April 19, 2014 | 1945 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Undercover Pot

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by babysinclair24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product at Sephora two and a half years ago as it was part of the "Flawless Face" kit. I currently use the Bobbi Brown corrector with the Bobbi Brown concealer kit because I am a total sucker and bought all of the products used on my face during a bridal makeup lesson at the Bobbi Brown counter in the name of my wedding day.

I am not one to skimp on face products if my budget allows for it. Again, I acquired this particular product because it was included in a kit, but a quick google search shows a $34 price tag on its own. This may seem like a steep price tag for a concealer, but I am going to put it into perspective. This is three products in one: the Secret Camouflage (which corrects the color in the undereye area before applying the concealer), the Secret Concealer, and the Translusent Setting Powder. Comparable Bobbi Brown products ring in at a total of $57 - almost double! Now, I am sure that there is more product in the BB ones, but still, it's crazy to spend that much at once for just one aspect of face makeup. Really, this says a lot more about my state of mind while planning my wedding than anything else.

The packaging has a chic, minimalist design, similar to that of a Bobbi Brown product. It's kinda nifty because it's a pot, at you open it and there's the camouflage on one side and the concealer on the other. Then, you unscrew the bottom of the pot and there's the setting powder. Very secret agent-like. I like that all three products are in the same small container, because it saves space in my makeup bag. I did break the package, though - I don't remember how but I know my clumsiness is to blame for that. And unfortunately, there wasn't much I could do to save it. I think I ended up wrapping it in a plastic sandwich bag or something, but it ended up being a mess.

The formula is creamy and moisturizing, which I love. It goes on smooth, and the setting powder is very light while doing its job. It doesn't look like I am wearing any product at all, even up close. I definitely prefer this to the Bobbi Brown products, which seem to cake up. I have neutral-to-warm, olive skin that would be considered "light" to "medium" depending on the time of year, and I wore NC-2.

After I broke the compact, I held onto it for awhile, but ended up tossing it after I got LASIK last spring since I was advised to get all new eye makeup. If it wasn't such a broken mess at that time I probably would have cheated and kept it to wear after I was out of the woods with the operation a few months later. Because I was low on funds, I ended up replacing it with something cheap from the drugstore until that fateful trip to the Bobbi Brown counter. I really wish I had stuck with this product and definitely plan on repurchasing it in the future. For now, I am using the Bobbi Brown kit but I don't think I'll have the patience to use it up.

I give this product a 5 - it is a good value for three products in one, it's high quality, and it has flawless results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't repurchase this for myself, but it is fab on other people! Will keep around to use on my clients.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by svendira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

*Got the small/travel size, did not come with the powder so I won't comment on the powder*

Urgh here we go again me being party pooper. hate that this doesn't work for me.

The concealer glides perfectly when applied, also leaving a brightened and well moisturized appearance for under eye, but sadly, this pretty view only lasts for an hour for me. It will always end up slipping, creasing and cracking no matter how I prepped my skin. I have uneven texture and oily undereye with dark circles (what a bad news), and while this concealer could cover things without me piling too much, I just can't seem to make it stay put. I tried to combine the concealer and the camouflage - which is drier, but it didn't improve much.

On the other side, the camouflage seems to work well to hide things, but it is too dry and I feel like dragging it too hard to make sure it is applied well. To make this work I use this on parts where it gets oily faster, like side of the nose. This works well and lasts well, too.

I like the color, seems neutral to me. Mine is UC-3 and works with my NC35 skin, it runs slightly lighter but will give a nice brightening effect.

I am not saying this is a bad product. Pigmentation is superb, color is neutral, does not feel heavy on skin, easy too remove, does not clog pores and causes break out, but for me, too much effort to make this work, so no repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It had been my HG concealer for a long time until I got tired of the fact that it's so hard to buy. I haven't found any LM counter in any of the cities I've lived, so I always had to purchase LM products online. The shades of the products always turned out not the right shade I thought they were, and with LM's high price and expansive international shipping fee, I seriously wasted a lot of money on trying out LM products.

Back to the product, although it's pricy, it contains corrector, concealer and setting powder, so there're three products all in one. The corrector is very creamy, does a great job on correcting my dark circles and smoothing out the fine lines. The concealer is dryer so I wouldn't use it on the eye area (although you suppose to use it on top of the corrector), It is still great for covering dark spots and pimples on my face. I had the LM translucent powder so never found a good use of the loose powder in the bottom container unless I was traveling. The powder is also very light by the way. Although it's a great product, you only get a very small amount of product in one container and it turns to run out very fast. Like I said before, it's impossible for me to buy it from the counter, and I'm just sick to pay the extra for the shipping cost when the product itself is already so expansive. I'm still looking for my HG concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Stamina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For the price, I was disappointed with the UnderCover pot. As far as the concealer itself, I was fairly pleased with the product ONCE it was on my face. It covered well and had decent staying power once set. However, I found everything from the packaging to application did not meet my expectations.

