November 28, 2014 | 1923 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 88 eyeshadow palette

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by ArtIsInAllOfUs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this palette to start myself out on make up, as all I really had to begin with was dollar store make up. For a beginner eyeshadow palette, its not too bad, as its reasonably priced when its on sale (I bought mine for 9 bucks, but then paid 7 dollars for shipping, which is rediculous for just one item). This palette has served as my scapegoat for playing with eye shading and how to create different looks. This eye shadow has a lot of fallout and some of these colors aren't very pigmented. So, to sum it up;
Pros:
Cheap palette for so many colors
Great for make up noobs
Some colors are very pigmented

Cons:
You get what you paid for. Cheap makeup with fallout and it smudges easily right off of your face, even with primer.
Some colors have very little pigment.

I am in love with some of Coastal Scents Products, but others I am a little disappointed. The sampler that I recieved of their Revealed had much nicer quality than this palette. I LOVE their 10 blush set and the fair camo quad, but I HATE their color corrector quad. I guess its just luck of the draw.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great, great, product for someone just starting out. There is literally every color you could possibly need and they are all true to pan pigmented, smooth and blendable. Great value. Cheap packaging that does not travel well, but well worth it anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by paisleypunk

I he the matte daylight palette. Surprisingly great for such a low price! If you're used to MAC shadows, you might be disappointed, but truthfully these are not bad. Better than most, if not all, drugstore brands, at the very least.

Some colours are better and more pigmented than others, but that's to be expected when you have 88 to choose from. I don't wear eyeshadow that often, but I love having all the options to choose from. There's colours there for anything from daytime wear to Halloween.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by TheBeautySwiftie

amazing thin packaging
bright, pigmented, creamy shadows
$8.88 is the sale price
lasts all day, never creases
I love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by MollieS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love the Metal palette! I got for 5 bucks on another website, very good pigmentation, good color selection, and great price. A must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dirt cheap. 88 colors. Thin case. Easy to store. Pigmented shades.

This palette is basically perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by veryvintage

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product. Makes it easy to follow online tutorials because you never have to worry about not having a color.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by 30rockette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim because it was something like eight dollars. Overall, it's an okay palette and it's worth eight bucks, sure. It's not as blendable or creamy as a lot of people would tell you, though. Sometimes I think people really overhype inexpensive items (like ELF products) and then when I try them my expectations are a little too high and I go "Wait, this is actually pretty meh." My experience with the palette is that it was mostly chalky and not super blendable. However, most colors have pretty decent pigmentation for a low-end priced shadow! It is nice to have this palette if only for the selection of random weird colors that I would never buy, like bright greens, that could be useful for costume makeup or some kind of theme.

The biggest pro to this palette is how cheap it is when it's on sale. It makes me sad when I look at a large collection of hit or miss drugstore makeup and thinking about how if I didn't spend money on stuff that I ended up not liking, I could have bought a few surefire higher end products with those wasted dollars. With this being so cheap for so many shadows, I'll never look at it that way.

If you think you want this, buy it only if it's on sale, and keep your expectations relatively low unless you're used to wearing drugstore eyeshadow.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Mooberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this I really did. But I'll be giving my shimmer and my matte palette to my little cousin, it's just not worth it. The light colours do not go on well, I have to layer again...and again..and again...then go..well I think I see it? By then you can forget about blending. The reds and oranges are even a disappointment. The brown tones I found went on well but all shades were chalky and very hard to blend. I would rather buy some pans in a few shades that I love then one of these. Even my urban decay potion primer couldn't save these colours. I will not rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Amandag1985

This is my go to eyeshadow. I wear it every day. Great pigmentation, lasts all day and doesn't crease at all. I would buy this again and again!!