October 23, 2014 | 880 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Silk Naturals - 100% Pure Silk Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by rose1234

I like Silk Powder because I feel like it will not irritate. I have given it 4 lippies instead of 5 since I am using this mainly in the morning as a fast and fool proof way to prevent my face from getting super shiny before I powder it later in the morning on my first break. When I go to my break, is my face shiny (~ 3 hours later)? Yes. Super Shiny? Nope. Good enough and no harm done.

Pros: easy, no white cast, natural, doesnt irritate
Cons: does not stay very matte for long

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by integritybites

I'm a Silk Naturals' fan but this product just doesn't work for me, sorry. Lumiere's Silk Powder in Sand and even EDM's old Silk Dust performed better, both coverage and longevity wise. I'm not sure why but Silk Naturals' silk powder went on too pale on me and there's a slight scent to it, probably owing to the high humidity here, even when stored at the back of a dark drawer.

I'm thinking that 100% silk powder might not be a good mix and some tweaking is recommended.

But do try other Silk Naturals' products. They're generally great. Just this and a couple else that don't work for me, just like any other brand.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2010 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Oryx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this to use as a primer, but can't say that it does anything for me. It doesn't break me out but doesn't seem to serve any purpose either. So, I will finish the rest of it but will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2008 7:43:00 AM More reviews by tv123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry, flaky skin so almost all powder products look cakey on my skin. This product, however, blends right into my skin. I love that this is all natural and it doesn't clog my pores. This also doesn't have any shimmer. The customer service is also really good. This isn't recommended for dark skin because it might leave a white cast.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

1. On its own it gives a soft-focus dewy effect, very pretty to softly mattify and reduce shine with the sheerest kiss of product. Does NOT clog my pores unlike nearly every liquid mattifier I've tried (I have highly comedgenic-prone skin)

2. Its great as a finishing powder over traditional and MMU. good oil absorbency without drying

3. I find it useful as a base under mineral makeup, I have noticed that for me it reduces sensitivity to MMU, because its provides a protective layer between skin and MMU. Perhaps its because its "silkier" than MMU which I find slightly abrasive (yes, I am one of the stand-ins for the cast of "The Princess and the Pea")

4. As a primer I find it a little bit better than nothing, but not much. It doesn't reduce wrinkles and blur pores enough! It doens't make eye makeup last much longer, nor be more intense. I like using it as a layer over primers or moisturisers before MMU though. So I'd give it a 3 using it as a primer, a 5 for any other uses

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2008 7:45:00 AM More reviews by smkmacca

I'm from Ireland and i ordered this (which comes from New York) and received updates regularly and it came in less than a week which i wasnt expecting. Ive been wanting a pure silk powder for ages (fed up with BE) but not that easy to get here. I use this after cream concealer using my BE Soft Focus brush and it is a lovely powder. It's pure white in the packaging, which is similar to BE, but didnt leave a white cast on my face, left my skin very soft and helps control oil. Then I used powder foundation over it and Silk Naturals Beach Bunny bronzer. I love it and will def be ordering more from Silk Naturals, friendly company and customer service and its cheap too. Whats not to love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2008 11:37:00 AM More reviews by DebWil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Labeled as a primer, in the form of a loose powder. I use it on my nose, over any spots that need concealing, or that may get the oilies. Then apply your SN foundation. Works great at preventing shine, seems to balance oil production. Makeup lasts and lasts. Overall a great line of MMU. See my reviews on their foundation.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No