November 24, 2014 | 1872 users online

Lip Treatments - Blistex - Deep Renewal

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by NicoleMarii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As an Esthetician, I would most definitely purchase this lip balm again. For anyone who is looking for a nice pinky, full, smooth lip, this is the product! All of the people complaining that it doesn't hydrate enough over night, shouldn't be using this product over night anyway. It contains an SPF of 15, SPF Is used for the day. Just as we should in skin care regimen, SPF should be applied during the day and included in our daily moisturizer. Where at night, we should be applying a thicker night cream containing no SPF. I apply this lip balm while getting ready for the day and again through out through out the day maybe 1-3 times if that. Most of the time I don't need to but I like the fullness and the smoothness it gives me lips. At night I apply a different lip balm, one more thick and hydrating WITH OUT AN SPF. I exfoliate my lips 1-2 times a week and apply this Blistex lip balm immediately afterwards. It really has enhanced my lips. The ingredients are great! Collagen, vitamins, hyaluronic spheres, anti oxidant complex... Amazing! My lips have been looking smoother, fuller, worn alone they make your lips the perfect pink and my lips feel great! I don't believe there is a down side to this product. The price is great, packaging is what it is for the price. It included enough information about the product. When a company worries too much about packaging, that's when you should be worried. That means they are not putting enough money into the actual product. Less is more. They say you get what you pay for but i believe we're getting a bargain with this product considering the ingredients and all the product does. Just like our skin care regimen, it's trial and error. What may work for me, may not work for you- but it's worth a shot. Purchase this item somewhere you can return it for your 2.99 if it concerns you that much.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by x3Killjoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favourite lipbalm! Super moisturizing but not thick, and it reduces the look of lines and makes my lips also look smoother. It doesn't dry out my looks like some other lip balms. The only downside to this is that it is unscented/no flavour, but I usually combine it with lipgloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by kayleigh83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think the key with lip balms is trial and error - what works for one may not work for another, even people with the same lip issues! My lips are ALWAYS flaky, peeling, dry. Even when I exfoliate them it's back within a day or two. It's a struggle for lip products to look good on them! I've tried many balms that people swear by (EOS, Nivea) and usually they do nothing. I'll get that momentary balmy feeling when I put them on, but once the product fades away it's done nothing for my lips themselves.

This balm is different for me- my lips themselves (once the product had faded off) were smoother, the packaging says it reduces the look of lines on the lips and this is true for me! They were smooth and soft, no peeling skin or dry patches. It truly improved my lips themselves, it wasn't just a coat of waxy balm that fades off and leaves no improvement. I was seeking a lip balm that would provide real moisture to my lips, not the typical kind that seals in moisture - I have no moisture to seal in, that's my problem! This product is a HIT for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Tiffiny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best!!! I keep coming back to this one. I use quite a few different lip products but nothing beats my deep renewal. It heals my chapped lips and doesn't make them sting like the original blister does.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Below average lip balm, particularly because I've become used to the Nivea brand lip balms. I just bought the Blistex Deep Renewal balm the other day, and it seems way too thin, greasy, almost watery to be able to sink into my lips and heal my chapped peeling lips. If you put a thick layer on before you go to sleep, your lips will be just as dry when you wake up in the morning.

Not intense enough for me by a long shot. I'm much more impressed by Nivea.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by NanaAnn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading one consumers review on the 'net, I think they termed it right when they said this was a lip conditioner & when comparing costs to other beauty conditioners, it was a real bargain. I bought it not because I needed dead in the the northeast winter environment protection, but because I was recuperating from a bad virus in the drought inclined Southwest desert & needed help asap with the shingled appearance of my lips. SPF was also a decision since I've had precancerous lesions removed from my lips twice. Was the Q10 a draw because of my age (66)? Not really, but I figured it wouldn't hurt. Anyways, this stuff works AND FAST! Since it's now a permanent resident in the medicine cabinet, I find the most it takes to clear up any chapped lips is 3 days, 2 being the normal. The added benefit is the nice shine and yum it tastes good, not medication laced or wax-like.

So I gave it 5 stars because for me, it lived up to all it's claims: Reduces lines and wrinkles. Improves lip health. Moisturizes, protects and renews. Reduces dryness. Increases radiance. Gives your lips a fuller appearance. SPF 15 protects against sun damage. YMMV. Also Wally World has this for under $2, guess where I'm going for refills?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by minosan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favourite lip balm these days. Canadian winters are hella harsh and I grabbed this at a nearby Shoppers after work one day. My lips were dry, chapped, and burned so bad so I had to get something... I didn't pay so much attention to it and just grabbed the first thing that looked decent to me.

After a day or two, my lips were really moisturized and smooth. They were definitely far from chapped and I've been using this ever since! Also, all my lipsticks and lip stains have gone on so much better for some reason. My lips never feel dry anymore, just moisturized enough. The price is decent enough too, it's pretty cheap :) It lasts pretty long as well. All in all, I'm really happy with this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Terrible product. Did absolutely nothing to keep my lips moist. They were dry an hour after applying and that was indoors if you go outside in a harsh winter or hot summer you'll end up reapplying it every 10 minutes. It feels good when it goes on, but it was a bigger letdown than zebra fruit striped gum. Go with a classic Chapstick instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by rachlovesoliver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just bought this and I am really impressed. Ive always had severely chapped lips and this has been a miracle for me!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I live in GA. It's cold right now, and we're just not used to it. My hands are chapped, my hair is like straw, my incredibly oily face is positively parched, the skin on my body is absolutely reptilian and my lips??? Oy. Flaky, scabby mess. It doesn't seem to matter how much water I guzzle or how liberally I slather myself with lotion and potion.

I grabbed this product At Wal-Mart today in desperation. I had been running around in temps hovering around freezing all day and my lips were on fire. I didn't really pay attention to the details on the package, because Blistex products have always been pretty trustworthy for me.

At first it felt heavenly to my poor lips and I really enjoyed the mint and citrus scent. But after about an hour, my lips seemed to be burning even more than before I put it on. I thought it must have been due to something else...the spicy jalapeno jelly I had with cheese and crackers perhaps. So I cleansed thoroughly and re-applied, only to find that it actually burned on contact. I was really puzzled until I read the reviews here, and then it dawned on me that it's the SPF. I have the same reaction when I use products containing even the slightest amount of SPF on my face. I avoid them at all costs.

I'd be willing to bet that is what's causing the burning, cracking and peeling that other reviewers have reported. If you are sensitive to chemical sunscreens, this product is not for you.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No