November 23, 2014 | 993 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Meteorites Travel Touch in Mythic 01

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

I honestly don't get this product. I am a real highlighter h00r but still am totally baffled over the hype over Guerlain Ballz and Meteorites. It gives a very powdery/glittery/sparkly highlight that looks artificial . I have combo skin, and don't find this to really help my skin look more dewy. It doesn't help prolong foundation wear either. I guess if you are a fan of the Meteorites, this would be a handy "on the go" powder for travelling purposes. However, it's quite unsanitary to use as you can't take off the sponge applicator to wash without ripping or destroying it.
The packaging is pretty though. And I am partial to the scent. I just never find myself reaching for this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 4:41:00 AM More reviews by alicilera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was really skeptical when I bought this, due to the reviews received. Am loving it for travel purposes, I use it as a touch-up face powder. Not too shimmery at all when applied with light hand. 1st time use, was abit wasteful. I couldnt see any product application, and puffed like crazy!
But thereafter, product applies easily. I dont use it everyday - so i dont foresee it finishing so soon. I'm just worried about hygiene factors - not being able to wash the sponge. I got inspiration off this to pound my Meteorites balls version to powder. Now they apply much faster!
I used to have to swipe 10 times just to get something to show from Meteorites balls. lol.
Took a lippie off for the price. Too much $ for too little product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2009 1:57:00 AM More reviews by hana86

I hate it- that's it~ it's way too glittery and shimmery...

I heared so many good reviews about this product... internationally...but I'm not thrilled with the product at all~..

and... the powder comes out of the size of the container!!! does it happen to everyone's container?? or is mine a faulty product??? well.. everytime I puff or open the lid/close the lid, the powder comes out from the sides........ so much excess powder just comes out.. and I tried to tighten it... but its already tight!!!! for $90 AU it's not worth it.. seriously.. NARS multiple stick is so much better as a highlighter....

so disapppointed and I wanna give a zero!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Tippchick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was picked up in Duty Free and was $46 (Canadian). I would agree with the earlier reviewer regarding the amount of product that is used in such a short space of time. Having said that it does impart a wonderful glow-like finish on the skin and I would say this makes it worth the money but I am at the age when this is very important so keep that in mind.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I love all things Meteorites, so naturally, when Guerlain came out with a "travel friendly" version, I had to splurge. BTW, this is a brand new addition to the line (August 2008) so I haven't seen it in Sephora yet, only at the dept. stores. This is a small container with powdered version of Mythic 01 colour of Meteorites (so not the little balls, but powder) and on the top of the container is attached a sponge-y puff. There is a hole at the top pf the container and the powder "seeps" through the puff in a controlled amount and you sweep it across the face. Not an ultra-new concept (actually, if you know Guerlain line, they already have a line of loose powders that come in similar containers). I have also seen some other makeup brands with the similar container idea, so as I already said, nothing revolutionary, but it works. I love the concept as it makes the application of Meteorites even faster than before, plus, there is no need to carry both the brush and the big box of Meteorites with you. Great concept and love the product, but it is pricey, especially, since I am getting a feeling using this for the last week that you use up a lot more product this way than simply with Meteorites balls and brush. We'll see. The colour this currently comes in is Mythic 01, which is a fairly standard and generic illuminator for the face. It is exactly the same as the standard Meteorites balls or compact in Mythic. Great product and highly recommended, especially if you are traveling frequently and hate to carry the brush and box with you everywhere. UPDATE: I am sorry my beloved Guerlain, taking one lippy off as this product visibly disappears from my pot every time I use it!!!! For some reason, a LOT more product is used this way than with the traditional Meteorites "brush and balls" system. I love the concept, but if I continue at this rate I will use up the entire package in less than a month!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No