April 17, 2014 | 1934 users online

Lip Gloss - Fyrinnae - Lip Lustre - Romantique

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Layni1006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the lip lustres in Romantique and Ultra Phantom. I like that they aren't sticky, and the colors are very unique. I have to say that they are too slippery to use alone as a gloss; they streak and settle in lip lines. What I love about them though, is that I can put a dab on my finger and pat over other lip products to get a really cool effect. Romantique adds a rose-gold duochrome cast to whatever lip product I'm using. It looks shimmery but not frosty when used this way, and makes my lips look really full. Would definitely buy again, though since I only use a bit at a time, I might never need to!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I'm not in love with this. I really like so many other products from Fyrinnae that I had to give it a try.

It's moisturizing, has a buttery slip to it, and smells good with no flavor, but the color is weird. Streaky and gloppy.

I will try another shade before I make up my mind about Fyrinnae glosses. The jury is still out.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2010 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Jessmoberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

While I love the shimmery gold/pink of this color at a distance, up close it settles into all the cracks in my lips and makes them a lot more noticeable. The color would be fabulous if it was a little smoother but I likely won't be able to wear this on its own, as it emphasises every line and imperfection in your lip.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by downloadstone

It took me a little while to warm up to Romantique, since at first I thought the colour was WAY too pale for my NC30 skin. However, the trick with this lip lustre is to only apply the smallest dab to your lips and then blend it out, rather than applying it thickly and all over. That way, the gorgeous gold shimmer doesn't look too 80's frosty! Like all the other lip lustres I've tried, Romantique has a wonderful texture and great wear. The scent is really delicious too, and the colour payoff is excellent. Fyrinnae's lip lustres have become my go-to lip products. I vastly prefer the texture of them to any other brand, and the fact that they're dirt cheap at $2.50 for a 3.5ml tube is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by angelvivian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I might actually get hooked on these Lip Lustres. This particular color feels very buttery on my lips, and gives it a very nice frosty shine. Romantique is a gold-ish pink hue, which pretty much accentuated my lips and made it look really full and plump. The shimmer stays on for a good amount of time, fading slowly but nicely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2008 8:26:00 PM More reviews by sixxmum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In general, I am very very pleased with the new Lip Lustres from Fyrinnae. The texture is pleasing (not sticky or clumpy). They are not drying. They do "stain" the lips some with application (blot and reapply for more), so they have good lasting power for a gloss. Some of the scents are more pleasing to me than others (i.e. I don't like the lychee scent) but they aren't overwhelming and don't last long. Finally, the price is right! The $2.50 small tube would last for a significant number of uses and gives you a great opportunity to try many shades.

As for this particular shade, it's a warm peachy pink with some gold to it as well. If you like their Rapunzel Had Extensions eye shadow, this is the lip equivalent (in fact, I wore them together recently). Pictures below show the bottles, lips without color, and lips with color. While I really like this color in isolation, I'm quite pale with light eyes and it seemed to wash me out a little bit. I think it may be best suited to someone with darker skin or more vibrant eye color (but, heck, who am I to say?).

continued >>