September 16, 2014 | 1205 users online

Lip Gloss - Smashbox - Lip Enhancing Gloss - Fame

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by curlycosmetics

This lip gloss is a beautiful color! I like how it looks on my fair skin. It's not over the top. It's wearable and moisturizing. A creamy berry color. It lasts pretty long. It's consistency is sticky, which I don't mind. I recommend giving it a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Annabells117

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I feel compelled to review this product bc I see reviews I consider inaccurate. It leads me to think they just saw the item & haven't used it.

Fame is 1 of my fave glosses. It's not too sticky & actually moisturizing, which is a big part of why I repurchase it.

Also- the color is the perfect pop of cool-toned pink. It's just cool enough to make your teeth look whiter. Yet it's still natural enough to wear in an office environment. It's NOT super pigmented and opaque like some of the reviews state. I find it very wearable- less opaque than some MAC glosses.

I'm about NC 20 with warm yellow skin, blonde hair & blue eyes. My lips are fair. Maybe if this color is darker on others, it's bc their natural lip shade is darker.

A big plus for me is the consistency. It's not gloppy or gooey. It's not overly shiny & doesn't give a vinyl or "wet" look. It's smooth.

I hate the feeling of gloss on- lips glued together, hair sticking if the wind blows, that heavy, messy feeling on the mouth. I like glosses that I'm able to forget about when I'm wearing them. Fame is like that. Of course if you gunk layers of it on, I'm sure it would get messy at some point. But you don't need to, bc it has a nice color payoff with a very thin layer of product.

Yes it's expensive, but you don't need to use much so it'll last awhile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by leenie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just tried this gloss. I love pinks like this, and it is a great quality product with nice stay power. I would describe the shade as a deep fuchsia.. It is not as bold of a color as it sounds though---it stands out without being "too much." The consistency is excellent, and it is not drying at all. It definitely enhances the lips. I would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by ferretmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This gloss was free....I normally would not give a color like this a second look as I am a pale redhead with blue-green eyes,NC15. I tried it and was pleasantly surprised at how it complements my face! It does not turn the dreaded fuschia either. Not too sticky,goes on smoothly,no discernable taste/smell,and wears off at the normal pace. Lots of shine and color payoff too. I would buy this again as it's a nice change from my normal peachy/brown/tan lip products.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Joanna09

I love this colour. It is so pretty. It especially looks good with a pink shirt. These are expensive, but they really add moisture. The colour lasts a long time. This is my fifth Smashbox lipgloss. I sometimes try others, but I always go back to this one. This one and the one with SPF are just great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

This is my fourth Smashbox lipgloss. I am always on the search for the best and these are that! I am amazed at how much people slam this company. I have found most of their products to be superior. And I know Lipgloss. I must have around 95 in my drawer that I don't use. This is my second Lip Enhancing and I have bought the SPF glosses as well. Funny, I don't find this colour all that bright. It is a pretty pink which is easy to apply even without a mirror.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by tootswoots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I fell in love with this color when i put it on my hand at Sephora but frankly it's not a color that looks great on me.. I bought it anyways and I've used it a few times. Now it lives at my office and I use it for 'office gloss' meaning, "i need something on my lips but don't really care about it." The texture is fine but the taste is not great. would repurchase another Smashbox gloss to see other colors though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great spring/summer lipgloss! It's a beautiful pink, bright, vibrant, but not vulgar, and has a decent amount of shimmer in it, but doesn't look glittery. I got a sample size of it and am using it up quickly. It's definitely a seasonal item, it would look out of place with an autumn or winter wardrobe, but it has sizzle for the warmer seasons. It feels less sticky than lipglass, and has moderate staying power. I reapply every two or three hours, more if I'm eating or drinking.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a small tube of this gloss in an Ulta Smashbox set. I love the color, it is a beautiful, silvery, shimmery pink. The gloss does have a lot of pigment and isn't really sheer - so I apply it sparingly and with a mirror. I'm fair-skinned with red hair, freckles, and brown eyes, so definitely not cool-toned - but this color looks great on me so long as I'm careful with it. The texture of the gloss is somewhat thick, but not sticky. Staying power is okay - it rubs off when you eat or drink, like every other gloss out there. Overall I'm pretty happy with this and I'd probably repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Miluiel

I have to say, I am NOT impressed with this gloss. Maybe I'm just more into shimmery, sheer lip products, but this gloss is just gross in my opinion. It's too thick and too heavily pigmented for me (I wear Fairly Light in BE & EM). I can understand liking pigmented or thick glosses, but this seriously made me think of the really cheap glosses I used to buy at the dollar store when I was in middle school... NOT flattering and kind of disgusting to use. Thankfully I didn't buy a full size... this was just a mini in the Ulta Beauty Basics doorbuster. I won't be trying this again.