September 22, 2014 | 1839 users online

Concealers - Almay - Bright Eyes Eye Base + Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by BrittCastsFireballs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok, let me start by saying that I like the color of this. It has a very unique yellow tone which not only hides redness, but also cancels out the purple/blue of my undereye circles. It's really great in that aspect.
HOWEVER, this packaging SUCKS. First, the brush tip is a pointless feature in a concealer in my opinion. It also tends to clog and release unevenly. I've noticed that sometimes you get this massive squirt of product upon normal squeezing.
Anyway, I suppose you could buy a small dish or some type of squeeze bottle from Sally's (or even Walmart) to empty this into, but that seems like a few too many steps. Not worth it really, considering there are concealers similar in color everywhere. :/

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by maaclean

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have been using this concealer on a daily basis for many months now. So far I have found that Almay products work especially well for me because of the pale shades, it can be difficult to find a shade light enough from other brands. The concealer is liquid and quickly dries when you dab it into skin, it covers dark circles very well and you can also use it on your eyelid as a base for eyeshadow and eyeliner. Like I said, I use it everyday and a tube lasts surprisingly long. I find that the concealer brightens the eye area and is light on my skin. Definitely recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by ajr5128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty sure this has been discontinued in favor for the new Almay Wake Up concealer that looks exactly the same as this, but I love it! I got it in the shade Medium and it has the perfect yellow-peach undertones for my undereyes. It's moisturizing and has about a light-medium coverage. I do notice sometimes though that if I'm sweating a lot it feels like it might be burning, but I'm not sure if it's the concealer or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by melanie721

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer so much- I have recently been using Revlon Photoready Concealer, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it's been breaking me out- which it also isn't very good at covering up. I have repurchased this Almay concealer more than almost any other product I use and plan to buy it again very soon. While this concealer isn't the best for my terrible undereye circles, it IS the best at concealing spots and blemishes. For my eyes I use the CG and Olay concealer but it is useless for my face. Yes people- this concealer is very yellow toned, but you can see that when you look at it in the store, it's not like it's a surprise. I am very pale but with yellow undertones and most makeup for fair skin is pink toned so this concealer is like a gift from the angels for me. I use the lightest shade in this concealer and sometimes mix it with my foundation to get a better shade and coverage. It doesn't look cakey on me and can be built up for better coverage. The price is pretty great considering how much I love it. Packaging is meh, but I just squeeze the concealer out and use my fingers or another brush to apply and blend. I would recommend to anyone with yellow tones.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by persiantee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first apply this concealer it matches my skin tone. Within a few minutes however it turns darker and into a more orange tone. Unfortunately thats not the look I'm going for in my under-eye area so I won't be getting this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by lmr007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I'm not crazy. Phew! The very day I got it, I could not get the product to even come out to drench or even semi fill the brush. I squeezed & squeezed...got out of my car because I was afraid it would shoot up to my brand new car's ceiling...and proceeded to squeeze some more. Finally, the product came through the brush in a glop. I am shocked. Almay, really? I am a fair reviewer, but there is no way I can give this anything but a 1. The product itself is ok, not mindblowing in the concealer department..I'm glad some people think so..but I have had better within the same price range. Extremely disappointed, ladies! ) :

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by constantonian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was hoping this would be something like touché éclat, but nay this is far from it. Consistency is runny and it really doesn't do anything in terms of coverage or brightening. Ok I take that last part back. It does brighten to a certain extent, but I still need to use a concealer underneath the product, which defeats the "+ concealer" claim, for me at least. Also dislike the packaging. I ended up unscrewing the top and squeezed the tube into a pot for the intended purpose of perhaps a highlighting cream. Well that little pot has been sitting in the back of my makeup cabinet for a couple of months now collecting dust. I give this a two because sometimes it's nice to mix with a foundation for a slight luminous effect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I guess it is so interesting to see what works for one person and not for another! I love this stuff and have probably purchased 5 tubes through the years. I does have a yellowish tint to it which is good for me to balance the bluish tone underneath my eyes. it is also is very moisturizing which I think another reviewer called oily. I get what she means except that for me this is great b/c my skin is so dry in the winter that i can use this on other spots on my face without looking dry and cakey. It does not make my eyes get all wrinkly or dried out looking. It is a great nuetralizer for post acne scarring and any active healing stuff on my face. I usually put a few dots of this stuff to bring down the redness and then can cover with a darker concealer of just blend with powder or bronzer. Works great! I dont hate the brush. It can make the concealer easier to apply b/c of the brush aspect you dont get heavy globs in one place. Unhygenic? I think everything I own concealer wise is not the most hygenic. Even concealer sticks get gross at the top. I guess a regular squeeze tube would be the most clean way to go, but I think that I have gotten used to using the brush on this one. A definite staple for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2012 5:26:00 AM More reviews by CreativeGesture

I brought Almay's"Bright Eyes eye base + concealer" awhile ago, I hadn't heard of anything good nor bad about this product and decided as it was on sale at the time to try it out. It was horrible to say the least, Oily, Yellow toned, and not long lasting at all!
I am going to list all cons below, I havent got any pros on this product.
...
[Cons]
- Doesn't conceal
- Oily/hard to blend into skin
- Was quite hard to get product out
- Unhygenic because of brush
- The product itself had a yellow tone to it
...
Overall I WOULDN't buy this product again, however I would try other eye primers/eye base concealers in future. It didn't reach my expectations at all, it simply added to the problem. I would recommend people looking at other eye base and concealer options and avoiding this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although this is one of the only Almay concealers that has a fairly acceptable color choice for my skintone, I once again found that this is a concealer full of potentially irritating botanicals and extracts for the undereye area. As a result, I had extremely puffy eyes while using this and I also did not like the packaging of this odd squeeze-out tube. I would always end up squirting out too much product for how thick this formula is, and I was overall just not happy with yet another Almay product. I have since quit my interest in this line of so-called "hypoallergenic" options, and I actually find many more better-quality, non-irritating with Maybelline and Neutrogena brands.