Packaging: The two concealers constantly fell out of the pot. I had to pick them up off the dirty floor on several occasions. If it functioned properly, the design with the concealer trays on top and setting powder bottom would be brilliant. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

Application: I agree with the other reviewers that this product is quite dry, both on my face and in the container. It was a struggle to get it on my finger and it would only transfer to my under eye and blend once it had warmed up a lot. If I held my finger in the pot to warm it, it would stick and pull the whole tray of product out...every time. Using a brush was even less effective for me.

Product: The pot is smaller than I expected it to be. You don't get much of each product, and I don't expect it to last long at all with daily use.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Gunmetal21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm returning this product as soon as I get the chance. Maybe I got a bad one, but honestly one side is VERY oily and I find it slips off at the first chance it gets, plus it really accentuates my milia under my eye. The other half is almost rock hard and I can barely use it.

I was mostly keeping it for the LM powder underneath, but really I should just invest in a proper size and get my money back for this product. It didn't really conceal most of my problem issues and was difficult to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by vanessaheyyy

Good: The undereye concealer has excellent coverage, has a good texture and blends easily, and matched my fair skin perfectly. It looks pretty close to natural skin without any powder, and still pretty decent when set with the powder that comes with the pot. The lady at sephora assured me the concealer would not settle into the fine lines around my eyes, but it does both with and without the powder. It's not that bad though, certainly better than a lot of concealers. It does a pretty decent job of lasting thoughout the day, and covers my dark blue circles almost completely, which many concealers fail to do. So it's a really good concealer. I also really like the powder that comes with it. It is a good setting powder when you use a light hand, and I use it on my t-zone as well.

Bad: The only reason the undercover pot gets 4 out of 5 stars is because I was not impressed with the concealer for the face. The best part about it is that it has excellent coverage. Other than that the texture is way too dry and hard to work with. It also has a more noticeable texture on the skin than the creamier concealer, though not as bad as a lot of others. Also, it is too light on my skin and because it is also hard to blend, sometimes I end up highlighting any red spots I had instead of making them disappear. I have to be very careful with my application in other words. Because of its drier formula, it might work well with skin types that are more oily than mine though.

Bottom Line: Don't get me wrong, this is a really good concealer! Much better than most of the ones I've tried. But I would not purchase it again. I would either go for a different brand like Bobbi Brown, or I would purchase the creamier Laura Mercier concealer by itself.

My Application: I use a concealer brush and let the concealer sit on my skin to melt a little before I blend it with the brush. When covering spots on my face, I take a tiny bit of the creamy formula on my brush and mix it into the drier formula to make it a little easier and match my skin better. I usually do under my eyes first, then anything on my face, then I go back and make sure I don't have a lot of concealer settled into the fine lines around my eyes. If there is any, I just smudge it a little with my ring finger. Then I set everything sparingly with the powder using a small fluffy brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirl25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was introduced to this product when I was at Sephora for my "Flawless Face" makeover. I would have never considered this for concealing. I am a medium tan all year and level 4 (darkest) is perfect. Left side goes on first to the under eye area. I love the Sephora PRO Concealer Airbrush brush. After my LM TM, I use the right side for blemishes and to set the under eye. Finally I take a fluffy concealer brush with the setting powder and ROLL it side to side under my eye. This keeps the second concealer from moving. The right side is def softer than the first...therefore a little goes a long way. Looks great all day. Must have.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by goldenpeach86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am one of the many who got this concealer with the flawless face kit at sephora.I have the #2 pot which is a great match for me.Im a nc25 at Mac.The pot has two concealers and loose powder.I don't really use the powder.I tried under my eyes but it just looks cakey as do most powders I use under my eyes(maybe my application method is just bad)I sometimes use a light dusting over oily spots and no problems there.Now for the concealer: theres 2.A creamy pinkish one and a solid yellow.The creamy one I used for under the eyes and I got to say I don't like it.It doesn't cover my dark circles well and it just seems to slide off.However its ok as a eyeshadow primer.The solid yellow concealer is the one I love and is why I'll repurchase.The texture is hard but the concealer brush that comes in the kit is perfect for it.I apply on zits and wherever there's redness like around my nose.It covers excellently and blends beautifully with my skin.I also use it under my eyes as a corrector when my circles are more red.Also when applied to the eyelids it hids the tired red look.So I may not be crazy about the creamy concealer but the solid makes up for it.The best I found for zit and redness coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by kathhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in the Flawless Face kit from Sephora. I really like the concealer and have used it all up as there isn't a lot in there. I liked this for under the eyes and used the small brush it came with to apply it and then blended it out with my ring finger or my Mac 217 brush. It did crease in the lines under my eyes though, so it's a must to set this with a powder over the top, I preferred the translucent powder for this. I haven't used the secret camouflage very much as I just feel it doesn't work well for me. The translucent powder is good, though it's small so it can be hard to use a powder brush to pick up the product. The translucent powder tends to spill a bit when you unscrew the top, but I guess that is inevitable with a loose powder. It's a good product as you get 3-in-1 and can see if you like them before considering a full-size purchase. I will probably purchase the secret concealer after finishing up by current Bobbi Brown corrector, as I think it's a good concealer for under the eyes. I wouldn't repurchase this product but would purchase the concealer or loose powder separately.