Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

2.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

This product to terrible. Please do not use it! It made my face swell and then turn really red with little white pimples everywhere! It was so painful. It feels like a chemical burn. Someone should do something about the product! Not cool.

I have used this from time to time over the years, wanting to like it for the cute pink color and the grapefruit smell. I don't like it. This cleanser dries me out and seemed to result in more acne. My sister seems to like it a lot, though. Helpful, because I can pass mine along to her.

HORRIBLE!!!! Not only did this product NOT help with my breakouts, it also dried up my skin like CRAZY. I was foolish enough to purchase this product twice, unknowingly - once in a squeeze tube form and once in this pump form. The first time I purchased this product was two years ago and I bought the squeeze tube version. I spent the summer in Europe, and I washed my face twice a day with this. Even in the humid European climate, this made my skin flake like CRAZY - and by flake, I mean every time the wind blew, it looked like my face was snowing.
Two years later, I'm suffering from some pretty stubborn acne, and I remembered that there seemed to be a lot of hype about this product. So I picked up the pump bottle version and not only has my acne NOT gone away, but it's gotten WORSE AND WORSE every day!! I now have painful, angry whiteheads and acne scars almost everywhere on my face, and I can't even sleep comfortably at night because I have acne on both cheeks near my ears, oddly enough. To top it off, the rest of my skin, which was fine before, dried out like a LEATHER PURSE. I've always had fairly good skin largely thanks to my Asian genes, but recently, every time I move my face, I notice lines and wrinkles pop up everywhere and my face feels really, really stiff. As a 19-year-old Asian, having skin that looks and feels older than my 54 year-old mother's is absolutely awful.
TL;DR - DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!! DRIES YOU OUT LIKE NOBODY'S BUSINESS!!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Picked this up without checking reviews. I haven't seen a huge difference in my acne, but I see some. Now, the reason why I gave it two lipsticks is because it is over drying! My skin is usually normal but from this I've been getting dry/rough patches a lot and no drugstore & high end lotions seem to help! I'll use it up since I hate wasting things but I'll remember to only use one pump everyday. It smells great and the packaging is simple and cute, but the inside... is okay. Won't repurchase but I never repurchase acne washes anyway since after a while, your skin gets so used to the formula so your face doesn't have a reaction. Which means it won't get rid of acne. Hope this was helpful to you - @makeupdupe.s on instagram

Mediocre is all I can say really. Bought two in buy one get one free at Boots. Used the first one and left the other in a drawer for about a year which explains it all. Got it out and tried using again but it's just bad.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I see all these bad reviews! It did not dry out my skin, perhaps because I bought the moisteriser too? It worked for me, but didn't make a massive difference. The smell was lovely to me, I bought the recent one, so maybe they changed it. My face felt wet in parts after the mousteriser, but it was just the mousturiser. Do not put on nousteriser on if you have sun burn! It will sting and hurt! Overall, it was good, but I would not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product was horrible and drying.
I'm really disappointed in neutrogena for producing a product like this, they're usually the brand that is gentle
This doesn't even smell good, it smells sickening.
I did not hesitate to return this and get the mario badescu acne cleanser. That one is far better and has made a but difference in my skin.

Fragrances are know irritants to skin so why would neutrogena make a super obnoxious fruit scented face wash?? I know pink grapefruit is said to have brightening properties, but this is all chemical and fragrance. There is nothing brightening or beneficial about it!!

People with acne often go towards a fix with the highest percentage of active ingredient, but just because you get something with the maximum percentage allowed doesn't mean it will work better. In fact, it's highly likely to backfire on you. Salicylic acid is drying bc it is intended to dry up acne, it clears dead skin cells and can leave your face dry. When you put an intense product like this on your face it dries out your entire face and worse than that, it makes it impossible for your skin to heal from the acne so your acne either never goes away or you're left with scars. Either way your complexion is ruined. ((Salicylic acid removes dead skin cells which is good ...in moderation bc it allows new cells to form. But harsh products like this with 2% salicylic acid take off too many skin cells and no new cells form! which is terrible. Not to mention the unnecessary fragrance and horrible ingredients in this product make the effect even worse))

Products with 0.5% or 1% salicylic acid (instead of 2%) are just as effective, if not more effective because they allow your skin to rebuild new cells

Please take notice of what you're putting on your skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This facial cleanser is ok, I didn't buy it for any purpose aside from a basic face wash to use in the morning, and for me it has been ok. I have oily skin, prone to hormonal acne and this did not break me out more nor did it prevent any new zits from forming. I realize everyone's skin reacts differently to different products but I never had any reactions to Neutrogena products. I wouldn't recommend this to someone with really dry skin, however, since I can see it being somewhat drying. I use this in the morning and use a different cleanser for makeup removal in the evening.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I would not recommend this product to no one. This product dried out my skin so much , and it burned horribly after a few days. I moisturized and it did not help at all .. I'm not using it anymore & waiting for my skin to return from this dry state

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just love this product. It really deep cleans my pores. But its for the days when my skin is not oily. I just use this cleanser in winter. In summer time it doesn't work for my extremely oily summer skin