Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash - Pink Grapefruit

3.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crisups (Carrageenan), Agar, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Polysorbate 20, ALumina, Butylene Glycol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Titanium DIoxide, Iron Oxides, Red 30 Lake, Red 40, Violet 2, Mica, Fragrance (963-181)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this product for quite a few years but now it's time to say goodbye to my last bottle.
I was using it because it was a body wash with salicylic acid, and I really liked the fruity smell. But I refuse to use any more products with plastic beads for environmental reasons, and the beads in this bodywash do absolutely nothing for me anyway. It is the body puff and salicylic acid that do the exfoliating.
I will try out the original body wash next time, the smell may not be as nice but it has no beads in it.

I actually bought the Walgreen's version of this, which is about $3-$4 less than the Neutrogena version. Mine doesn't say it is for the body, but it is. It works as well as any other body acne wash I've ever used, which is a pretty big deal, because I used to spend like $25 on a body acne wash, and this one works better. Smells nice too.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I dislike their acne wash and that goes for the grapefruit one as well but my teen wanted to try this one for the body.
It did not help any of the blemishes and in fact made them look more red and irritated.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used this when I ran out of a pricey dermatologist recommended benzoyl peroxide wash. I couldn't afford to stock up so I bought this to last me. I find it really does nothing. it doesn't help my body ache but it also doesn't break me out which is also a plus. it smells great and could easily be used for a daily body wash.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

My husband got this for his back during a sale. He chose the grapefruit one for the smell. At first it seemed to kind of help, but after he used it for about two months almost every day, it just doesn't seem to really help. Overall he still has some issues so it's like, what has it done? Pretty much noting. It's hard to review since there's not much to say. I don't think the ingredients are too different between the grapefruit and regular. I avoid propylene glycol so I wouldn't use it (breaks me out). I guess he's going to finish it but not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This body wash is amazeballs. I used to have some acne on my back and occasionally on my chest but this stuff almost completely got rid of it. I'm pretty sure my back acne came from the hair conditioner I use, which would run down my back in the shower. But now I wash my body with this just before rinsing my conditioner out and I'm positive that's what fixed the problem. I still get a pimple or two on my back every once in a while but its made an incredible difference. It doesn't dry out my skin at all. It lathers up nicely. It isn't expensive (in my books anyways). And it smells like legit grapefruit, which is awesome. Unless you have super sensitive skin that might dry out or get irritated, I would definitely recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the second time I've used this product -- the first time I just tried the normal, but since it's summer and the citrus scent excited me I thought I'd give this a try. I love it!! I'm prone to breakouts a lot in the winter because I play ringette and in the summer because sweat and my oily skin don't go well together. I also workout everyday and the regular sweating can really mess up my skin.

I use this generously every time I shower, specifically on my chest, shoulders, and all over my back. It makes my skin feel clean all day and I do see a consistent prevention/clearing-up of the acne on my body. I don't know if it's a miracle-worker but if you have body acne, this really does do a great job at drying up the blemishes (though it doesn't do a lot for my acne scars).

I have oily skin so it doesn't dry my skin out -- I moisturize regularly anyway. It has an amazing tangy, truly grapefruity smell that I personally LOVE. The regular version smells very bland and medicated and I'm not a huge fan (though it's definitely bearable in return for the results). This is also a nicer color and the bursting beads feel awesome. It's like a mini paradise spa treatment haha.

I will always purchase this as needed!! Recommended 100%.

I used this everyday generously on my arms and body for a week and there was already a huge difference for my body acne (especially on my arms, where it was really bad) using it consecutively daily for two weeks made a huge impact and now I use it often

This body wash is truly a life saver. I have breakouts on my chest and back and also get rashes and ingrown hairs when I shave and this body wash really helps with that. Really like the grapefruit scent as well, awesome for summer.

I actually love this bodywash. I wish it were cruelty-free, but obviously none of Neutrogena's products are. I was using Jason body products which are cruelty-free and have lots of natural ingredients, but unfortunately they also don't have any of the anti-acne ingredients in them that clearly my body/ skin requires. I don't have excessive skin problems on my body, just problem spots on my chest and back of shoulders that just doesn't seem to like to clear up. This has helped tremendously. I also enjoy the citrus fragrance of this product, the (surprisingly) thick texture, and the fact that a little goes a long way. I almost always dispense more than I need, but it's my fault, not a packaging error. All in all, I am pleased with this product and plan to continue purchasing: it smells nice, is effective, and is cheap. It does not currently overdry my skin, but winter is coming, so I may need to switch to something else for a few months. I will update once I know.