August 22, 2014 | 1055 users online

Polishes - OPI - The Thrill of Brazil

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by katiepoodle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to Christmastime or 50s-mood red! Great glide one, works well with two coats, and the color is perfect on my skin. It does NOT have pink/berry undertones like many OPI reds too. I'd say this is a warmer red.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Liliaceae2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this nail polish because of its name only. But I'm so glad I did! This is a true medium red with the slightest touch of blue, just enough to make it look classy.
"The Thrill of Brazil" has a great formula. It dries super quickly and with a very glossy finish. You can almost get away with one coat.
I love how it looks against my fair skin (NC10/15, for reference), absolutely flattering. I think it really gives that pin up look which I very often crave for.
It's definitely one of my favorite nail polishes ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Rkbxt9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have bought this polish 3 times because of how much I love it. It is a true red but with a slightly pink/blue undertone. I use this with OPI Chip Skip and then Revlon Top Coat and do not have chips for one week at the least. It is perfect for work (I'm a resident) and for a night out on the town. It looks so good as pedi in the summer as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by jessicarose42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Bought this after looking for a deep sexy red which it 100% is. It isn't too bright and not too dark.
Great formula so only takes two coats to become opaque. Only problem is that it definitely needs a basecoat as it stained my nails however it doesn't put me off wearing it.
If I ran out then I would buy this colour again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Dj14

Lovely color application was good and drying time was quick. Color really stands out. Lovely simple plain red

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Victorialanette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my second favorite red polish. I love the name it drew me in at the nail salon and im a huge fan of red polishes so i grabbed this one and tried it and fell in love. Its a favorite for on my toes too. Ill continue to buy this color.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by NoemiN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice medium warm red colour, but nothing special. I really like the name :-)
Very nice aplication, good staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by kat7inka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The Thrill of Brazil is a classic, true, slightly blue based red. Application was fine, two coats covered well. However, after a few days the color became blotchy. It simply seemed to darken in some areas of the nail. I have no idea why it did so. I have never seen other polishes do this. I put on a top coat every second day as I always do, and that made it look even worse. It also got a weird, plastic like surface that I have seen on other colors from OPI, but never as bad as this. I wouldn't buy it again. There are far more beautiful reds out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by jenjenx2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I was searching for a classy red nail polish shade, I scored with this one.
I love this red.. it's what I imagine when I think of red nails.
Doesn't streak, I put two coats.
Along with Big Apple Red, this is my favorite go to polish for work or a night out :D

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by xoxolivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

before you read, i did not purchase this product, and I do not like red reds! that may account for my low rating. I was just given something I did not like.. I was given this nail polish after my grandma passed away.. along with all her other polishes. Red was her fave color but this one was my least favorite red. it wasn't attractive to me, or on my skin. I am tanned and I just think it's too red, like crayola red. it is too primary for me. According to the color weel, reds can go into an orange or into a violet.. and this one kinda goes into orange... (if that makes sense.) Its not like fire-engine red, a little brighter. if you are looking for a true red, this is it. I just can't wear it, If i were to look for a red, it would probably be a duller and shimmery one :) .. i would love to try malaga wine, maybe that's better for tanned skin