October 24, 2014 | 1926 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Moisture Lotion #3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Sorry to completely disagree with another reviewer who rebukes users for not fully understanding this product. This product obviously IS available in the UK, otherwise I (and other British users) wouldn't have been using it for years. And it was never originally aimed at the Asian market, just at those with oily or combination skin. Finally, it certainly DOES need to be used with a moisturiser as any moisturising benefits are not enough on its own for most users. Most Clinique customers are sophisticated enough to know that this is a toner and mild exfoliating product but whether they can get used to the strength of this product is mainly down to time, patience and persistence. I stopped using this for a while and on returning to it was surprised at how strong it is - I thought I'd bought paint stripper in error when I first opened the bottle! But after a week of use my skin showed how great this product is in terms of reducing oiliness and improving the skin's texture. I don't care that it contains alcohol - most conventional toners do; I just need it to work for me and thankfully it does! Good value too, as a huge 400ml bottle lasts me at least 9 months used once a day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by velvetgirl

This is the only toner that actually delivers results. My skin is clearer with this then without, it is a neccessary step in clear, bright, smooth skin. I used it awhile back and due to the $$ went without it for awhile. I just used some last night and my skin looks brighter and cleaner this morning. My pores look smaller. The SA was very careful to remind me not to "scrub" with this, just put it on a cotton ball and wipe lightly over the face. That's all it takes and my pores are much happier this morning. :)

UPDATE 10/30/2013 I stopped using this for awhile (why o why do I do that??) No other toner ever cleaned my skin so well..I mean it goes in and doesn't just remove any traces of make up leftover from my cleanser but it goes down deep and removes dead skin cells too.
My skin feels so clean and fresh afterwards. This is a keeper! Glad to be using it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by tsh82

to be honest i was supposed to get #2 because i DONT have an oily face. but before i used it, i thought that it would balance out my thick impress emulsion and sunscreen.
so i used it today and my face isnt so oily like its used to be.
love it, only need 4 drops :D

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by katherinemaris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Loved this product the first few days,it really felt like it cleansed my skin very well... after a few fays i started noticing my skin breaking out, my chin, cheeks... terrible!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

Damn typical 'Clinique breakout again' This is not a good toner. This does sink into my skin well and felt nice and refreshing on my skin in summer. But after 2 days my skin was soooooo oily and break outs everywhere. My skin is NEVER oily and this seemed to encourage more oil production which makes me think my skin was dried out from this product. Yet again let down by Clinique!! I still LOVe their Dramatically Different Gel in summer its a staple but thats it. I've tried soo many other products from them but nope, none have worked.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by MissKrimson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product! All the clarifying lotions are actually exfoliators allowing your serum/moisturizer penetrate deeper in the skin, easier! Fantastic. May have a slight tingling feeling which is the exfoliation. LOVE THIS!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by alynne88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought Clinique's whole 3-step skincare in number 3# except for the toner which I got the Clarifying MOISTURE Lotion #2 mid-june last year. The CML really works wonders for my skin. It sort of cleans it, makes it look more radiant and my skin just looks so much smoother that everyone has complimented me on it! Which is quite a feat I tell you since I have major scarring from acne during my teen years and it must take a huge difference for my family and friends to notice the changes and compliment me on my skin.

I've been using it religiously since I got it, so the whole set has pretty much run out and I just recently went out to buy a new set, but me being such an airhead, I got the wrong bottled toner 2# (I got the Clarifying Lotion 2# instead) and let me tell you, that thing broke me out so badly that I just stopped using that one after just one week and gave it to my mom. And I even bought the jumbo sized bottle of that crap! It was totally a waste of my money.

So if anything, definitely invest in the CML. It doesn't matter which skin type you are, just pick the CML for you. It'll help.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 5:34:00 AM More reviews by maithy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

PERFECT, the best Clarifying of Clinique that i have used. I loved Clarifying lotion #3 (green cap) but sometimes when the weather got cooler, it dried my cheeks a bit. I was skeptical about toners which contains moisturize factor, Im afraid it would leave some sticky, greasy, n clogs pores. I was wrong!! With this Clarifying moisture #3, those horrible things never happens. I wonder why didnt I think of this sooner?! This toner do all the best of clarifying without harsh skin nor drying, n moisture skin so gently without any shiny or greasy appear. My skin after applying it is fresh, comfortable, incredibly soft and even like baby skin. How amazing a Clinique toner can be! Any toners that I ve use, even some premium brands as Estee lauder or Lancome are rubbish compare with this. And I love the package too, I like the bottle with silver cap, the bottles is clearly pink , the color comes from the package, the water inside is clear, no color or alcohol added, Thats a big plus. Now I found my HG toner, Will keep using this for the rest of my life. So happy :-D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by onevodkamartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Again, people using products without fully understanding them. This product exfoliates but does so gently as it has less salycilic acid that the standard 2nd step toners. Also, this product is not available in all countries. We do not sell it here in the UK for example. 3rdly, the reason that this is moisturising is because it contains hyaluronic acid which smooths and plumps the skin. This product can actually cause breakouts in some people if used along with a moisturiser because its so smoothing. If wearing this i'd just skip moisturiser and use an eye cream. This product was originally marketed at Asian women as they use a lot of skin soothing and moisturising toners but its catching on quick. I personally adore this product as it gives make-up a beautiful dewy look and seems to hold it in place better than a moisturiser.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2009 1:22:00 AM More reviews by jedmo

I also find it hard to believe that there aren't more reviews on this product. There are so many negative reviews on cliniques clarifying lotions because the regular one is alcoholic and can be harsh on the skin. It just seems that noone realises that there is a non-alcoholic version. I was classified as skin type 2 and I have tried the alcoholic version (with the green cap) but I wasn't a fan of the alcohol content. I find that because the clarifying moisture lotion is a lot tamer my skin didn't feel as clean afterwards, which is why I have opted for the type 3 version even though I was classified type 2. It just feels a little bit stronger and it feels like it does a better job. I don't mind the alcoholic version - but I really believe that step 2 of the 3 step program is really something that you need to tailor yourself. Don't just trust clinique to get it right. Get a tester first and ask for the sample bottles so that you can try a few types. I tried type 2 and type 3 alcholic and non-alcoholic. Only you can feel how it affects you and the effects are dramatically different. I believe that this is the most important thing to do before you buy and before you judge!! I found that even with the harshness of the alcoholic step 2, your skin does become accustomed to it after a while and a few days without it and your skin will feel really dirty and oily. Your skin should never be dependent on the product you use.The best thing about the moisture lotion is that it doesn't do this to your skin - it just lightly exfoliates it without dramatically changing the pH of your skin. The one thing I do not like about this product is that it has cheaper packaging and a smaller hole at the top for product to come out of. As I said before, this step is a difficult one to get right, and for that reason it is hard to judge whether it will be good for your skin, but once you do get it right you won't regret buying it.