Eucerin Calming Body Wash Daily Shower Oil

4.1

Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, MIPA Laureth Sulfate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Laureth 4, Cocamide DEA, Poloxamer 101, Laureth 9, Lanolin Alcohol, Water, Citric Acid, Diammonium Citrate, Propyl Gallate, BHT

on 5/31/2015 1:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have really dry skin and the past months, I've had ezcema and itching that wouldn't go away. I've tried hydrocortisone creams, various creams and nothing worked. My skin started getting better when i used a combination of ego pinetarsol and this shower oil, alternating ie. I'd use one in the morning and the other at night. Now my skin has gone back to normal but i continue to use this. My skin are not as dry as before and now i cannot be without it.

Mine came with a pump, which is much more convenient to use. Its really similar to Loccitane's Almond Shower Oil, although the latter feels more luxurious and emolient. I did not like either of their fragrances but i can live with it. The only thing i wish Eucerin would change is the fragrance, maybe make it fragrance free.

on 4/9/2015 3:04:00 PM

For anyone that has heard the term Keratosis pilaris (also follicular keratosis, lichen pilaris, or colloquially " chicken skin") - basically it's those tiny goosepimply bumps under the skin that feel dry and don't disappear thorough any amount of exfoliation.
I've had a pretty mild form my whole life on the upper backs of my arms & upper backs of my thighs/butt. I moisturise pretty much daily so mine is mild and is mostly invisible but you can definitely feel the bumps under the skin.
I first tried this magic oil like 4 years ago in my brothers shower and just randomly used. Later when I was creaming my skin I actually thought I left some oil on but no, the weird bumps had softened and everything was smooth. Immediately sold.
It's like an intensive treatment and it's the best thing I've used in the shower. I've actually used the cream VERSION on my thighs/arms but it made the bumps worse so I just use the cream on my hands and feet as it really makes them super soft.
Doesn't feel greasy in the shower or on your skin like how sometimes oils do.
What I will say is that you will need to use it regularly to maintain results. It's not a cure, just an excellent product. Packaging is boring but who cares.

This oil works.

on 2/23/2015 2:05:00 PM

This has been a horribly dry and cold winter where I live and unfortunately I have recently suffered intensely itchy, dry skin. The itchiness has nearly driven me insane! I wrote a review in regards to Eucerin Aquaphor too. I usually use Shea Moisture Raw Shea Body Wash and Shea Moisture Olive and Green Tea body oil in the shower. Post-shower, I typically use coconut, olive, or grapeseed oil and in real dry weather I use pure shea or cocoa butter. Well, unfortunately these combo's were doing very little to solve my problem. So, in comes Eucerin Calming Body Wash and Aquaphor ointment. The Eucerin Body Wash barely lathers, but it does not dry out my skin at all like the other body wash that I was using. I still use the Olive and Green Tea body oil during the shower and post-shower I slather up with the Aquaphor ointment. I also run a humidifier every night in my bedroom. All of this has finally stopped the dry skin and insane itchiness that I was experiencing. I have read that a lot of people have complained of a fishy odor with this product, but I have not experienced this. In fact, it doesn't really have an odor, so I wonder if the product that smelled fishy may have been a product on the shelves for awhile? Don't expect luxurious lather with this body wash. Don't expect a lovely, perfumey scent. Do expect silky soft skin and it's great to shave with too. I will forever keep Eucerin Calming Body Wash and Aquaphor on hand for those really cold and dry winter months. This combo was a life saver for me.

on 12/29/2014 7:52:00 PM

I should say right off I'm not using it as a body cleanser but as a facial cleanser and makeup remover. It works great for me as a facial cleanser, removing makeup and leaving my skin soft with no residue and the price is very reasonable. When my skin is sensitive from strong acid peels this product does not burn or irritate me at all while many other facial cleansers do. I also found that it works great as a makeup remover, better than the two makeup removers I have--Clinique and Maybelline (both for waterproof.)

on 8/22/2014 8:26:00 AM

I used to have extremely dry skin, and I had to use a huge amount of lotion after each shower to stop the itching. When my first child was born, I started to use only fragrance-free products because of breastfeeding, and I alternated this and La Roche Posay's Syndet exclusively. I was also short of time because of the baby, so I didn't use any lotion. I don't know why, because of these great products or because my skin was just addicted to lotions (or both), my skin became normal in 1-2 months and I don't have to use a lotion any more.

Eucerin is a confusing brand as it has different product lines in America and in Europe. Some products are the same (at least the ingredients are), just the name and the packaging are different. Some products exist only on one continent. This shower oil is my 2nd favorite now: in Europe it is AtopiControl Shower Oil now, and used to be Lipid Shower Oil with Omega. My 1st favorite is the slightly scented PH5 Skin Protection Shower Oil I couldn't find an equivalent of in the American range and also the Natural Caring Oil. The latter is recommended against stretch marks, and I used it when I was first pregnant. I didn't get any stretch marks, but now that I'm pregnant again, I only hardly ever use it, because I feel that my skin has enough elasticity because of these shower oils.

I highly recommend Eucerin shower oils and Eucerin as a brand in general to anyone with dry skin.

on 2/9/2014 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this off and on for a few years. An absolute must have for those with very dry skin or eczema. This isn't your typical creamy body wash, as the name implies it is oil based and therefore runny. This creates just a slight lather, and rinses surprisingly well from the skin. yeah the scent leaves a lot to be desired, but as this is made for those with sensitive skin there is no added fragrance. Oil cleansing is all the rage at the moment and this is oil cleansing for the whole body. Eucerin Shower Oil contains skin friendly omegas, and I find this makes a great product for shaving. It's a tad pricey, but worth every penny if you have dry sensitive skin. This can be hard to find as not a lot of stores carry it, and the ones that do keep it with the Eucerin lotion, not with the other body washes. I have even used this on my face and it never caused me to break out.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product is really great for dry or eczema-prone skin. It cleanses and leaves your skin moisturized and very, very soft (instead of that horrible roughness us dry-skinned girls are used to). It's slippery enough to be used for shaving

I live an area with very hard, drying tapwater and this product makes a huge difference to my skin. When I run out I notice the difference immediately.

It's not cheap but the bottle is huge and lasts a long time

Only took one lipstick off because it leaves a layer of slime around the bath/shower

Wanted something that doesn't strip my skin's moisture as I tend to shower a few times a day. Also read that this removes body sunblock?

The oil feels warm when it comes into contact with water. It doesn't seem good, but thankfully the smell doesn't linger on body. Sells for $18 which is expensive, managed to get it for $11+ during promotion.

on 5/29/2013 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

When I put on a product to feel clean, pretty and soft, I don't expect to gag over the strong fishy smell of an "unscented" product. I can't honestly review how well it works as I scrubbed it off faster than lightning. If your at ALL sensitive to fish scents stay clear.

on 5/18/2013 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Finally!
I have Eczema, and therefore I have severe dry skin. This affects me mostly during the Winter, and it gets really itchy. No amount of body butters and lotions in the world would do sometimes.
This thing just saved me. I love it. I am so pleasantly surprised.
The night after the first use, my skin was so smooth, I didn't even need to use body butters and lotions.
I am so happy I found this.

Popular Gels/Soaps