December 22, 2014 | 1814 users online

Styling Products - Wen by Chaz Dean - Cucumber Aloe Styling Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This styling creme is very nice. It left my hair nice and soft, smooth and de poofed. I had to take one lippie off because it smells nothing like the cleansing conditioner. In fact, I think it smells really bad. It's gonna be hard to finish this. I only hope it doesn't linger in the morning. It's like a strong cinnamon scent. To be fair, I've never liked cinnamon scents, but still, it's just not what one who loves the cleansing conditioner would expect in a styling creme. I do smell cucumber, though.

***Actually, I think this one is less conditioning than the other styling cremes. After a couple days, my hair felt wiry and straw-like, though it was still less poofy. Perhaps it is the cinnamon? Perhaps this is for a person with normal hair whereas mine is a little more dry? I think it felt so good the first day because my hair was still moisturized from this new conditioner I've been using.

I have the lavender version of this and it's extremely smoothing and extremely moisturizing. I hear the fig is the most moisturizing and the most smoothing, so it'll be interesting to try fig. But yeah, if you have hair that needs a little more, then I'd go with lavender.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Girocctl

I absolutely love this product! It makes my hair shiny and healthy looking. I would Definitely buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by victoriasinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love this! keeps the frizz away and is light and airy.this might weigh my hair down, however, i am trying to figure that out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 7:12:00 AM More reviews by beemoody

So my sister introduced me to WEN cleansing conditioner (in the new Pomegranate) for Christmas. Immediately after Christmas, I cut my hair pretty short and got it colored, so figured it would be a good time to try out a new regime.

The cleansing conditioner is very different from normal shampoo - and that's why it is awesome....it came with a big describing what it is made of and how to use it. You also should watch Chaz Dean explain it on his instructional DVD or when he is on QVC or go to his website. He's soooo nice and explains in detail the products, how they work and WHY they are so good for your hair.

Anyway, i tried the styling cream from a friend who didn't want it anymore. I avoided the root and put on the shafts down as best i could following the direction on the back of the bottle. I DO NOT like the smell, but the rest is all good! Immediately I felt a softness to my hair. All through blow drying, could feel how soft and light my hair felt. Even got the confirmation from my sister that my hair looked and felt different - for the better! :)

I slept on it and this morning my hair looks and feels amazing, soft, pretty, with volume. Wish it smelled better, but i dont' smell any residue scent this morning on it. I will defintiely continue to use and can't wait to try some of his other products out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 5:59:00 PM More reviews by sabrunka

Wow ok so normally I don't care about styling product other than hairspray because they never work... Well, this one works AMAZINGGGG!! I cleansed my hair with my cucumber aloe cleansing conditioner as usual and then added about a dime size amount of styling cream to the mid-shaft of my hair to the ends. I blow dried my hair (which is rare because when i do, it usually ends up frizzy and nasty) and it has a ton of volume and little to no frizzies.. And it is SO SOFT and I can run my fingers through so easily!! I am SO impressed with this product!!! My hair btw is very fine, has no volume, just above shoulder length, and gets oily quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by k9muttlover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I do not like using styling products in my hair - I can't stand my hair feeling like there's a bunch of goo in it. I like to touch my hair a lot and I need to be able to run my fingers through it. This product really leaves my hair feeling nice, you can't even tell there's anything in it once dried, which wins votes in my book.

I use a pea size amount mid-shaft to ends on towel dried hair. I have great results when I air dry and when I need to blow dry. My hair feels soft and is incredibly shiny.

I have tried the lavender and the sweet almond styling creme and was not as impressed as with the cucumber. I expected them to all be different, but the cucumber is a winner in my book - I returned the others.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by lilmama51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this with the Wen system and it works great with the fig conditioning cleanser. I have super frizzy hair and on day one I wash, apply and air dry. The results: soft, Shirley Temple curls (amazing for me). Day two: not so great--back to major fluff. The texture balm does not help so I usually go to another, heavier leave-in conditioner.

My main complaint with the system is it becomes very expensive because of the amount you have to use if you have thick or coarse hair. But it's very hard to argue with results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2008 10:31:00 AM More reviews by ParisTroika

As of right now, I would buy this again. I have yet to use my WEN without the styling cream step, but I really do enjoy this. After cleansing, you put it on wet hair and either style or air dry. I always air dry for the most part. It keeps my hair under control. Combined with the texture balm (once my hair is dry) I have soft, shiny, manageable hair...no shampoo/conditioner/styling combo has ever given me these kind of results. I'm really liking the WEN system so far. If that changes, I will most definitely update my review!