitely order this online. And buy it whenever I'm stopping over in Narita airport. =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by alt629

This is similar to a lot of Japanese sunscreens in the packaging and consistency. As with most of these, shake it up first, then squeeze it out... Be careful because it comes out runnier that you may expect. I usually squeeze enough out for one cheek, apply, then the other, apply, and so forth, because it does absorb pretty quickly and mattifies nicely. (This is the difference between Anessa & other similar sunscreens... Usually they do not absorb nearly so quickly and do not have such a matte finish.) This is a great foundation for makeup, so you really don't need a primer with this if you don't want to. (And if you think about not having to buy primer, then the value is actually a lot better as it can be a 2-in-1.) As with all sunscreens, you have to make sure to re-apply throughout the day if you're out for a while... I've made that mistake and where I sweat by my hairline, I did get a bit pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by sumyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most expensive sunblock I ever purchased but I love it! It's really strong so I only use it when I exercise under the hot sun or if I were outdoors for a long period.

The texture is great - isn't drying but it also produces a matte finish so I don't have to blot at all. Not that I have oily skin but I just don't like to have any oil on my face when I'm outside.

The only down side is that it's pricy. I wish it's the same price as kose's.