Korres Rice & Olive Oil Compact

3.8

on 6/21/2013 8:37:00 AM

It was my favorite powder for winter when my skin started to be drier. Whenever I had dry patches on my nose or forehead after applying foundation, this powder moisturized these areas and after few minutes my skin looked much better. Actually, I was really surprised as usually all the powders are a little bit drying.
I noticed that Korres includes olive oil and rice starch in some of their powdery products, like for example in a botanically coated blush as well, and I believe it makes the texture of their powdery products sort of a bit creamy and velvety.
In spite I have the color that is a bit dark for my skin in winter (41N), it is so sheer that it looks ok.
I also liked the sponge, it differs from other sponges that usually go with powders, it is very thin, soft, velvety from one side and leather like from another.

on 8/22/2012 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Bought this on sale for $3. I bought a few shades too dark though, so the powder gives my face a nice orange colour... If smells strange, and it doesn't control shine or oil at all. I will not repurchase, but for 3 bucks it's fine for doing other people's (with darker skin) makeup!

on 2/24/2010 5:51:00 PM

Lovely powder, strange smell of olive oil but tolerable. Able to build coverage, did not dry my skin at all, no flakage. Looked very natural! Love it. Got it cheap on ebay, only 4 pounds. normally 16 pounds.

on 1/25/2009 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

i use korres products for years and years now, but this is the first time that i tried their "colour" range. For reference i have sensitive, dry, light to medium skin with neutral undertones, and lately my foundation broke me out like hell, so i decided to try something less artificial instead of it.
i use with body shop mineral foundation brush and the result is just amazing. No break outs or whatsoever. amazing product:)))
update: dried my skin out... flakes everywhere.. i stopped using it for a while and my skin improved... not at amazing one...

on 9/20/2008 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder!! I have searched far and wide for a great powder for my DRRRRYYY skin and this is it, my search is over. (MAC dried me out, i hated the chanel, it made my skin flake, etc).
I am a light-medium Latina woman with dark brown hair and dry skin not prone to acne or blemishes. i absolutely love the velvety texture of this powder, it is the silkiest smoothest powder. the color is matched perfectly, it has soft yellow undertones in it.

i sure wish the packaging was a little fancier. it does have a clean feel to it, as it is white and square. i am glad to have found this line at Sephora, I will most likely purchase other items in the line.

on 8/13/2008 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a really great product, I tend to have dry skin and most powders (apart from Sue Devitt's loose powder) tend to dry my skin out more...but this, is just soo smooth and velvety. I have it in 31N which has yellow undertones and suits me nicely. I haven't had any wierd reactions to it either. It evens out my complexion and lasts a fair amount out time. Also, it contains 16g of product which is a lot more than usual pressed powders. I brought mine for 15 pounds from a seller in Greece. Great product for dry-normal skin!

Recommended for Normal Skin