OPI You Don't Know Jacques!

4.4

on 2/11/2015 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The color of this polish is beautiful. The brush isn't that great, which made the application a little difficult, but that's not why I am giving this a low rating. Even with a base coat, two coats of polish, and a top coat, this chipped the next morning! I am very disappointed, I have had this happen with cheap polishes, but not an OPI polish.

on 11/17/2014 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Awesome color. This is the only shade of taupe that my skin tone can wear, I have blue undertones and this color doesn't make me look like walking dead. Online this looks grayish, but in person there is more of a brown hue.

on 6/8/2014 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The cheaper alternative to this is sally Hansen commander in chic it bares similarity in color due to the same type of hues only this hasint got any purpel hues its an awesome color and perfect for the fall love:)

on 3/16/2014 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

YUCK yuck yuck! This is the ugliest color I've ever seen- it's brown, greyish muddy colour I don't think this looks good on anyone! I asked my friends if they thought the colour was beautiful (I showed different pictures of diff people wearing it) and they all said it looks too much like dirt nails..men included

on 12/6/2013 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this in the "Take Ten" set of 10 OPI polishes. I was thinking of buying this some time ago because there was a huge hype around it. I thought "maybe it looks prettier than in pictures, maybe there is some hidden glitter in this that actually makes it pretty". Nope. It's a very boring, in MY opinion, taupe grey colour. Only one step up from mouse grey. I don't think it's the tone of my skin that is the problem - I just really don't like the colour. To me it's not a statement piece - I would rather like a red polish for a statement.
I thought this would be pretty with knitted garments, and it kinda does compliment them if you're wearing a red lip at the same time. However, this colour just doesn't make me feel happy looking at my hands. I think this looks really ugly on the nails. It also brings out any pink colouring around the nails.
If the problem was only the colour, I would probably give this polish a 3, but the formula really isn't good. The polish applies streaky, it peels off certain places if I go over it and I need a solid 3 layers to make the colour opaque. I have actually never before encountered a polish that de-attaches from the nail as this does while I'm applying it...
Anyway: the only thing that saves this from 1 star is that it's still possible to apply another polish - for example one with shimmer, glitter or other things over and this will be less boring. If you want, you can also divide your nail in 4 parts and colour two opposite parts with this and the other two with red - it will be an interesting combination. It's VERY easy to remove (with nail polish remover) and it dries quite fast, like most other OPI polishes. Otherwise, I don't like this and I wouldn't recommend buying only because you've heard good things about it.. Buy this if you actually want a pure taupe brown colour, but even then I would consider something else because I don't quite like the quality of this.

on 7/29/2013 9:54:00 PM

I have cool toned skin and hate brown, gold and tan polish as a rule. This stood out to me as more of a grey taupe and a flattering color for cooler skin tones. The formula however was AWFUL. A streaky mess and the brush was horrid - something I'd expect more from Essie polishes. Disappointing.

on 5/30/2013 9:57:00 PM

This is the only brown polish I own. It is a pretty taupe color, good for fall. Great application and staying power. Typical OPI quality.

on 5/14/2013 12:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

For white skin tone this is RANK! It looks like crap spread on nails? Hype? Seriously?

on 3/24/2013 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really think this product is a joke. I mean look at the color and look at the name. maybe OPI thought it would be funny to see what exactly what they could sell to the polish lemming beauty queens! *lol* Seriously. This is ugly.

on 3/17/2013 11:42:00 AM