April 17, 2014 | 1736 users online

Lip Treatments - Blistex - Deep Renewal

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Terrible product. Did absolutely nothing to keep my lips moist. They were dry an hour after applying and that was indoors if you go outside in a harsh winter or hot summer you'll end up reapplying it every 10 minutes. It feels good when it goes on, but it was a bigger letdown than zebra fruit striped gum. Go with a classic Chapstick instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by rachlovesoliver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just bought this and I am really impressed. Ive always had severely chapped lips and this has been a miracle for me!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I live in GA. It's cold right now, and we're just not used to it. My hands are chapped, my hair is like straw, my incredibly oily face is positively parched, the skin on my body is absolutely reptilian and my lips??? Oy. Flaky, scabby mess. It doesn't seem to matter how much water I guzzle or how liberally I slather myself with lotion and potion.

I grabbed this product At Wal-Mart today in desperation. I had been running around in temps hovering around freezing all day and my lips were on fire. I didn't really pay attention to the details on the package, because Blistex products have always been pretty trustworthy for me.

At first it felt heavenly to my poor lips and I really enjoyed the mint and citrus scent. But after about an hour, my lips seemed to be burning even more than before I put it on. I thought it must have been due to something else...the spicy jalapeno jelly I had with cheese and crackers perhaps. So I cleansed thoroughly and re-applied, only to find that it actually burned on contact. I was really puzzled until I read the reviews here, and then it dawned on me that it's the SPF. I have the same reaction when I use products containing even the slightest amount of SPF on my face. I avoid them at all costs.

I'd be willing to bet that is what's causing the burning, cracking and peeling that other reviewers have reported. If you are sensitive to chemical sunscreens, this product is not for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by iepurasmic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like that it provides broad spectrum sun protection. It's moisturizing but it's not enough if you have severely chapped lips like I do. I initially liked the way this balm tasted (grapefruit) but after frequent use, I noticed some bitterness. I don't think I will repurchase in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by EnjoyTheSilence

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used several tubes of this balm over the past 2 or 3 years. It is safe to say that it's my favorite everyday balm, and I keep several tubes throughout the house and in my purse. I have very acne-prone skin, and this balm does NOT cause those blasted lip line zits for me as many others do. I am also allergic to some sunscreen ingredients typically used in lip products, and I've never had a reaction with this balm (of course, that's not to say that no one else will.)

This has a very soft, sugary spearmint-citrus fragrance and is lightly sweetened in flavor. It feels ever-so-subtly minty and cool on the lips, but not icy feeling at all. Its texture is very smooth and buttery, but not overly slick or oily. Application feels nice and smooth; it does not grab or drag as some waxier balms can do. It does moisturize very well and leaves lips feeling soft and moderately hydrated after blotting or eating/drinking. I do prefer a slightly waxier/matte balm under certain lipsticks, but for the most part this performs well under a variety of lip color products.

Overall: If you have severely dry or chapped lips, this alone will not be enough -- but if you are looking for an effective no-nonsense everyday balm, give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by milkglass59

I've been using this product for several years. I love it. I use it all day long, by it self or under lipstick. Great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by xpgr1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is incredible lip balm. My lips feel the smoothest they've been in a long time after using it for one day. I like it even better than Fresh's lip balms that retail for more than 10x the price of this. It goes on smooth and clear and tastes nice. It has a smell, but I personally like it. It really helped moisturise my lips to a point where there is not a single dry patch on them. The packaging is nice, with a roll-up configuration, much like Fresh's packaging. In fact, both product and packaging-wise it is probably the closest you will get to Fresh. I like this better, though. I docked a packaging lippie, but for $3 it is still great. This is my favourite lip balm to date.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

This stuff is GREAT. You don't see many drug store lip balms with ingredients like CoQ10 and SPF 15, especially at this price. It's smooth and non-greasy. It's sweet but to me the taste is really just like plain white sugar: very neutral and unobtrusive. The product is off white but goes on clear.

I believe Blistex claims that this will make your lips bigger. And for me it has. However, let me explain: my lips have just been dry dry dry from wearing nothing but lipstick all winter and they were just constantly shriveled from being dehydrated. I think using Deep Renewal several times throughout the day has held the moisture in my lips, and maybe benefitted them to some degree with the CoQ10. I don't for a second believe that it actually enlarged my lips. More like it just made them healthy, smooth and plump again. (Or at least as plump as my lips are ever gonna get :- {} )

It's just the most effective balm I've used to date, and that's partly because it's just feels so good. I hate when you feel like you just have tons of glop on your lips and have to be careful you don't touch your lips and get your hair in it. It doesn't call attention to itself and goes great under other products. When a product works great, but I just hate the way it feels, it ultimately doesn't matter how much good it does for me; I'll just stop using it sooner or later. But when something is a pleasure to use it just makes it that much better. Thank you, Blistex!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by reviewer12

I honestly thought that this product was going to be good for my lips but its not. The taste is awful. Too waxy. I hate the yellow color. And it doesn't feel cool on my lips. It burns them. Certainly not buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Ajej

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product!! I have multiple ones around the house and in my purse so I have one at all times. There must be some ingredient that adversely affects some uses because this product is far from drying!