Eucerin Calming Body Wash Daily Shower Oil

4.1

Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, MIPA Laureth Sulfate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Laureth 4, Cocamide DEA, Poloxamer 101, Laureth 9, Lanolin Alcohol, Water, Citric Acid, Diammonium Citrate, Propyl Gallate, BHT

on 2/23/2015 2:05:00 PM

This has been a horribly dry and cold winter where I live and unfortunately I have recently suffered intensely itchy, dry skin. The itchiness has nearly driven me insane! I wrote a review in regards to Eucerin Aquaphor too. I usually use Shea Moisture Raw Shea Body Wash and Shea Moisture Olive and Green Tea body oil in the shower. Post-shower, I typically use coconut, olive, or grapeseed oil and in real dry weather I use pure shea or cocoa butter. Well, unfortunately these combo's were doing very little to solve my problem. So, in comes Eucerin Calming Body Wash and Aquaphor ointment. The Eucerin Body Wash barely lathers, but it does not dry out my skin at all like the other body wash that I was using. I still use the Olive and Green Tea body oil during the shower and post-shower I slather up with the Aquaphor ointment. I also run a humidifier every night in my bedroom. All of this has finally stopped the dry skin and insane itchiness that I was experiencing. I have read that a lot of people have complained of a fishy odor with this product, but I have not experienced this. In fact, it doesn't really have an odor, so I wonder if the product that smelled fishy may have been a product on the shelves for awhile? Don't expect luxurious lather with this body wash. Don't expect a lovely, perfumey scent. Do expect silky soft skin and it's great to shave with too. I will forever keep Eucerin Calming Body Wash and Aquaphor on hand for those really cold and dry winter months. This combo was a life saver for me.

on 12/29/2014 7:52:00 PM

I should say right off I'm not using it as a body cleanser but as a facial cleanser and makeup remover. It works great for me as a facial cleanser, removing makeup and leaving my skin soft with no residue and the price is very reasonable. When my skin is sensitive from strong acid peels this product does not burn or irritate me at all while many other facial cleansers do. I also found that it works great as a makeup remover, better than the two makeup removers I have--Clinique and Maybelline (both for waterproof.)

on 8/22/2014 8:26:00 AM

I used to have extremely dry skin, and I had to use a huge amount of lotion after each shower to stop the itching. When my first child was born, I started to use only fragrance-free products because of breastfeeding, and I alternated this and La Roche Posay's Syndet exclusively. I was also short of time because of the baby, so I didn't use any lotion. I don't know why, because of these great products or because my skin was just addicted to lotions (or both), my skin became normal in 1-2 months and I don't have to use a lotion any more.

Eucerin is a confusing brand as it has different product lines in America and in Europe. Some products are the same (at least the ingredients are), just the name and the packaging are different. Some products exist only on one continent. This shower oil is my 2nd favorite now: in Europe it is AtopiControl Shower Oil now, and used to be Lipid Shower Oil with Omega. My 1st favorite is the slightly scented PH5 Skin Protection Shower Oil I couldn't find an equivalent of in the American range and also the Natural Caring Oil. The latter is recommended against stretch marks, and I used it when I was first pregnant. I didn't get any stretch marks, but now that I'm pregnant again, I only hardly ever use it, because I feel that my skin has enough elasticity because of these shower oils.

I highly recommend Eucerin shower oils and Eucerin as a brand in general to anyone with dry skin.

MES

on 2/9/2014 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this off and on for a few years. An absolute must have for those with very dry skin or eczema. This isn't your typical creamy body wash, as the name implies it is oil based and therefore runny. This creates just a slight lather, and rinses surprisingly well from the skin. yeah the scent leaves a lot to be desired, but as this is made for those with sensitive skin there is no added fragrance. Oil cleansing is all the rage at the moment and this is oil cleansing for the whole body. Eucerin Shower Oil contains skin friendly omegas, and I find this makes a great product for shaving. It's a tad pricey, but worth every penny if you have dry sensitive skin. This can be hard to find as not a lot of stores carry it, and the ones that do keep it with the Eucerin lotion, not with the other body washes. I have even used this on my face and it never caused me to break out.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product is really great for dry or eczema-prone skin. It cleanses and leaves your skin moisturized and very, very soft (instead of that horrible roughness us dry-skinned girls are used to). It's slippery enough to be used for shaving

I live an area with very hard, drying tapwater and this product makes a huge difference to my skin. When I run out I notice the difference immediately.

It's not cheap but the bottle is huge and lasts a long time

Only took one lipstick off because it leaves a layer of slime around the bath/shower

Wanted something that doesn't strip my skin's moisture as I tend to shower a few times a day. Also read that this removes body sunblock?

The oil feels warm when it comes into contact with water. It doesn't seem good, but thankfully the smell doesn't linger on body. Sells for $18 which is expensive, managed to get it for $11+ during promotion.

on 5/29/2013 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

When I put on a product to feel clean, pretty and soft, I don't expect to gag over the strong fishy smell of an "unscented" product. I can't honestly review how well it works as I scrubbed it off faster than lightning. If your at ALL sensitive to fish scents stay clear.

on 5/18/2013 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Finally!
I have Eczema, and therefore I have severe dry skin. This affects me mostly during the Winter, and it gets really itchy. No amount of body butters and lotions in the world would do sometimes.
This thing just saved me. I love it. I am so pleasantly surprised.
The night after the first use, my skin was so smooth, I didn't even need to use body butters and lotions.
I am so happy I found this.

MES

on 3/27/2013 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Another one of my HG products that I simply can not live without in the winter. I have very dry, eczema prone skin I swore off bar soap all together years ago, but even some body washes can be drying. This is a great product for people with allergies and sensitive skin. It cleans and moisturizes in one step, better than Dove, Purpose, or Nuetorgena. There is no added scent, but it definitely has a scent of its own. It's no strong though. I used this when I shave my legs, and on occasion as a face wash. It can be tricky t find in stores as its not with the other body washes, but usually by the Eucerin lotion.

on 9/28/2012 1:56:00 PM

This oil wash is truly wonderful especially if your skin is going through a crisis. It may be just about the only kind of body wash you could use on a rash, excema, or very senstive, dry skin. The smell could throw you off. It smells to me just like castor oil but to some who are use to fruity or floral scents, this is not that. Has no fragrance, SLS, or harsh detergents. It comes out in your palm like straight oil and you don't think it will lather but it does! Not a ton but if your going through a bought of very dry skin you don't want that. Think of it as like your cleansing oil but for your body :) This is one of Eucerin's many great products.