Sephora Sephora by OPI - Caffeine Fix

4.3

on 9/19/2014 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a deep reddish-wine brown. It does look like deep coffee in the sunlight, but mostly it appears deep reddish brown. It is very pretty and takes about 3 coats to be completely opaque for me.

It has good wear and typical formula for OPI. Great brush and smooth. This whole line has been discontinued but I think this color can be duped fairly easily.

on 11/13/2010 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

As others have said, the first coat goes on kind of thin (and purple looking), two coats is fully opaque. At first I wondered why this polish is called what it is but in bright sunlight you can see the brownish tone (as in coffee). Beautiful, shiny and long wearing, but it's pricey for nail polish. I'm sure a suitable dupe can be had.

on 5/15/2010 11:16:00 PM

pro:
-love the almost black but dark plum color
-great consistency
-fast drying.
-easy to touch up.
con:
-chips like no other within DAYS

on 3/16/2010 1:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Sephora lists this as dark plum coffee and I'd say that's really accurate. One coat is quite sheer and purple and 2-3 looks almost black. This is a cream and wears like one on me sadly. I get small chips after 2 days. Layering on a similar color with sparkle helps with longevity but not by much. I'm spoiled with larger brushes now and this is a tiny one compared to the new Sally Hansen complete polish. The color is unique enough to buy but the wear really puts me off from ever repurchasing.

on 1/7/2010 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love it, such a great color ! verstaile, and love the name because I'm a starbucks addict : )

on 1/4/2010 2:28:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Wow! This is my 3rd Sephora by OPI n/p and, once again, I am really impressed. After 2 coats I get the true color which is shiny but then I apply seche vite so who knows how long the shine would last??!! Indoor this is verrrry dark, almost black. Outside I do see plummy purple with some red undertones but it's still really dark. Yep, I'm a little surprised like others why they cost so much unlike other Sephora brand products which are less than thier "competition" brands but I'll pony up cause these polishes seem to last longer on me than regular OPI. No chipping for a good 4 days with Stickey and Seche and then it's really just chip wear type chipping. Will def. repurchase this and other colors.

on 10/27/2009 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I have a few Sephora by OPI polishes, and Caffeine Fix is probably my number 2 favorite thus far. Sephora describes this is a dark plum coffee, and for the most part, I would say that's a pretty accurate description. It's a deep shade that looks like a dark chocolate with deep plum/burgundy undertones. This is a great shade for both tips and toes, and it's a bottle of vampy goodness IMO. Applies like a dream, and since it's not a regular OPI, it has the regular brush which is my favorite as I'm not a fan of the pro-wide that OPI has started using. Definitely a great shade, and one that I could see flattering just about any skintone. Totally love this one!

on 10/22/2009 12:10:00 AM

Absolutely love this polish! Perfect for fall. It's a deep burgundy that borders on plum. I definitely see a slight purple undertone in this polish. It's vampy, sexy, and best of all doesn't chip! I wore this polish without a base or top coat and it lasted a few days without any chipping.

Definitely recommend this polish for those girls lookin' for a HG fall polish!

on 10/16/2009 3:47:00 PM

This is a great vampy color for fall. It's a deep, creamy red that manages not to look black. A very unique color and a great formula.

A perfect dupe for Chanel's Rouge Noir polish, which is what Vamp used to be like when it first came out in the mid-90s. Deep, dark, almost-black burgundy wine without any shimmer! Chanel's Rouge Noir (and all the other Chanel polishes I've tried, for that matter) chip like crazy very quickly, whereas this polish has lasted a solid five days so far on my hands despite packing for a move, dishwashing, laundry, etc. I'll be wearing this one for the next five months, until spring at least! Love it!

Edited to add it lasted throughout moving my office, as well as the unpacking and breaking down of cardboard boxes. Incredible! Bulletproof! If all of the Sephora by OPI polishes are this good, then I've got a new HG brand.

Popular Polishes