October 25, 2014 | 917 users online

Gels/Soaps - Eucerin - Calming Body Wash Daily Shower Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 8:26:00 AM More reviews by BeaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to have extremely dry skin, and I had to use a huge amount of lotion after each shower to stop the itching. When my first child was born, I started to use only fragrance-free products because of breastfeeding, and I alternated this and La Roche Posay's Syndet exclusively. I was also short of time because of the baby, so I didn't use any lotion. I don't know why, because of these great products or because my skin was just addicted to lotions (or both), my skin became normal in 1-2 months and I don't have to use a lotion any more.

Eucerin is a confusing brand as it has different product lines in America and in Europe. Some products are the same (at least the ingredients are), just the name and the packaging are different. Some products exist only on one continent. This shower oil is my 2nd favorite now: in Europe it is AtopiControl Shower Oil now, and used to be Lipid Shower Oil with Omega. My 1st favorite is the slightly scented PH5 Skin Protection Shower Oil I couldn't find an equivalent of in the American range and also the Natural Caring Oil. The latter is recommended against stretch marks, and I used it when I was first pregnant. I didn't get any stretch marks, but now that I'm pregnant again, I only hardly ever use it, because I feel that my skin has enough elasticity because of these shower oils.

I highly recommend Eucerin shower oils and Eucerin as a brand in general to anyone with dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by MES

I have been using this off and on for a few years. An absolute must have for those with very dry skin or eczema. This isn't your typical creamy body wash, as the name implies it is oil based and therefore runny. This creates just a slight lather, and rinses surprisingly well from the skin. yeah the scent leaves a lot to be desired, but as this is made for those with sensitive skin there is no added fragrance. Oil cleansing is all the rage at the moment and this is oil cleansing for the whole body. Eucerin Shower Oil contains skin friendly omegas, and I find this makes a great product for shaving. It's a tad pricey, but worth every penny if you have dry sensitive skin. This can be hard to find as not a lot of stores carry it, and the ones that do keep it with the Eucerin lotion, not with the other body washes. I have even used this on my face and it never caused me to break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by celticcavegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is really great for dry or eczema-prone skin. It cleanses and leaves your skin moisturized and very, very soft (instead of that horrible roughness us dry-skinned girls are used to). It's slippery enough to be used for shaving

I live an area with very hard, drying tapwater and this product makes a huge difference to my skin. When I run out I notice the difference immediately.

It's not cheap but the bottle is huge and lasts a long time

Only took one lipstick off because it leaves a layer of slime around the bath/shower

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by baileysmilk84

Wanted something that doesn't strip my skin's moisture as I tend to shower a few times a day. Also read that this removes body sunblock?

The oil feels warm when it comes into contact with water. It doesn't seem good, but thankfully the smell doesn't linger on body. Sells for $18 which is expensive, managed to get it for $11+ during promotion.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Cynthia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I put on a product to feel clean, pretty and soft, I don't expect to gag over the strong fishy smell of an "unscented" product. I can't honestly review how well it works as I scrubbed it off faster than lightning. If your at ALL sensitive to fish scents stay clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Emmulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Finally!
I have Eczema, and therefore I have severe dry skin. This affects me mostly during the Winter, and it gets really itchy. No amount of body butters and lotions in the world would do sometimes.
This thing just saved me. I love it. I am so pleasantly surprised.
The night after the first use, my skin was so smooth, I didn't even need to use body butters and lotions.
I am so happy I found this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by MES

Another one of my HG products that I simply can not live without in the winter. I have very dry, eczema prone skin I swore off bar soap all together years ago, but even some body washes can be drying. This is a great product for people with allergies and sensitive skin. It cleans and moisturizes in one step, better than Dove, Purpose, or Nuetorgena. There is no added scent, but it definitely has a scent of its own. It's no strong though. I used this when I shave my legs, and on occasion as a face wash. It can be tricky t find in stores as its not with the other body washes, but usually by the Eucerin lotion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This oil wash is truly wonderful especially if your skin is going through a crisis. It may be just about the only kind of body wash you could use on a rash, excema, or very senstive, dry skin. The smell could throw you off. It smells to me just like castor oil but to some who are use to fruity or floral scents, this is not that. Has no fragrance, SLS, or harsh detergents. It comes out in your palm like straight oil and you don't think it will lather but it does! Not a ton but if your going through a bought of very dry skin you don't want that. Think of it as like your cleansing oil but for your body :) This is one of Eucerin's many great products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by paintedtoes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't have really dry body or leg skin so I only use this when needed, but I decanted some to a small travel-size bottle and found this is excellent for shaving legs while on vacation. When used on my legs or chest I like the glow it leaves. I wish the bottle's opening was smaller, I find it spills out into my hand as I don't use a washcloth for washing my body.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by paintedtoes

This is great as a moisturizing body wash but I also use it as a shave cream. It creates a close shave and leaves legs smooth without flakies.