Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash - Pink Grapefruit

3.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crisups (Carrageenan), Agar, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Polysorbate 20, ALumina, Butylene Glycol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Titanium DIoxide, Iron Oxides, Red 30 Lake, Red 40, Violet 2, Mica, Fragrance (963-181)

on 8/6/2015 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

My husband got this for his back during a sale. He chose the grapefruit one for the smell. At first it seemed to kind of help, but after he used it for about two months almost every day, it just doesn't seem to really help. Overall he still has some issues so it's like, what has it done? Pretty much noting. It's hard to review since there's not much to say. I don't think the ingredients are too different between the grapefruit and regular. I avoid propylene glycol so I wouldn't use it (breaks me out). I guess he's going to finish it but not repurchase.

on 7/15/2015 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This body wash is amazeballs. I used to have some acne on my back and occasionally on my chest but this stuff almost completely got rid of it. I'm pretty sure my back acne came from the hair conditioner I use, which would run down my back in the shower. But now I wash my body with this just before rinsing my conditioner out and I'm positive that's what fixed the problem. I still get a pimple or two on my back every once in a while but its made an incredible difference. It doesn't dry out my skin at all. It lathers up nicely. It isn't expensive (in my books anyways). And it smells like legit grapefruit, which is awesome. Unless you have super sensitive skin that might dry out or get irritated, I would definitely recommend.

on 7/15/2015 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the second time I've used this product -- the first time I just tried the normal, but since it's summer and the citrus scent excited me I thought I'd give this a try. I love it!! I'm prone to breakouts a lot in the winter because I play ringette and in the summer because sweat and my oily skin don't go well together. I also workout everyday and the regular sweating can really mess up my skin.

I use this generously every time I shower, specifically on my chest, shoulders, and all over my back. It makes my skin feel clean all day and I do see a consistent prevention/clearing-up of the acne on my body. I don't know if it's a miracle-worker but if you have body acne, this really does do a great job at drying up the blemishes (though it doesn't do a lot for my acne scars).

I have oily skin so it doesn't dry my skin out -- I moisturize regularly anyway. It has an amazing tangy, truly grapefruity smell that I personally LOVE. The regular version smells very bland and medicated and I'm not a huge fan (though it's definitely bearable in return for the results). This is also a nicer color and the bursting beads feel awesome. It's like a mini paradise spa treatment haha.

I will always purchase this as needed!! Recommended 100%.

I used this everyday generously on my arms and body for a week and there was already a huge difference for my body acne (especially on my arms, where it was really bad) using it consecutively daily for two weeks made a huge impact and now I use it often

This body wash is truly a life saver. I have breakouts on my chest and back and also get rashes and ingrown hairs when I shave and this body wash really helps with that. Really like the grapefruit scent as well, awesome for summer.

on 10/23/2014 4:16:00 PM

I actually love this bodywash. I wish it were cruelty-free, but obviously none of Neutrogena's products are. I was using Jason body products which are cruelty-free and have lots of natural ingredients, but unfortunately they also don't have any of the anti-acne ingredients in them that clearly my body/ skin requires. I don't have excessive skin problems on my body, just problem spots on my chest and back of shoulders that just doesn't seem to like to clear up. This has helped tremendously. I also enjoy the citrus fragrance of this product, the (surprisingly) thick texture, and the fact that a little goes a long way. I almost always dispense more than I need, but it's my fault, not a packaging error. All in all, I am pleased with this product and plan to continue purchasing: it smells nice, is effective, and is cheap. It does not currently overdry my skin, but winter is coming, so I may need to switch to something else for a few months. I will update once I know.

on 10/10/2014 12:59:00 PM

An acne body wash with saliclylic acid that has a grapefruit scent to it. At first, it seemed beneficial but began to leave my skin feeling dry. Over the course of one bottle of wash, this product never seemed to really give me long lasting results. Glycolic acid prodcucts work best for me to treat breakouts on my chest.

on 2/16/2014 8:56:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I suffer from hormonal body acne so I thought I'd try this. Ended up with a red rash all over my neck and chest (I'm sensitive there). After a day of using hydrocortisone creme it went away. Tried it again.... Same thing. I hate to waste products so I've been mixing a *very* small amt with another body wash... And it doesn't bother me. I just think the salicylic acid content at 2% might be a little high for those with sensitive skin... Luckily it's cheap enough that you can throw it out if it's terrible. (Or mix it like me... )

on 1/25/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This product is great for mild-moderate body acne. It has a medical ingredient called salicylic acid that will help prevent and remove acne, however! this is a not a good product just to quickly rub on your target area then leave! when you buy this also buy a loofa or a textured sponge to really exfoliate the area, spend like 10-15 mins just exfoliating, and you will see results much faster.

on 12/26/2013 8:41:00 PM

Product did not seem to help my shoulder acne, but it did not make it worse either. If anything, it did prevent other products like body lotions give me acne. It did dry my skin out a bit on other parts of my body like legs and stomach. It could also have worked better if used regularly every single day. Instead of re-buying, will try to look into body lotions that are non-comedogenic and with good for you ingredients.