October 21, 2014 | 1269 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Waikiki Strip

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by OrangeMintPop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is very similar to the new formula called Warm Nude that Physician Formula came out with a few months ago. Like everyone said this is a multi-use product that you can use as a blush, bronzer, eyeshadow, highlighter. The Waikiki strip has a peachy tone just like warm nude that came out this year 2014. You can see a comparison video that I made on both of these formulas and swatches on my youtube channel.

I brought this years ago as it was supposed to be a dupe for Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks. It has a similar appearance but I never tried the BB shimmer bricks so I cant tell you if it's a dupe or not.

The problem with waikiki strip is that the formula is very hard and it takes many brush strokes before I can pick up the product. But the results are nice. It is shimmery but not glittery and I use it as a blush, bronzer, and highlighter. I do prefer warm nude because of how soft and easy it is for my brush to pick up the product. Here's my video review.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great multitasking product. I brought this on vacation with me, and so far I've used it as a blush, bronzer, highlight, and eyeshadow, and this product has worked fabulously for all of those purposes. The pigmentation of these is great, and they last really well for me.

As a blush, I mix my brush (Ecotools blush) through the entire pan, but focusing on the middle colors. It gives me a warm glow while giving me some color.

As a highlight, I take a stippling brush through the top three colors to create a champagne highlight.

As a bronzer, I take my bronzer blush (ELF Complexion) and swirl it through the bottom two colors. Even though it's shimmery, it stills gives me a really bronzey glow that's flattering on my NC35 skin.

There's not that much to say about this product, except that it's definitely becoming a staple! The only flaw is the slightly bulky packaging, but I don't really mind it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by manamana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product, it is my HG bronzer! I initially picked this up to use as an eye-shadow (I did not wear blush/bronzer at the time). Then one random day I decided to give this a go as a bronzer and loved how it made me glow. It is perfect! I just sweep my brush mostly through the bottom three shade and light dust my cheeks (also slightly contouring them, nothing drastic) and it looks great.
This is shimmery, so I can understand a lot of people not preferring this. But I think if you have warm undertones and a medium to dark complexion you can completely pull this off.
it's also great for a summery, bronzey/glamorous eye-look. I honestly rarely ever use it as a eye-shadow anymore, but love love love it. I am on my second one and although this is rather pricey for drugstore- it lasts a long time and is well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by azngirl7979

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this for the longest time for some reason, but once I started using it just on the tops of my cheekbones and down the center of my nose, I fell in love! this gives me the best glow ever. Although I do think it is expensive for a drugstore product, its a much better deal than high end bronzer/highlighters. Plus you can totally use them as eyeshadows so it was worth every penny.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by thespeedytomato

Physician's formula is rather expensive for a drugstore brand, but I've found success with their products in the past, so I gave this one a go. It's not a great bronzer. Using it as over large areas of the face makes everything glittery and cheap-looking. I think the majority of the problem stems from having more shimmer than pigment. I occasionally end up using the lighter shades as highlighter over the tops of my cheekbones, mostly for evening makeup (again, I find it too shimmery to wear all the time.)

It makes a nice eyeshadow pallet, which is what I use for more than anything else. The shimmer draws attention to the eyes, which is nice. Still, for a high-shimmer, neutral eye pallet, it's pricey and sometimes tricky to use. Other brands have better options that look more sophisticated and pretty. Basically, this product is just a tad too expensive for a cheap shimmery drugstore eye pallet.

The packaging is sturdy, which I like, but a pain the butt to open, which I don't like so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by missleahchristine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use an angled blush brush and sweep it across the strips and onto my cheeks. Literally a contour, blush, and highlight all in one! I love the shimmer too. Gives you a great glow with a peachy and bronze color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by missashley884

Love this bronzer! One sweep and I get a nice bronze color and a highlight! The packaging is weird, as its hard to open sometimes. I love applying this with a kabuki brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by asholl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not loving this as a bronzer. It does not show up very well, and is shimmery on top of that. A couple reviews mentioned using it as blush or eyeshadow, which I think would work a lot better. I am still on the search for a bronzer I like.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by puffybubblezz

LOVE this as a blush. It gives me a pinkish glow (even though it's for a peachy glow?). I swirl a small blush brush in the compact then tap it onto my cheeks and use a bigger brush to blend it out. I don't notice any shimmer, and it doesn't make me look oily. (Which is amazing, since I am pretty oily) Looks great and lasts all day if I don't keep touching my cheeks.

You really need just a tiny bit. The first time I used this, I put too much on and it made me look really dirty.

I won't comment on use as eyeshadow or bronzer, because I never tried either out for a full day.

I knocked off one point for the weird coating they put on this. At first I thought this was unpigmented, but then I realized you got to dig your brush in a little. Break past the first layer. This makes the compact messy, and powder collects on the sides of the pan, but I don't mind it.

*Also, the compact is weirdly hard to open but at least it closes securely.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm really not happy with this. The formulation is a bit hard, and takes a lot of swirls to get the color I want. It's not as smooth and silky as I want it to be. There is no comparison to higher end shimmer blocks by bobbi brown or laura mercier. I guess, you get what you pay for. I definitely won't be repurchasing.