October 23, 2014 | 1035 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Vanishing Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by naturallykinkycoils

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good moistuizer but too expensive

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by silurian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a light, pleasantly-scented moisturiser that absorbs quickly. I have quite sensitive skin but did not get any irritation or breakouts from this. It's not quite moisturising enough for my drier patches, but would be perfect in summer for a normal/combo/possibly even oily skinned person.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by DJCupcakes

Rejoice, my skin, for you have finally found a moisturizer that suits you.

My combination-to-oily, extremely acne-prone, and fussy skin has never met a moisturizer it liked. I've had limited success with a few moisturizers from higher-end brands, but due to cost and reformulation issues, have not been able to stick with them. Most drugstore and "natural" brand moisturizers have made my skin crabby, so I've always avoided them. I was skeptical when the SA at Lush swore this one would be different.

Healthy skepticism notwithstanding, I've been extremely pleased with this moisturizer. I mostly apply this at night as the ending point of my skincare routine. In hand, it feels like it will be too emollient and greasy, but as soon as I spread it onto my skin, it really does start to "vanish" almost immediately. A minute or two after application, it has sunk in completely, leaving a velvety-matte finish and skin that feels comfortably moisturized but not even the slightest bit greasy. A little does go a long way, too.

A couple of quick tips: It does smell of lavender and the smell lingers for a while, so if you dislike that scent, you're better off avoiding. It works best when I apply it on skin that is slightly damp rather than totally dry. Also, the lotion itself is a bit on the runny side, so the pot packaging is not totally ideal - be careful when screwing the cap off when the jar is still new/full and watch that you don't tip the jar over. Lastly, there ARE some typically "comedogenic" ingredients in this. They don't bother my acne-prone skin a bit, but my acne triggers seem to be different from many acne-prone folks, so as always: a patch test is strongly recommended before slapping it on all over.

This product has finally allowed me to use moisturizer on a daily basis again, which has really helped my skin's moisture balance. It's not a cheap product, but given how well it works for me and how little I need to use for my entire face, I am quite happy to keep repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by azottl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In general, this is a good moisturizer for those who have oily/blemish prone/combination skin. I say "good" and not "great" because it is not encompassing of all skin types - if you are dry, I definitely would not recommend as I feel it would not deliver the moisture you need. However, if you are blemish prone or oily, this is the moisturizer for you. After applying, it sinks in very quickly and does not leave an oily residue on your skin. The smell is a bit strong (a lavender scent) and I was worried it may break me out or cause a rash but was pleasantly surprised that my skin did not react to the product. The brand also claims that the product will reduce the occurrence of blemishes, which sadly did not occur for me (not that I was expecting it to, I don't generally buy moisturizers for that reason).
The pot seems small for the price, but a little really goes a long way. I bought my pot in November of last year, and it is now almost the end of April and I still have about a third of the product left to use.
The downside is the price, which is quite expensive regardless of how long the product last. The smell is also quite strong and lingers on your face, so you really need to enjoy the lavender scent if you intend to make this your go-to moisturizer.
Overall, I do recommend this product and am happy with the purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a funny cream. It goes on very light and matte, smells great and absorbs quickly (Hense the name "Vanishing Cream"). All great things that i want in a moisturizer. I suppose i technically have combination skin, i have a very oily T-zone but then have dry patches on my chin and around my mouth, so i need something to combat the oil, while not over saturating my T-zone, but still moisturize the dry spots. There are 3 things i don't like about this moisturizer. 1) While its quite light, it does leave a very faint greasy feeling on my face. Nothing that would cause me concern, but it is noticeable 2)The price is crazy. For a little pot it was about $44CAN, but i will say you really don't need a lot. A little dab will easily do your entire face, so i can see that it will last a good while at least. and finally, that is in a pot. If you get a sample from the store, or they test it out on you, the store uses a bottle with a pump which makes you excited, but they don't sell those to the public. Doesn't really make sense to me, but i'm just not a jar/pot person. Its easy enough to wash your hands first obviously, but they just don't seem overly sanitary to me.
All in all i really like this moisturizer. It does exactly what i want it to. It doesn't over saturate my T-zone or clog my pores and my dry patches are very happy. This pot will last quite awhile judging by how much there is and how much i use per day, but i will definitely repurchase once i'm finished.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by amyrose1592

