Shiseido Ultra Sun Protection Cream Spf 50

3.7

MEDICINAL INGREDIENTS: Zinc Oxide 13.9%, Octinoxate 7.4%. NON-MEDICINAL INGREDIENTS: Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Polybutylene Glycol/PPG-9/1 Copolymer, Disteardimoniu Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dextrin Palmitate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Xylitol, Methyl Gluceth-10, Glutahione, Sodium Glutamate, Zinc Myristate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Thiotaurine, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Onions Spinosa Root Extract, Extoin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Isotearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Trisodium Edta, Silica, Alcohol, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide.

on 7/13/2015 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My problem with sunscreens, is that they usually irritate my face, with some sunscreens, my skin starts to feel like its burning.

Anyways, I was in line at sephora when I saw the small sample size of this sunscreen. I've heard different beauty gurus talk about this product so I bought it to test out. For the sample size, it is VERY pricey, especially for the small amount.

Overall, this lotion doesn't give me a "white cast" possibly because I don't use a lot, I just need less than a dime sized amount, this sunscreen doesn't feel too heavy BUT as someone with DRY sensitive skin like myself, I found it to be a bit greasy?? Especially my T-zone with usually never gets oily at all.

I wouldn't repurchase this.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It goes on super thick leaving a white cast that I have to apply my makeup over since this stuff is super thick and difficult to rub in. I do like that it's matte and doesn't turn my makeup super oily. For the fact that it's matte and doesn't turn oily I may consider repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It was water resistant but it felt super itchy on my skin and it is full of chemicals... :(

This used to be a staple of mine however, it has been reformulated....the new ingredient list puts SD alcohol as the 3rd ingredient. The sales lady tried to tell me that some alcohol are good for the skin....ummm...not SD...so, I'm off to find myself a new staple...sad...this has been my sunscreen for 10 yrs.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- waterproof
- nice squeeze bottle dispenser and small size
- spreads easily
- not greasy but skin feels encased with thick layer of something

Cons:
- leaves white cast on my NC25-30
- causes breakouts even if I clean my face well and with Mia
- with Shiseido signature scent
- pricey

on 5/7/2015 11:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Found it at 14.99$ at Winners, good deal! 48$ is so pricey, especially for so little... O.o I needed a good one because I'm really pale, I burn easily and I work outside in my summer job... I'll really put it to the test this summer! For now, I like the scent, it doesn't smell like sunscreen! More like a fancy handcream if I can say... ;) I love that it is water-proof and sweat-proof!

I'll edit to let you know if my face burned! :P

on 5/14/2014 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have infinite love for Shiseido's Ultra Sun Protection Cream spf 50! It is pricey at $27 cdn for 1 oz, however, I will likely use it more to get out my money's worth unlike getting a $10 sunscreen I may throw out (since it's cheap). I wear this sunscreen whenever I will be outside for more than 10 minutes. I love the application of the product, it goes on very matte and it leaves no white cast! My skin tone is about nc 25-30, a white cast is pretty noticeable on me so I've got to be careful with sunscreens. The sunscreen sinks right in, there's no greasy feel. This product is perfect for one if they wear makeup, you don't have to wait to long to begin applying makeup, I usually like to wait about ten minutes for the sunscreen to set but it's your choice. The scent of the cream is pleasant, I can't put my finger on the smell. I will tell you it does not smell like typical sunscreen. I will continue to repurchase this, however, I may try out Biore's sunscreen (Japanese brand) or Elta MD.

Oh and if you're Canadian. I noticed at Sephora the sunscreen sells for $27 at 1 oz but on the Canadian Sephora website, the price lists that it should be about $20 for 1 oz. I am confused as to why I saw different prices.

I may get the Shiseido sunscreen marketed towards the face AND body because I noticed they have similar ingredients and it's a little more budget friendly than the one for the face.

I should mention I have acne prone and combination skin (oily t zone and slightly dry cheeks).

Edit: Forgot to add, I apply about 1/4 tsp on sunscreen on my face, that is the minimum requirement to ensure proper protection. Apply less than that, you will not get the advertised amount of protection.

Edit: REMOVE WITH OIL! I realized this after I got pimples on my nose. Since the sunscreen is advertised to be water-resistant, it won't easily remove with water based cleanser. I first remove with baby oil then I use my cleanser (PC hydralight cleanser atm).

on 3/27/2014 6:12:00 AM

I've used this sunscreen for about a year under makeup. I lost my no makeup sunscreen so I wore this one on my one hour walk. I rubbed it in well and made sure it was well blended. After my walk I went to Target and Chipotle. I came home, walked past a mirror AND NOTICED I HAD A VERY NOTICEABLE WHITE CAST ON MY FACE! I went out in public like that! I don't worry about it usually Because of makeup but since I wasn't wearing any today I made sure I used less and blended more. THIS IS ONLY A UNDER MAKEUP SUNSCREEN FOR PEOPLE WITH MY SKINTONE(nc 37) I might as well ditch it and you use my drugstore under my makeup as well.

on 12/19/2013 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

There's a woman here on Makeupalley who is in her 40s and swears by this stuff. Apparently she gets carded frequently. And her husband is telling her "whatever you are doing -- keep doing it." Well that testimonial was enough for me to get off my butt and shell out the $35 bucks.

This leaves a matte finish with a white cast. You can cancel it out with a foundation - I use Supergoop CC Cream in light OR you can cancel it out with Dr. Hauska's bronze concentrate. Whatever floats you boat.

If you are looking for a drugstore alternative try Coppertone Sensitive Faces -- similar sun protection, just slightly less zinc, and significantly less money.

By the way, the reason I use this is the ZINC CONTENT. I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO USE A PHYSICAL SUNBLOCK. Chemical sunscreens age you. Zinc and titanium dioxide are the ingredients you would want in your sunblock.

on 7/29/2013 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

the cream leaves a major white cast on my NC42 face so returned. the lotion is much better. very effective sunscreen but thick consistency, a bit greasy (i have oily skin so thats no bueno). $35.00 for 2.1 oz at sephora. returned.

Top Rated Shiseido Products