September 17, 2014 | 1998 users online

Shampoo - Philip Kingsley - Moisture Balancing Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 4:31:00 AM More reviews by hannah1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really happy with this and the matching moisture balancing conditioner. I have long, fine, highlighted, tangley hair, which can be hard work! The shampoo and conditioner are really gentle, don't add build up and leave it feeling soft, silky and clean. Will continue to buy this range (I'm on my 3rd bottle), along with the Elastisizer. Its always a good idea to try smaller bottles first before splashing out, and Philip Kingsley does a travel kit containing mini bottles of this range. I should point out that this shampoo is not the best lather-er in the world, i think thats the case with all gentle shampoos.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2009 5:06:00 AM More reviews by joeyemma

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this shampoo as I have a BKT and this shampoo is sulfate and sodium chloride free. My hair is medium textured, slightly dry thanks to using hot irons on it. It used to be 2c curly until I had a BKT. I had been using PK No Colour No Scent, which I thought was a bit average, so thought I'd give this a go. It cost 13 for a 250ml bottle, which is quite expensive.

Packaging- I hate the caps on PK Shampoos. They are meant to be flip top but are really stiff. The packaging is a bit cheap looking for such an expensive shampoo.
Texture- Like a normal shampoo (No Colour No Scent is super thick).
Fragrance- This is a big downside. It smells like my late Grandpa. It has a spicey piney smell, a cross between aftershave and toilet cleaner. Once it is washed out you can't smell it, but still, I don't love it.
Lather- It has a relatively good amount of lather for a sulfate free shampoo. I feel like I can get a relatively small amount and then work it through my hair.
Cleaning ability- I think it cleans really well. My hair doesn't get the tangled matted feeling that some sulfate free shampoos do. I don't find it drying. It is relatively moisturising, but not overly so (this is perfect for me as I don't need tonnes of moisture).
Overall I like it is an ok shampoo, but I don't think I would repurchase as I don't think it is HG material and I am sure there is something better on the market for less expense.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by suz48167

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was at Harrod's and started to by a Fekkai product, but the saleswoman convinced me to try this line. I bought the travel kit with shampoo, conditioner and elasticizer. I have now ordered regular sizes from the NY store. I have dry, colored, frizzy hair and these products have transformed it!!!. Have never written a review, but these are well worth the money--and to be honest, I thought them reasonable compared to others I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by rpolisk

This may be too early to review as I just started to use this. bought the jet set pack which includes the elasticizer, shampoo and conditioner. I have coarse curly hair, very prone to frizz, I swim, AND I have highlights. A tall order for any shampoo. This shampoo smells like very fresh roses. It's a low sudsing type shampoo but left my hair feeling very soft and gently handled. I used the conditioner, and together they managed to make my hair soft and springy after a swim, no small feat. I'm considering buying a full bottle when this runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 9:18:00 AM More reviews by CrazyCat15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Fab shampoo and conditioner. I have fine curly hair,and this really helps tame my mad frizzy hair as it is very dry. Please use this long side the Elasticiser as that is great at stopping hair snapping when brushing! and frizz taming!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Clarabella3982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great shampoo for chemically treated hair. I have oily scalp and dry ends and I chemically perm my hair so this works fantastic for me. Best used with the Moisture Balancing Conditioner!