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wasn't keen on this at first but I gave it a chance again and I really like it. I've recently bought a clarisonic and my skin cleared all around my t zone but i broke up around my jawline pretty bad. its very soothing and doesn't feel too heavy. i wear it over night and wake up with softer skin and my spots have not vanished but they are cooling down and clearing up day by day

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by jayb123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Its really expensive. Works well on super super dry skin, and heals it as it is super hydrating. It wont make your acne worse, as most moisturizers with shea butter because this one uses refined shea butter, so it actually helps heal acne rather than work backwards like most moisturizers containing shea butter do. Overall, I like the product, but stopped using it to use dermalogica. It is super expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Gretalin

I've used up a pot and I've already repurchased it this morning! I love everything of this moisturizer-- it's light weight, smells really nice and it moisturize. Although it's expensive, I think it totally worth every penny. I see so much improvement of my skin since I used this produce-- my skin is so much clearer.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

SO EXPENSIVE. And oily, heavily perfumed (although admittedly I liked the smell-like lavender!) this left my skin feeling silky, but in a gross "I have grease on my face" kind of way . Ya so anyway I broke out , and have officially given up on LUSH moisturizers. Wouldn't recommend for anyone

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by GGnumber1fan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

So the LUSH Vanishing Cream was the second moisturizer I had ever purchased from LUSH and that was a few years ago. I was interested as it's a moisturizer targeted for people who have oilier and acneic skin, which is what I have. I absolutely HATED it; it felt very greasy on my skin and I couldn't stand the smell either.
A few months ago, I re-gained interest to the LUSH moisturizers as I have been getting more into natural skincare for myself. I started using Enzymion, which is a great moisturizer by LUSH for people who have oily skin and hate the feeling of greasiness on their face, because it's an extremely light formula. I literally finished the whole pot and I had barely any problems with it, except for the fact that it left my skin the slightest bit dry. I felt I had to put on a generous amount on my skin to feel moisturized enough, even though my skin is already very oily.
Recently, I was talking to one of the LUSH employees I know very well. She is also a certified esthetician so I figured she would know a lot about skincare. When I told her I had been using Enzymion, and how I felt my skin needed more moisture afterwards, she told me it was because I wasn't giving my skin a balance. In other words, the only products I used on my skin were JUST products for oily skin, so I was drying out my skin with them.
That's when she recommended me Vanishing Cream, and even though I told her I hated it, she told me to try it again.
Vanishing Cream is the second lightest moisturizer that LUSH sells; therefore, it's safe enough to be used on oily skin, but at the same time, it has more moisturizing power than Enzymion, which is what I was looking for. It is also the third most expensive moisturizer that LUSH sells, selling at $42.95. In my opinion, it's definitely worth it for some of the ingredients included in this product such as rose water, lavender honey water, organic grapeseed oil, honey, jojoba oil, and witch hazel. These ingredients are known to be very beneficial to the skin.
So of course, I tried Vanishing Cream once again, and, surprisingly, it felt very nice. Maybe I was using it wrong the last time? Anyways, I use it after spritzing Tea Tree Water toner on my face, and I feel that it actually absorbs into my skin quickly, and doesn't leave a greasy residue. I have to say, I'm still not a huge fan of the lavender smell that it has. I know that some people though LOVE that smell. For some reason, I just don't like it so much, but it definitely won't stop me from using this moisturizer morning and night. And, it's great because it definitely moisturizes a bit more than Enzymion, and so I am not left with that slight dry feeling anymore. I feel like the rose water really calms my skin down, whereas the lavender helps balance the oil production in my skin (great if you have very oily skin). The honey, jojoba and grapeseed oils, and the cocoa butter are what help moisturize the skin effectively. Also the witch hazel is awesome at tightening the pores.
All in all, I really do like this moisturizer. I notice that a little bit goes a long way, so it shows how long lasting this product is as well. You definitely want to make sure you use this moisturizer after using any one of the three toners LUSH offers, as they will make moisturizer in general work so much better on the skin.
I definitely would recommend this moisturizer to anybody who has normal to oily skin, that is sensitive and either has some or many breakouts caused by acne. It really is worth the price because it lasts such a long time and its ingredients are very effective.