Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash - Pink Grapefruit

3.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crisups (Carrageenan), Agar, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Polysorbate 20, ALumina, Butylene Glycol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Titanium DIoxide, Iron Oxides, Red 30 Lake, Red 40, Violet 2, Mica, Fragrance (963-181)

I used this everyday generously on my arms and body for a week and there was already a huge difference for my body acne (especially on my arms, where it was really bad) using it consecutively daily for two weeks made a huge impact and now I use it often

This body wash is truly a life saver. I have breakouts on my chest and back and also get rashes and ingrown hairs when I shave and this body wash really helps with that. Really like the grapefruit scent as well, awesome for summer.

on 10/23/2014 4:16:00 PM

I actually love this bodywash. I wish it were cruelty-free, but obviously none of Neutrogena's products are. I was using Jason body products which are cruelty-free and have lots of natural ingredients, but unfortunately they also don't have any of the anti-acne ingredients in them that clearly my body/ skin requires. I don't have excessive skin problems on my body, just problem spots on my chest and back of shoulders that just doesn't seem to like to clear up. This has helped tremendously. I also enjoy the citrus fragrance of this product, the (surprisingly) thick texture, and the fact that a little goes a long way. I almost always dispense more than I need, but it's my fault, not a packaging error. All in all, I am pleased with this product and plan to continue purchasing: it smells nice, is effective, and is cheap. It does not currently overdry my skin, but winter is coming, so I may need to switch to something else for a few months. I will update once I know.

on 10/10/2014 12:59:00 PM

An effective acne body wash with saliclylic acid that does not overdry my skin or irritate it. I am prone to breakouts on chest and back and find this is effective in keeping acne at bay. I use this along with the Earth Therepeutics Exfoliating Towel for best results. I also use this on my face with great results.

on 2/16/2014 8:56:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I suffer from hormonal body acne so I thought I'd try this. Ended up with a red rash all over my neck and chest (I'm sensitive there). After a day of using hydrocortisone creme it went away. Tried it again.... Same thing. I hate to waste products so I've been mixing a *very* small amt with another body wash... And it doesn't bother me. I just think the salicylic acid content at 2% might be a little high for those with sensitive skin... Luckily it's cheap enough that you can throw it out if it's terrible. (Or mix it like me... )

on 1/25/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This product is great for mild-moderate body acne. It has a medical ingredient called salicylic acid that will help prevent and remove acne, however! this is a not a good product just to quickly rub on your target area then leave! when you buy this also buy a loofa or a textured sponge to really exfoliate the area, spend like 10-15 mins just exfoliating, and you will see results much faster.

on 12/26/2013 8:41:00 PM

Product did not seem to help my shoulder acne, but it did not make it worse either. If anything, it did prevent other products like body lotions give me acne. It did dry my skin out a bit on other parts of my body like legs and stomach. It could also have worked better if used regularly every single day. Instead of re-buying, will try to look into body lotions that are non-comedogenic and with good for you ingredients.

on 11/21/2013 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Being a product junkie, I've wandered away from this body wash to try something new, only to quickly regret it and come back to using this. I'm prone to mild breakouts on my chest, back, and upper arms, and this helps keep them at bay. It smells heavenly - fresh, delicious, tangy, and slightly sweet. No medicinal undertone at all. I don't even like real grapefruit, but this stuff - I wish it came in a lotion or perfume form! My skin is naturally dry, and this doesn't seem to exacerbate the issue; I just use moisturizer after I shower. I've been using this body wash for years now, and have no desire to switch.

on 8/16/2013 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am on my third bottle of this product and I absolutely love it. It smells really good, especially for an acne product. I use it on my back and chest area every time I shower and combined with the body clear body spray also by Neutrogena my bacne has almost completely disappeared. I can tell that this makes a difference because when I stopped using it for two weeks while on a trip my body acne came back. Overall I love this and will continue to repurchase. .

on 8/16/2013 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

As a teenager, I've dealt with many many many pimples. Pimples everywhere will pop out of no where. This year tons of pimples on my chest and a little bit of pimples on my back appeared. There were big red pimples and those small red pimples. I have used this before I was struck by a swarm of nasty pimples on my chest and I just remember that this really worked and it made my chest acne disappear in less than a week! So I decided to give it a try, once again.

I found this product at Target for $7 and it's 8.7 oz. And this is enough to last you for 3 whole months! And I mean it! 3 months! I've been using this since June and I use it everyday. Half a teaspoon can cover your entire back and chest if you add a little bit of water and lather it on. I never scrub because scrubbing can irritate your acne and it'll multiply (that's what happened to me the first time I used this) I usually let it sit on my chest and back for half a minute until I rinse it off. After 3 months, my chest and back is so freaking soft that it felt like a baby's butt! I used it for 3 months because I wanted my chest to be acne free all the time. So I recommend you to use it even though you don't have chest and back acne because Pimples come back! And I still have a little bit of the Body Wash left. This product really lasts a loooong time! I even bought another bottle :)
---------
#MY TIPS >>

*FOR FASTER RESULTS: What I do after I get out of the shower, if I still have small pimples on my chest & back, I put toothpaste on it. Toothpaste dries out pimples. Don't use the gel kind. Use the white kind because Gel toothpaste will burn you esp. on the face. (Don't even try to use Gel)

*GETTING RID OF ACNE SCARS: Mederma and Lemon Juice is the answer. Mederma is a scar gel that will get rid of acne scar or surgery scar. I tried this before and it made my Face and Chest Acne Scar disappear. But it'll take some time. Lemon Juice in the other hand, is a natural bleaching agent and it will make your scars fade away.
----
#THE 5 SENSES >>

*TOUCH: It has the consistency of honey but it's not sticky. There's beads in it too.

*SIGHT: Pink liquid with red beads in it. In the bottle it looks kind of Opaque but it's clear when you have some on your hands.

*TASTE: Don't even try to eat it.

*SMELL: It smells like grapefruit. The smell is so wonderful.

*HEARING: Very quiet.

----
#PROS:
- Smells Wonderful
- Works Like a Charm
- It will last you for 3 whole months
- Packaging is Good. (But it would've been Great if it was a pump. The bottle might slip out of my hands when I try to squeeze it)

#CONS: