April 19, 2014 | 1305 users online

Styling Products - Mixed Chicks - Leave in Conditioner/ Styling Lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by tootswoots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this conditioner for about half the bottle. I'm not wowed by it. I really like the deep conditioner from Mixed Chicks. I bought this one cause they didn't have the deep conditioner and i thought it may work.. My hair is pretty coarse and curly. Leave in conditioner as a 'styling product' did not work very well. Just made it poofier than I like. I usually use a paste/cream curl product to weigh it down so it's not so voluminous.. For this product I usually wash most of it out and then put in my curl cream as it would be TOO much product in my hair otherwise... I'll probly buy the deep conditioner again and use this for detangling when necessary. It works very well for that purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Cydney7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AWESOME! Love it! Adds a lot of definitely to my curls and no frizz- a must have for curly-girls!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 7:38:00 AM More reviews by EllenPeters

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very curly hair. This product gives excellent hold and keeps the frizzies away all while still feeling soft and natural. I'm on my third bottle and will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Firefly80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My daughter has naturally loose curly hair. When her hair is long her curls show through, unfortunately her hair is usually frizzy and makes her look like an 11 year old cave girl. I bought this because it said it will define the curls and take care if frizz. It works!!! It also makes her hair very soft. It is a bit expensive, $20, but it works and my daughter does not cry over her hair anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Xlizagx

I LOVE this product and only gave it a 4 due to it being quite expensive. My hair is very frizzy and usually nothing controls it except lots of mousse to keep it hard so it doesnt start frizzing! This leave in conditioner is the only thing that defines my curls, making them bouncier and doesnt make it rock hard so it looks wet. I wash my hair, put lots in (i need it!) and let it dry or use a diffuser. It dries really curly and keeps the curls defined. I dont think I could ever use anything else again. Only issue I have is that it IS quite expensive for how long it lasts me. I have been buying the 1litre bottle as I love the pump!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by miss_beee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently decided to leave my hair naturally curly (or big ball of poof) as much as I could because the heat was taking its toll and I really want to grow it out. I bought it on a whim because I figured its $20 and its a leave in and if its horrible then I can just use a little and add mousse or gel or something to it so it won't be a complete waste. My hair is 3a according to most websites but super thick and dry and I have A LOT of it. I put this on after shampooing and deep conditioning like usual on my wet hair and just left it alone. It left my hair softer than any other leave in or oil i've used (and I've used A LOT) my hair was a bit frizzy and the curls weren't that defined but I did use it alone and its been rainy the last couple days so I'm not taking off points for that yet....looks great the day after. I just dampened my hair and added a tiny amount. For the first time in a LONG LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNG time I like touching my hair in its natural state. Maybe once it stops raining it'll tame more frizz and define better? I've read its horrible in humidity so I guess I will wait and see but definitely a great product and its the only product I've ever used alone and had good results...will update in a couple days because I think it has dimethicone or something which is bad for curls...but we shall see

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Morgan40ish

I use this on my daughters hair. It's very curly 3a in some areas and 3c in others. Her curls just bounce when I used this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by hungerfordt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using the whole line of Mixed Chicks for a while and yes, this does work BUT! it dried out my hair so bad.

It's been like 6 months since I started using the shampoo, conditioner and leave in conditioner. It worked great for my hair, but now my hair is so brital and dry I had to switch to something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 7:00:00 AM More reviews by goldenGAZE

I have thick 3c hair and this product has been AMAZING for my hair! I'm writing this review with 3rd day hair thanks to the mixed chicks leave in. I've just been wearing my hair in a high bun over night and undoing it in the morning and voila...perfect curly hair STILL days after the first day. Soo damn simple right (perfect for a lazy university student like me who doesn't have hours to spend on my hair).

Not only is my hair still curly but it looks (and feels) moisturised and shiny (my mum kept asking me if my hair was damp when it was 100% dry). My one concern is the price since i have thick hair, i will probably go though the bottle fast but as of now it's totally worth it especially because once i have the leave in on, i don't need no other styling products in my hair).

I use this after the shower and apply it to my dripping wet hair then i leave my hair to air dry. I couldn't believe how much less poofyier and frizzy my hair turned out. My hair didn't look so damn thick anymore which for me was a dream. LOVE IT! Can't stop touching my curls.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily326

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for going on a year, it is absolutely perfect for my hair! I'm mixed black Caribbean and white British, so medium-tight curls, and they reach to my mid back.

For: It's hold depends completely on how much you put in, which is great for versatility; even with a lot in, it doesn't go crunchy.
It has a lovely, light scent, and is completely natural. It's also cruelty free, and suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
It lasts for a long while, without making your hair greasy. I can leave my hair for at least 3 days, if not longer.
You don't need any other products with this one, and it does last a long time for a relatively small bottle.

Against: It really is rather expensive! Especially since the bottle is not large anyway!
Still, I buy it whenever I have the money, and refuse to use anything else!!