November 22, 2014 | 1745 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Double Fix

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Mchaleme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, I do have to say that this product works ....but that being said I discovered after purchasing that Clarins tests on animals. I was mad at myself for not checking first. There are other options that are cruelty free such as Bare Minerals Locked and Coated. It is shameful, archaic and de-evolved to still use these practices. But if you feel good about someone torturing an innocent creature so that your mascara doesn't run then go for it. Otherwise look to the plethora of other companies out there that do not use these archaic practices.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by mjyeung

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is truly amazing!! I wish I had discovered it earlier.
I am a mascara addict and will buy new mascaras that are well rated. But I am often limited by wearing new ones because of smudging. This product stops ANY mascara from smudging! I used to think the slight shadowing on my under eye was from the eyeliner or eyeshadow I was wearing. Now that I know it's from my mascara and it is no longer an issue, I look much less tired without the smudges.
I love this product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by OrsonWiggles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is such a fantastic product! Now, I can use whatever mascara I want and the curl stays! I have stick straight thin lashes, and only waterproof mascaras have worked for me in the past. Even so, I'd still get smudging. With this product, it's perfect and I can FINALLY use all the mini mascaras I get with all those gift with purchases. Oh, and I've found that it works whether you put the double fix on before or after you've applied your mascara. I was told by the SA that I had to use it to "fix" my mascara after it was applied. But because of my non-curl holding lashes, I used double fix first (to hold the curl), followed by the regular mascara, and then a final seal of the double fix. But, then I found that it works even if you JUST use it before applying your mascara. I don't even have to apply the second coat! I will seriously buy this forever and ever and ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by wellnell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Works as well as everyone says and does not irritate my super sensitive, itchy, painful and always ridiculously bothersome eyes. Really, I wore it over Maybelline Full n Soft and went to the water park for 6 hours. Got splashed in the face at high speed, rubbed my face repeatedly and even got sunscreen in my eyes. When I got home it was just starting to get flakey but was still difficult to get off. It really works, trust the reviews.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by TiaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So handy to keep mascara waterproof! My only complaint is that it can irritate my eyes if I accidentally get some too close. But I constantly use this when I go to the gym/hot-tub/steam room...and no mascara runs! I also cried at a recital and had no issues there.

Comes off easily with baby oil. :)

An added bonus...if you curl your lashes once the product sets, it'll hold that curl really well!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Termoli

If I could give it zero rating, I would. First of all, I've had an allergic reaction to this product. My eyes sting like hell. Secondly, it feels like glue and you really have to rub hard to get it off. I am returning mine tomorrow.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by hhappyanna

This stuff is amazing! I use this in many different ways.
The consitency of this product is very silicone like imo. But when it dries it kind of gets a thad sticky but thats good!

One way i use it is to keep my lashes curled. My lashes grow very straight forward so i apply a littlebit of this on my lashes and then curl them and it makes the curl hold all day even if you cry or anything else that could happen :)

And another way i use this is to mix this with an eyeshadow and it creates this gel like texture and then i apply that as an eyeliner and let it dry a few minutes, you could also do your eyebrows like this and they will be super waterproof. And then when it sets it wont budge until you remove it with a good makeup remover :)
So this product is really worth the money imo because you can use this in many different ways.

Sorry if my grammar is weird im from sweden :P

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Michellep92

I always have problems with smudging. But with this product that is in the past! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by jen680

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

amazing stuff. I have not worn mascara for most of my life merely because I couldnít find something that did not smudge on my eyes. Iíve tried all the brands from drugstore to high end (waterproof, smudgeproof etc).. and literally could not find anything that didnít end up making me look like a panda towards the end of the day. NO LONGER with double fix!! I can now wear whatever mascara I want and it locks it in place. Really really impressed with the performance of this product. I also wear it alone for a glossy, shiny look on my lashes. Must have for those ladies out there who have issues with smudging like I do!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by jessieph8

oh my god this stuff is incredible. Honestly, for people who have no problems with smudging, flaking, holding curl etc. I think its pointless to buy but if you are like me and have trouble with all three, I would DEFINATELY reccomend it. i have Always have problems with smudging, and if I find one that doesnt smudge, it flakes so I have probably gotten through about 15 mascaras and just not used them. The only brand that doesnt seem to smudge on me is Covergirl/Max Factor (same brand incase you didnt know) but sadly, on me, nobody else it seems, they flake but that is the only brand I used before. I founf this and decided to get it and I am so thankful that I did. It basically smudge,flakes and waterproofs any mascara, ANY. I have tested out everysing mascara that I have bought but smudged and this works with all of them. Another pro is that its great for brows too! I dont have very thick eyebrows but they are a bit unruly and this will set them in place all day. Once I finish this, I will definately be purchasing again, its now become the product I cant live without. Its crazy how no other companies have tried to come up with a similar product because if it worked, it would be a huge success. I remove it with coconut oil which is what I use for all my makeup since my skin is extremely sensitive and it works perfectly so im sure any oil-based remover will take it off.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No