Clarins Double Fix

4.4

isododecane - polyethylene - disteardimonium hectorite - synthetic wax - vp/eicosene copolymer - propylene carbonate - trimethylsiloxysilicate - parfum - ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate

on 12/12/2014 9:22:00 AM

It does its job well (keeps mascara waterproof) but I dislike using it because it makes my lashes stick straight. Everyone else says that this helps their lashes to hold a curl, but I find that it the complete opposite happens for me (I've got stick-straight Asian eyelashes that I curl before I apply mascara). The brush is also designed in a way that clumps all my lashes together and undoes all the work I put into fanning out my lashes when I apply my mascara, even if I remove the excess product on the wand beforehand. The packaging is minimalist and lovely, but the price point is higher than I'm comfortable with, especially since more and more drugstore brands are coming out with similar waterproofing top-coats. Unless I can find some way to make this work, I will not repurchase this again.

ksy

on 11/26/2014 3:19:00 AM

last time i used to skip mascara because i really hate smudging. my lashes are of moderate length but they are quite sparse.

now, i curl my lashes, followed by thin layer of mascara and then clarins double fix. it helps to hold the curl and the mascara in place. it doesn't clump the lashes together even if you accidentally apply too much. smudging is very minimal.

after trying this, I will never go with my mascara alone anymore.

on 9/26/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok, I do have to say that this product works ....but that being said I discovered after purchasing that Clarins tests on animals. I was mad at myself for not checking first. There are other options that are cruelty free such as Bare Minerals Locked and Coated. It is shameful, archaic and de-evolved to still use these practices. But if you feel good about someone torturing an innocent creature so that your mascara doesn't run then go for it. Otherwise look to the plethora of other companies out there that do not use these archaic practices.

on 9/14/2014 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is truly amazing!! I wish I had discovered it earlier.
I am a mascara addict and will buy new mascaras that are well rated. But I am often limited by wearing new ones because of smudging. This product stops ANY mascara from smudging! I used to think the slight shadowing on my under eye was from the eyeliner or eyeshadow I was wearing. Now that I know it's from my mascara and it is no longer an issue, I look much less tired without the smudges.
I love this product!!!

on 9/6/2014 10:14:00 PM

This is such a fantastic product! Now, I can use whatever mascara I want and the curl stays! I have stick straight thin lashes, and only waterproof mascaras have worked for me in the past. Even so, I'd still get smudging. With this product, it's perfect and I can FINALLY use all the mini mascaras I get with all those gift with purchases. Oh, and I've found that it works whether you put the double fix on before or after you've applied your mascara. I was told by the SA that I had to use it to "fix" my mascara after it was applied. But because of my non-curl holding lashes, I used double fix first (to hold the curl), followed by the regular mascara, and then a final seal of the double fix. But, then I found that it works even if you JUST use it before applying your mascara. I don't even have to apply the second coat! I will seriously buy this forever and ever and ever!

on 8/16/2014 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Works as well as everyone says and does not irritate my super sensitive, itchy, painful and always ridiculously bothersome eyes. Really, I wore it over Maybelline Full n Soft and went to the water park for 6 hours. Got splashed in the face at high speed, rubbed my face repeatedly and even got sunscreen in my eyes. When I got home it was just starting to get flakey but was still difficult to get off. It really works, trust the reviews.

on 7/8/2014 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

So handy to keep mascara waterproof! My only complaint is that it can irritate my eyes if I accidentally get some too close. But I constantly use this when I go to the gym/hot-tub/steam room...and no mascara runs! I also cried at a recital and had no issues there.

Comes off easily with baby oil. :)

An added bonus...if you curl your lashes once the product sets, it'll hold that curl really well!

on 6/16/2014 7:31:00 PM

If I could give it zero rating, I would. First of all, I've had an allergic reaction to this product. My eyes sting like hell. Secondly, it feels like glue and you really have to rub hard to get it off. I am returning mine tomorrow.

on 6/16/2014 1:00:00 AM

This stuff is amazing! I use this in many different ways.
The consitency of this product is very silicone like imo. But when it dries it kind of gets a thad sticky but thats good!

One way i use it is to keep my lashes curled. My lashes grow very straight forward so i apply a littlebit of this on my lashes and then curl them and it makes the curl hold all day even if you cry or anything else that could happen :)

And another way i use this is to mix this with an eyeshadow and it creates this gel like texture and then i apply that as an eyeliner and let it dry a few minutes, you could also do your eyebrows like this and they will be super waterproof. And then when it sets it wont budge until you remove it with a good makeup remover :)
So this product is really worth the money imo because you can use this in many different ways.

Sorry if my grammar is weird im from sweden :P

on 5/27/2014 6:56:00 PM

I always have problems with smudging. But with this product that is in the past! I love it!

Top Rated Clarins Products