July 31, 2014 | 1732 users online

Hair Color - Avon - Advance Techniques Color Protection Grey Root Touch-Up

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by jlc01033

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to hand it to Avon. Their products are continually improving and they are always bringing new lines out.

This hair color, for a whopping $6, works exactly as well or better than just about any other hair color you can buy in a drugstore. It left my hair super shiny and the color (True Red) is just beautiful.

I colored my hair about three weeks ago and it is still just as vibrant and shiny as it was the day I colored it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Ayla

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in light brown to use as a colored eyebrow gel and cover a few grey hairs in my eyebrows.
It works perfectly, has a pleasant scent and since Iím only using it on my brows it should last quite a while.
Other colored gels are so expensive and this one is a steal at $5.99 even if not on sale.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 7:11:00 AM More reviews by user24678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm 22 and don't have grey hair but I bought this to touch-up my light roots between dye jobs (I have naturally light brown/blonde hair but dye it black). Yuck, yuck, yuck! First of all, the brush is far too large to even get close to the roots, which doesn't do you much good! It doesn't want to actually transfer from the brush onto your hair and when it finally does, it looks wet and greasy. It wipes off really easily so I can see it staining pillow cases and the like and I don't even want to know what would happen if you got caught in the rain with this stuff on! Horrible! I'm sticking to using Maybelline's Full And Soft Waterproof mascara in black to touch up my roots. That gets in really close to my scalp, covers perfectly, looks natural (not wet-looking at all) and doesn't come off on its own. Unfortunately, that will only work for people who have hair colour in one of the few colours the mascara comes in!
Edit: I forgot to mention the smell! From the moment I opened the bottle, I was practically choking because it smells sooooo strong and not in a good way! Like a really strong, nasty hair dye. It stunk up my whole bathroom and when I went back in there several hours later, it still smelled strongly!