Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

2.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

on 8/26/2015 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I see all these bad reviews! It did not dry out my skin, perhaps because I bought the moisteriser too? It worked for me, but didn't make a massive difference. The smell was lovely to me, I bought the recent one, so maybe they changed it. My face felt wet in parts after the mousteriser, but it was just the mousturiser. Do not put on nousteriser on if you have sun burn! It will sting and hurt! Overall, it was good, but I would not repurchase.

on 7/21/2015 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product was horrible and drying.
I'm really disappointed in neutrogena for producing a product like this, they're usually the brand that is gentle
This doesn't even smell good, it smells sickening.
I did not hesitate to return this and get the mario badescu acne cleanser. That one is far better and has made a but difference in my skin.

Fragrances are know irritants to skin so why would neutrogena make a super obnoxious fruit scented face wash?? I know pink grapefruit is said to have brightening properties, but this is all chemical and fragrance. There is nothing brightening or beneficial about it!!

People with acne often go towards a fix with the highest percentage of active ingredient, but just because you get something with the maximum percentage allowed doesn't mean it will work better. In fact, it's highly likely to backfire on you. Salicylic acid is drying bc it is intended to dry up acne, it clears dead skin cells and can leave your face dry. When you put an intense product like this on your face it dries out your entire face and worse than that, it makes it impossible for your skin to heal from the acne so your acne either never goes away or you're left with scars. Either way your complexion is ruined. ((Salicylic acid removes dead skin cells which is good ...in moderation bc it allows new cells to form. But harsh products like this with 2% salicylic acid take off too many skin cells and no new cells form! which is terrible. Not to mention the unnecessary fragrance and horrible ingredients in this product make the effect even worse))

Products with 0.5% or 1% salicylic acid (instead of 2%) are just as effective, if not more effective because they allow your skin to rebuild new cells

Please take notice of what you're putting on your skin.

on 7/20/2015 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This facial cleanser is ok, I didn't buy it for any purpose aside from a basic face wash to use in the morning, and for me it has been ok. I have oily skin, prone to hormonal acne and this did not break me out more nor did it prevent any new zits from forming. I realize everyone's skin reacts differently to different products but I never had any reactions to Neutrogena products. I wouldn't recommend this to someone with really dry skin, however, since I can see it being somewhat drying. I use this in the morning and use a different cleanser for makeup removal in the evening.

on 7/20/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I would not recommend this product to no one. This product dried out my skin so much , and it burned horribly after a few days. I moisturized and it did not help at all .. I'm not using it anymore & waiting for my skin to return from this dry state

on 7/20/2015 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just love this product. It really deep cleans my pores. But its for the days when my skin is not oily. I just use this cleanser in winter. In summer time it doesn't work for my extremely oily summer skin

on 7/17/2015 8:04:00 PM

Dries skin out like no other.so made my skin a total oil slick. Don't buy.

on 7/12/2015 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Honestly I don't think the name of this cleanser should even be called "Oil-free Acne Wash." It should just be called "Oil-free Grapefruit Wash." This cleanser did nothing to my skin to be honest. All this cleanser did was dry out my skin. There was no significant difference from the first day I had purchased this product. This cleanser claims to clear breakouts BUT AGAIN all it did was dry out my skin. But yes it does remove most dirt on the skin and pretty much all of the skins natural oil. I honestly feel this cleanser is not for people with troubled acne prone skin. I recommend this cleanser for people who get few breakouts once or twice a year or a couple of pimples on their period and are trying to get rid of a breakout! And TRUST ME I CLEANSED MY SKIN MANY TIMES I had this cleanser for about a month yet nothing happened. Don't buy this cleanser if you have acne prone skin ! IT WILL DO NOTHING!

on 7/1/2015 1:00:00 PM

No no no. Nope!

on 7/1/2015 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I hated this product. I bough it because I was breaking out quite a bit. All it did for me was break my skin out even more. It dried my skin out and even felt like it was burning my skin. The only thing I enjoyed about this product was the smell.

on 4/20/2015 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This product is HORRIBLE... if anything it made my skin break out even more. I had used this product about a year back and I still remember it not working in any shape or form. My face, even though neither too oily or too dry, always felt extremely dry after using this product. I got deep, cystic acne or even small breakouts despite using this religiously every night. To be blunt, I do not recommend this product to anyone!