October 20, 2014 | 1549 users online

Gels/Soaps - Neutrogena - Body Clear Body Wash - Pink Grapefruit

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

An effective acne body wash with saliclylic acid that does not overdry my skin or irritate it. I am prone to breakouts on chest and back and find this is effective in keeping acne at bay. I use this along with the Earth Therepeutics Exfoliating Towel for best results. I also use this on my face with great results.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by ams5174

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I suffer from hormonal body acne so I thought I'd try this. Ended up with a red rash all over my neck and chest (I'm sensitive there). After a day of using hydrocortisone creme it went away. Tried it again.... Same thing. I hate to waste products so I've been mixing a *very* small amt with another body wash... And it doesn't bother me. I just think the salicylic acid content at 2% might be a little high for those with sensitive skin... Luckily it's cheap enough that you can throw it out if it's terrible. (Or mix it like me... )

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by texasfinest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

This product is great for mild-moderate body acne. It has a medical ingredient called salicylic acid that will help prevent and remove acne, however! this is a not a good product just to quickly rub on your target area then leave! when you buy this also buy a loofa or a textured sponge to really exfoliate the area, spend like 10-15 mins just exfoliating, and you will see results much faster.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Bassiii

Product did not seem to help my shoulder acne, but it did not make it worse either. If anything, it did prevent other products like body lotions give me acne. It did dry my skin out a bit on other parts of my body like legs and stomach. It could also have worked better if used regularly every single day. Instead of re-buying, will try to look into body lotions that are non-comedogenic and with good for you ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Heath32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Being a product junkie, I've wandered away from this body wash to try something new, only to quickly regret it and come back to using this. I'm prone to mild breakouts on my chest, back, and upper arms, and this helps keep them at bay. It smells heavenly - fresh, delicious, tangy, and slightly sweet. No medicinal undertone at all. I don't even like real grapefruit, but this stuff - I wish it came in a lotion or perfume form! My skin is naturally dry, and this doesn't seem to exacerbate the issue; I just use moisturizer after I shower. I've been using this body wash for years now, and have no desire to switch.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by stargirl114

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on my third bottle of this product and I absolutely love it. It smells really good, especially for an acne product. I use it on my back and chest area every time I shower and combined with the body clear body spray also by Neutrogena my bacne has almost completely disappeared. I can tell that this makes a difference because when I stopped using it for two weeks while on a trip my body acne came back. Overall I love this and will continue to repurchase. .

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by NicxNicolee

As a teenager, I've dealt with many many many pimples. Pimples everywhere will pop out of no where. This year tons of pimples on my chest and a little bit of pimples on my back appeared. There were big red pimples and those small red pimples. I have used this before I was struck by a swarm of nasty pimples on my chest and I just remember that this really worked and it made my chest acne disappear in less than a week! So I decided to give it a try, once again.

I found this product at Target for $7 and it's 8.7 oz. And this is enough to last you for 3 whole months! And I mean it! 3 months! I've been using this since June and I use it everyday. Half a teaspoon can cover your entire back and chest if you add a little bit of water and lather it on. I never scrub because scrubbing can irritate your acne and it'll multiply (that's what happened to me the first time I used this) I usually let it sit on my chest and back for half a minute until I rinse it off. After 3 months, my chest and back is so freaking soft that it felt like a baby's butt! I used it for 3 months because I wanted my chest to be acne free all the time. So I recommend you to use it even though you don't have chest and back acne because Pimples come back! And I still have a little bit of the Body Wash left. This product really lasts a loooong time! I even bought another bottle :)
---------
#MY TIPS >>

*FOR FASTER RESULTS: What I do after I get out of the shower, if I still have small pimples on my chest & back, I put toothpaste on it. Toothpaste dries out pimples. Don't use the gel kind. Use the white kind because Gel toothpaste will burn you esp. on the face. (Don't even try to use Gel)

*GETTING RID OF ACNE SCARS: Mederma and Lemon Juice is the answer. Mederma is a scar gel that will get rid of acne scar or surgery scar. I tried this before and it made my Face and Chest Acne Scar disappear. But it'll take some time. Lemon Juice in the other hand, is a natural bleaching agent and it will make your scars fade away.
----
#THE 5 SENSES >>

*TOUCH: It has the consistency of honey but it's not sticky. There's beads in it too.

*SIGHT: Pink liquid with red beads in it. In the bottle it looks kind of Opaque but it's clear when you have some on your hands.

*TASTE: Don't even try to eat it.

*SMELL: It smells like grapefruit. The smell is so wonderful.

*HEARING: Very quiet.

----
#PROS:
- Smells Wonderful
- Works Like a Charm
- It will last you for 3 whole months
- Packaging is Good. (But it would've been Great if it was a pump. The bottle might slip out of my hands when I try to squeeze it)

#CONS:
-------None--------

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Zhanna41

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was surprised at how quickly this product worked for me. After the second use, my back ache was clearing up. My shoulders are so smooth now, I just wish the scars from the acne were gone too. Also, if you have sensitive skin around your lower back and thighs that break out from contact with rough materials such as jeans, I definitely recommend this. It's taking a little longer for it to clear up than my shoulders but I see much improvement.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by knc70

This cleanser is the only thing that will keep my moderate chest acne at bay. It gently cleanses without overdoing it. Makes the skin feel so fresh and clean. And the smell is amazing! I use it for my back as well. This didn't seem to work at first. For the first month, actually. But after time, it showed what it could do.This is just one of those products that takes time to see the amazing results. Don't give up on it! I almost did, and I am so glad that I continued the everyday use. It does such an amazing job.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by chrissyislame

I bought this still after reading the reviews on this site because I thought, "What the hell."
First off, it's about seven or so dollars where alas the regular body clear wash is only about five, not that bad, but still.
Second, the smell. Now I know it can't smell all that great, but this smells like dish soap.
Third, what is actually does or should I say doesn't do. I've been using this for over two or three weeks now and I have noticed more and more ache on my shoulders than usual. When I used the regular body clear wash, it worked really well, but this does not even do anything for me. The beads are pretty much useless as well.
Overall, I'm pretty upset that I took a chance on this product, but at least now I know.