October 30, 2014 | 1677 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Eye Kabuki Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this because of the rave reviews. I've long used a flat, taklon concealer brush made by L'Oreal. It's a good brush, but I've realized that I've always used it more for applying and sort of spreading out concealer rather than blending it. Instead, I'd use my ring finger to tap and blend the product in. That was fine, but the end result wasn't always as nice as I wanted. It's also somewhat time-consuming.

This brush is pretty inexpensive and I was buying some stuff from iherb.com anyway, so I thought it was worth a shot. Worst comes to worse, I'm only out 9 bucks.

I'm happy to report that this brush is amazing! The bristles are densely-packed and soft so the brush head feels good even on the sensitive skin around the eyes. The design allows you to really buff the product it, which gives a beautifully smooth, almost air-brushed look, which a flat concealer brush is never going to give you. It's also much faster than using your fingers to blend. It works excellently with my favorite Make Up For Ever liquid concealer, which is highly pigmented and can settle into fine lines if you're not careful. This EDM brush has made an already fab concealer look even better. I never knew my undereye area could look so good!

I would never use this as an eyeshadow brush, as the tip is too large, even for someone who has a lot of space between their lashline and brows. It might be OK for applying a light wash of color everywhere, but I have better brushes even for that job.

I've washed this brush twice so far and it's held up well--no shedding and the bristles remain soft. Highly recommended. And thank you to the many other reviewers whose raves induced me to try this brush. It's now a staple in my makeup routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by iepurasmic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is very soft and comes with a short wooden handle making it easier to hold and use. It's great for blending out under eye concealer. You can also use it to contour your nose with powder, highlight your cheekbones, and apply a light wash of color over your eyelids. I find it to be very versatile because it's made with synthetic bristles.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this brush when I went on my EDM craze, but that never happened.
I feel like you really pay for quality because this has to be one of the softest brushes there is. Also, it seems like it will last you a while because of the wooden handle and the actual build of it.
But I never used it and it never actually worked for me. I couldn't apply anything on my lids with this because it's too large. The softness should have been great for my undereye concealer application. But my biggest pet peeve is that this brush is too dense! Everytime I added a bit of powder concealer - it was way too much even with intense blending.
Overall, I gave it a lower rating because unlike every other reviewer I simply could not find a use for this brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I stumbled on these reviews and realized I have had this brush a looooong time - at least six years. I use it every single day. I use it for concealer under the eye, blending, all sorts of things - powder and liquid. I've never had a problem with it and I can't say anything negative about it. It is soft and I clean it regularly. Obviously it is holding up.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by etain_anders

As an eyeshadow brush, I think this fails. But for applying concealer, this is my HG brush. It picks up mineral foundation/concealer and applies it easily around my nose, under my eyes and anywhere else that my foundation brush is too big to fit easily. It also results in thicker coverage, and I suspect it would be great at contouring (not something I do). I've bought one, and I have another in storage for when they (inevitably) discontinue it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I got this brush more than 3 years ago... Its still going strong!! I apply mostly highlighter under browbone. Its so soft and so cheap. Didnt lose its shape, bristles are soft and it did never unglue- and Im not very careful about not letting water go in... :P

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by stephlenzerrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Such a cute Kabuki brush that works very well. I use this brush for eyeshadow and then set it with powder. Since using this brush my eye makeup looks polished and professional. Before i used to use my finger or even a q-tip to apply eyeshadows. It is small enough to add definition and blending to the eye area without smudging.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by sophiamolina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Product came within 2 days that I ordered it. Everyday Minerals also sells through Amazon (they sell SOME products). Product came in a small air bubble package and it was wrapped in brown paper, samples were also included. After I did the "finger pat" on my under eye concealer, I used this brush to blend it out, and it blended the concealer nicely. I was going to purchase the $24 Sephora concealer brush (#57) but for $8.99 and its good quality, I'll take the Everyday Minerals Eye Kabuki.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

Initially I thought this brush would be too huge for my lidspace. But turns out I love it for blending out cream eyeshadow or applying a base from the crease to the browbone. It's also great to 'clean up' after applying shadow; under the brow, under the lower lashline and inner corner. Great quality for $8.00 too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by mltmtascp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love all of the ED brushes. I use this one everyday to apply my base coat of eye shadow. I like to apply a base coat of a nude matte color on my eyelids and this brush is perfect for that. All of the ED brushes are long lasting. I have had them for about 4 years now and they work as well as the more high end brushes that I have.