July 30, 2014 | 1496 users online

Pressed Powders - Christian Dior - Diorskin Poudre Shimmer - #003 Copper Diamond

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Kristinaweaver08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this but in the pink tones and really like it. It's not to shimmery. Doesn't look like I am a teen that threw shimmer al over my face of you get my drift. Just a nice subtle glow. Pricey but I do like it an most likely will purchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by mizzcindy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

So this isn't available anymore but the reason I still wanted to review it anyway is that I got this in a swap and I really want to give this product the praise it deserves.
Mainly because of my latest highlighter lemmings and all these Dior Diamond shimmer powders turning up as everyones favourites, I had to try at least one of them.
So because I have a serious problem with decision making and I couldn't choose, I ended up buying the two regular ones (Rose and Amber Diamond) from Strawberrynet (my lemming started with the discontinuation of the powders over here in Europe; always late to the party). |
And after that this one popped up for swap and I was mainly curious about its's difference to Amber Diamond.
But in the end, this turned out to be my fave of the bunch. It's the perfect marriage of Rose and Amber Diamond and for me (nw15) this is THE perfect highlighter/ bronzer combo for summer.
It's more tanned and less golden (and yellow) than Amber, and equally rosy but less (pale) pink than Rose. It's like a warm bronzer and peachy highlighter all in one, and the shimmer never looks over the top.
Come to think of it, if Rose Diamond is the pale winter version, this one is the warm summer version.
I can't imagine that this wouldn't look good on any skintone, whereas the Rose suits cool toned best and Amber suits warmer toned better. This one would suit everyone.
When your fair, this could work out as a subtle bronzer (no orange, just a really pretty glowy sheen) as well as highlighter, so you get 2 for the price for one.
I also think that these shimmer powders by Dior are very high quality and soft, easy to work with and you never look like a discoball.
Only thing is, you would have to likethe glowy effect, because this is definitely not matte!
I would highly recommend that if you get the chance to swap for or buy this, go for it.
I love this, Dior please bring this one back!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by grayeyes043

This is my second dior highlighter and honestly I prefer this one of the amber diamond b/c it gives a nice copper/bronzy glow to my cheeks. Love this color. Great for people with tan, olive, dark skin tones. Yes, I would recommend this product and even though this product is a bit expensive it will last a long time b/c you don't need much on the face to get bronzed look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by temmi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is probabably my favorite highlighter and I own and love a lot of them. On my NC45 skin, this is utter perfection.I much prefer it to Amber Diamond. I am hunting for a backup because I never want to be without it. Its a copper bronze color and the shimmer is very fine, so it doesn't look OTT and magnify my pores. I absolutely love it, and if you can get your hands on one, do it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 6:48:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This highlighter/blush was part of the 2008 fall collection from Dior. It's an LE product. I'm so glad I got it. I decided to buy it since I absolutely love Rose Diamond (part of spring 2008 collection) which is a HG highlighting product for me. The shimmer particles are very finely milled making the shimmering effect very soft and subtle. It's definitely not over the top. I wear it on a daily basis, just to get that glow. I use a bronzer blush to apply the product. Honestly, this must be the best highlighting product on the market. I much prefer these pressed powder ones over liquid highlighters or luminizing sticks such as NARS multiples.

Copper Diamond is very beautiful. Almost as beautiful as Rose Diamond. It's a wonderful coppery bronze highlighter. Gives a slight tan effect with peachy shimmer. It can be used as on all-over face powder or as a blush. I prefer to use it as an all-over face powder. I apply it to the same areas where I apply bronzer when I wear it. The result is a glowy skin without looking like you're wearing much face makeup. Some highlighters I've tried previously can be a bit too much for everyday wear making them more suitable for parties/evening wear but these ones are oh so natural.

I'd defintely repurchase Copper Diamond if it was not LE. However, If I would only get to keep one of the two, I'd keep Rose Diamond since I think it's more flattering on my skin tone. The only downside with this product is the fact that it's rather pricey. But since I love it so much I think it's worth every penny! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 6:15:00 PM More reviews by kareygirl

This is a gorgeous light bronze highlighter. I applied in all the usual spots and then added fandango JC by Chanel on apples of my cheeks. It was divine. This was LE and I searched high and low for it and glad I did! Now, I'll be tempted to try the pink one as I believe the taupe will not do much for me since I've found the copper diamond!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 10:32:00 PM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LURRVVEEE this stuff. love it!!
My dior SA is the best. she knows exactly what works for me and what does not. She swore I would love copper diamond, and i have worn it daily since i bought it. Now i want the others ( amber and rose)...this is a coppery sheer shimmer powder that is very very finely milled. i use it as i would a bronzer. the sheerness of it makes perfect for me. this is another product i thought i did not want, and now i love it...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by mushymamma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, I am a complete geek for this. Had to go to three different stores to find it as everyone is sold out of it--and I can see why. This stuff is so pretty, I can't take it. Very subtle, soft, shimmering highlighter a la Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks only better. There are currently 3 colors in this product line: Rose Diamond (baby pink frost), Amber Diamond (soft gold frost) and now Copper Diamond (peachy tan shimmer). Of the three, I liked Copper Diamond on my skin because it was more subtle and didn't "pop" as much. The overall affect is one of healthy, glowy skin--"I've been outdoors recently and I had a great time. I am sooo healthy." Have been wearing it every day since I got it--which is huge considering I have two toddlers in the house and have *no* time for grooming whatsoever. A few swipes of this on the cheeks, temples and chin and I just feel better about the laundry/grocery shopping/potty training/dog walking, etc. Mostly just for fun (it's light so won't stand out like crazy), but I just don't care. It makes me happy, and you can't put a price on that, can you? Love!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No