July 31, 2014 | 2019 users online

Lipstick - Urban Decay - Wicked

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2012 5:06:00 AM More reviews by hannabananahk

I don't eat lipstick, but you cannot help but lose some of it when you drink or eat a meal. If someone hates you, they gift you Urban Decay Wicked so you can taste every bite. UGHHHH! This is the most disgusting taste/smell I've ever had in cosmetics. When you first apply it, you can smell it. The feeling on your lips isn't too hot either. I think this is the first time that I ever thought that maybe I shouldn't wear anything and go au naturale.

I think the shade is pretty, but the taste and smell is not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by RogueIvy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this product in an Urban Decay "Beauty in a Box" set and I have to agree with the other ladies who posted about it's taste. I very rarely lick my lips but I couldn't contain the "Blech!" I exclaimed when I did the first time while wearing this shade. It really does taste like bug spray or some really strong perfume.
The color is quite lovely and I love the other products included in the set. I would purchase this set again, but not this shade at regular full price. I will try other Urban Decay lip products though in hope this is just a bad batch but I'll be hesitant to try any more in this shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 5:41:00 AM More reviews by TreshaMarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this lipstick! It gave me an almost nude lip with a little pop of color. I think it is creamy and moisturizing. I love the packaging and despite what some may say I found the scent of the lipstick to be nice as well! As for the taste, i felt that it had no taste. This is a more expensive lipstick but I feel that it is worth the money. I will be buying this again! I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by LovelyLima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a "Beauty in a Box" Urban Decay gift set as a Christmas gift and this lipstick was one of the items in the set.

I've given Price 3 rating as I have no idea how much just this lipstick cost. The entire set was $39; the price was printed on the box the set came in.

Packaging I'm giving a four. With the little dagger detail on the tube, you can't tell which end of the tube is the one to pull out, and I found it confusing.

The mauve color was very nice and the texture was good. But I'm giving the overall rating a 1 as this lipstick has a very bad taste! Just NASTY; as if I had tasted bug spray. Had I purchased this myself, I would have returned it immediately. A local Sephora store would not let me exchange just the lipstick for something different; they said I had to return the whole set for store credit. I'm happy with the other Urban Decay items that came with this set, but this lipstick is going in the trash.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by efrazier

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear UD Mirage powder or MAC Face & Body foundation in C6 & C7. This lipstick has been my everyday color especially with a coat of clear gloss. The color is a sheer purple/ berry shimmer. I have a few UD lipsticks and I noticed that the lipsticks that have more glitter & shimmer also have a stronger smell and taste compared to the cream colors. Nothing bad especially since I don't lick my lips all day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Draper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Me: n/d, MAC C2/NC15. I agree with many of the comments posted by the reviewer below, particularly with the odd taste of this lipstick. Very alcohol/chemically. Wicked is a pretty, purpley-pink on me with slight shimmer (I'm 41 and this is okay for me- not as fine a shimmer as Chanel, say, but not too ott for work.). Lasting power for a sheer lipstick is relatively good- the pink tone makes it easy to apply yet it does stay on well for several hours. Blots well- shimmer and color come off evenly, unlike other low end products (WnW is notorious for this in my experience). Packaging: interesting but kind of gimmicky. I'm past the age of traveling without a purse, so the dagger isn't really an issue, but the ls was very, very hard to open at first- had to actually pop the dagger with a bath towel wrapped around it to open the tube. I'd prefer something more streamlined but still with the purple- a friend bought UD powder recently and that packaging is pretty cool looking. Price is moderate- more expensive than Clinique/MAC, but I like UD's vegan/animal friendly aesthetic and since you can try colors first, the price seems appropriate to me. Cons: too pink for those who like peach/nude lip colors. Shimmer may also be too much for some as it is silvery rather than nude/gold or holographic (again, something that I think makes Chanel shimmers worth their more expensive price). I'd like to try a creme color next- there's a blackberry that looks like it might be a good alternative to Clinique Black Honey. Buy again: maybe. I like it, but don't love it and I tend to buy more lip products than any other type of makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2008 9:38:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pretty shade. Urban Decay describes it as a mauve which is fairly accurate. It's a medium shimmery pink with lavender undertones on me. Very feminine and very flattering. The formula is fairly nice. Not too slick and not too dry, with about average wear life. Pleasantly scented (smells like caramel), though a bit strong)

I have three complaints with this product, though: the price, the packaging and the taste. $22 is a bit more than I've come to expect from UD, and I don't know that this lipstick is really worth $22. It's nice, but no nicer than something from MAC which is 40% cheaper. The packaging is pretty too look at, but the tube is heavy and much bigger than it needs to be. The dagger on the end is cute, but bothersome as it keeps the lipstick from being able to stand open on its end and has the potential of stabbing you in the thigh if you carry it around in your front pant pocket. I'd much prefer more streamlined packaging, even at the sacrifice of aesthetic. The old school UD lipstick packaging was better IMO. Finally, this lipstick tastes AWFUL. I'm not really sensitive to the way my lipsticks taste so I was surprised by how grossed out by the way this tastes. I don't lip my lips often so it's bearable, but still. It tastes almost like bug spray. I've noticed that the shimmery lipsticks that I've tried from this new line all have that horrible chemical taste, but that the ones with cream finishes do not so I'm guessing whatever they use to get the pearly finish is to blame. Still weird as I've never noticed that shimmery lipsticks from other lines tasting different from their creamy and matte sisters. Not pleasant!