Sephora Sephora by OPI Metro Chic

on 9/17/2014 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Metro Chic is a staple for the cooler months. A guy once said it looked like bruises on my fingers, but really, what does he know?! A nice shade of dusty purple-gray. One coat is a little sheer and streaky, but two will do.

on 1/13/2014 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is such a gorgeous purple, gray color - perfect for the winter months.

I actually have this color on my nails as we speak and I am loving it! It is "chic" as the name perceives it to be. The application was so smooth and it dried in no time. I did have to put on about four coats to achieve the opaque color (hence the four lippies).

The best part? I only payed $1.50 for this nail polish! I was at Big Lot's and they had four different colors (which I quickly grabbed up and put into my cart), they were all so lovely. I am a big fan of OPI, so I figured these would be great as well...and they were!

I absolutely love this polish and will be on the lookout for more!

on 8/5/2013 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yikes. Sheer, sheer, sheer - which I wouldn't mind for a nude or pink color, but not for something this dark. Took 3-4 coats for the color to reach desired opacity, and it chipped within 3 days even with a coat of Seche Vite on top. I'd go with Rimmel Steel Grey if you really want something similar to this color. It chips fairly quickly as well, but at least the formula's more opaque, and it's cheaper to boot.

on 10/10/2012 2:33:00 PM

I really enjoy this colour for cooler months. It's a great purply taupe. Unfortunately I had to toss it this fall because it got really thick and gloopy and would not thin out with polish thinner. I've replaced it with OPI's Berlin There Done that from the Germany collection. Not exactly the same, but close enough for me.

on 11/12/2011 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's a little sheer and streaky and three coats later it is barely opaque. Then, even though I was careful to apply three thin coats, it took forever to dry. Painted my nails at 19:30. Went to bed at 00:30. Woke up the following day with sheet prints on every nail. Started chipping two days later. It loses two lippies for all these things and cost. The actual shade? I love it. It looks grey, purple, and taupe all at once. I was heartbroken when my beloved Revlon Street Wear polish in Schmutz vanished from the market. Metro Chic is my new Schmutz until I find a better and less spendy dupe.

on 10/28/2011 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful color that I've been meaning to add to my collection for quite some time. I was excited to order it from Sephora but disappointed when I opened the box today and realized.....Metro Chic is an EXACT dupe of the color that I already have on my nails: China Glaze Below Deck. Too bad! For the price and quality of the polish I prefer CG as it has worn like iron on my nails. MC will sadly be returned.

on 10/18/2011 7:09:00 PM

The color is really interesting, almost comparable to Chanel's Paradoxal. Though, I like OPI's formulas a lot better than Chanel's anyway.
It's a very cool purpley-slate color. Very winterish. awesome

This is a deep smoky purple. This color is really cool and well chic. I found this formula to be thicker which at first application makes it more difficult to apply then other $OPI but it evens out after a few coats

on 10/6/2011 11:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got this when it was first released, and I was kinda underwhelmed. I just thought it didn't look very good on my skin tone or something? I don't even know. A few years later I busted it out and tried it again and fell in love. How did I not see it before? This color is perfect. It's sophisticated but still kinda edgy and cool. I have an overwhelming collection of nail colors, and this is all I've been wearing for about a month now, alternating with OPI's You Don't Know Jacques! (Which is similar, but has more brown than purple)

on 6/18/2011 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

This is a beautiful color!! Definitely opaque after 2 coats. This color is a great go-to color and it works for practically any occasion, especially nice for an interview. Just an all-around reliable color. I would repurchase.

Popular Polishes