September 23, 2014 | 1492 users online

Fragrance - Monsieur Musk- New Dana

rated 1.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Gretchen76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm continuing on my obssesion with men's scents here! Ah, New Dana, known for destroying beloved classic scents. I have to wonder if they did a number on this one as well- originally produced by Houbigant the New Dana version of this that I tried smelled like rotting vegetation. You know when say, celery has been sittting in the vegetable crisper for weeks, its limp, but not visibly decomposing yet, but has an unmistakable, off, musty odor? That's what this smells like- no musk to be found anywhere! I will have to track down Houbigant's version and rate it separately. Such a shame too, as I love it in theory:

(1977)
Olfactory Family: Musky
Description: Fresh, Green, Spicy, Warm, Sensual, Tobacco, Woody
(perfumeworld.net)
**Edited on 10/4/2010 to add: I was able to purchase some of the original by Houbigant- actually is was called "Monsieur Houbigant Musk- the scent of tobacco rockets out of the bottle with warm, fuzzy musk and some spice I cant identify follow. I am so besotted and intrigued. I really lament the loss of Houbigant as a contender in the perfume market. They had A++ scents!**