LUSH Vanishing Cream

3.4

Linseed Infusion (Linum usitatissimum) , Water (Aqua) , Rose Water (Rosa centifolia) , Lavender Honey Water (Lavandula augustifolia) , Organic Grapeseed Oil (Vitis vinifera) , Honey (Mel) , Stearic Acid , Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis) , Witch Hazel Extract (Hamamelis virginiana) , Fair Trade Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Triethanolamine , Camella Oil (Camella japonita) , Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia) , Neroli Oil (Citrus amara) , Geranium Oil (Pelargonium graveolens) , Glycerine , Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin) , *Geraniol , *Limonene , *Linalool , Perfume , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

on 6/27/2015 2:50:00 AM

After having such good luck with Fresh Farmacy, I was really excited to try this when I got a free sample of it. Instantly I loved the smell and feel, as I have combination skin, my skin is too dry to go out without moisturiser, but it usually sits on my skin all day when I wear it. I thought I'd found a great product. However, I only used this for a few days during a break out and it made my skin break out much more! I had a lot of blemishes in areas I never usually got them, which is what made me think it was this product, although it's hard to be 100% sure of course. Luckily it was just a free sample, but I might avoid lush moisturisers as I've read similar reviews. :(

on 6/25/2015 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Well let me start off by saying I NEVER MOISTURISED. I have very sensitive, allergy prone and acne prone skin...sweet so lucky right? Anyways, I never liked to use moisturiser because it clogged my pores, even the "hypo-allergenic" cetaphil, and cerve. Anyway, most moisturisers are silicone based, and my skin HATES THEM the silicone may not penetrate your pores, but it does create a film over your face causing bacteria to be trapped ie P. Acnes ( the bacteria that creates acne) trapped under your skin.. No thanks...

Finally at 26 years old I have found a moisturiser that doesn't break me out!!!!
I love it, I took a lippie off because its expensive ! 46$ is pretty pricey!
But I shouldnt even complain ive spent alot more than that on useless products that didnt even work. I am even going as far as to saying its my HG moisturiser.

I also think that my allergy prone skin to alot of makeups was due to severe dehydration in my epidermis, I have no protection from environmental or chemical substances and my skin went immediately into attack mode....little bumps that looked like pimples at times but was from a allergy... rashy looking.

BUT here comes in vanishing cream..... it has made my skin stronger and softer, without using silicone, but nutrients and ingredients that nourish it and contain fatty acids. And by strengthening my skin I am able to wear foundations and powders before that used to bother me. Yay

Thank you lush!!! Never discontinue this

on 5/17/2015 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff. It really helps me control my breakouts. It never makes my pores feel clogged, yet still softens and evens out my skin. It's moisturising, super-lightweight, and even gets rid of the odd spot here and there. My skin is so thankful for this moisturiser, it's so gentle too and I've had my big pot for 6 months now and it's only 2/3s done. I use this every day under makeup and Gorgeous at night. Only thing is that it's not super effective on dry or flaky patches.

on 5/3/2015 11:03:00 PM

LOVE THIS! It dries nicely and doesn't feel heavy, isn't sticky and it good for my sensitive/combination skin. I use this moisturiser every night (not during the day only because it doesn't have SPF) and will definitely repurchase. The only downside it the packaging- if you travel with this product and open it after, the moisturiser goes everywhere which is a pain. Wish lush would do something about their packaging for runny products, but maybe it's just me :)

on 4/11/2015 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have been suffering from moderate acne throughout my teenage years, the kind that happens mostly on the the T-zone. It wasn't the worst, but it was bad enough to put a damper on my self-esteem. I've spent hundreds and dollars on face products, from drugstore brands to the higher-end ones. Now, I am not a big fan of moisturisers given that sticky feeling they leave in their wake, but this one absorbs so quickly you can even forget that you've ever put it on. It leaves my skin feeling nice and moisturised, which is something I have never gotten from my previous products. It was not very nicely-scented to me at first, but it kind of grew on me. I was really doubtful about this at first - how could one product pack this many benefits? Thankfully, this proved me wrong. My face has been clearing up ever since I've started using this, and my face was also noticeably less oily after using this in two days! This isn't an exaggeration at all - I bought and used this over the weekend and my friend asked me if I had put my Biore Perfect Face Milk again on Monday, because my skin looked matte, which I hadn't. I don't know what I would do without this.

on 12/11/2014 5:26:00 AM

So since I am just about to make my second purchase of this product, I thought I would share my review. I have combination skin, with visible breakouts on my T-Zone. I'm using the Lush Tea Tree water but also needed a moisturizer for even with breakouts, it is always recommended to keep your skin moisturized. I needed something that was light and non greasy and that smelled nice. Lush was the go to place. Upon my first purchase I was kind of skeptical since the price was hefty but considering it targeted acne prone skin I thought I'll give it try. It's great! Light and non greasy. I only put it at night since I use Clinique's BB crème in the morning. But I sure wake up with a glow the next morning. I have noticed my breakouts get much better. The Vanishing Cream is no treatment, but it's preventative and well-suited for acne prone skin, adding a nice glow to your face. I love it, definitely repurchasing. (Price is indeed hefty but it goes a long way).

on 11/11/2014 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm 21 and have extremely acne prone skin that I have been struggling with for years. My breakouts are both hormonal and triggered by sensitivity. My skin is normal in the t-zone and prone to dryness on the cheeks and nose. I have used most skincare ranges over the years in search of the perfect one. I have found that my skin does best with more natural and gentle ranges than those containing harsh chemicals. Although my skin was fairly clear while using retinol and glycolic acid it looked old, tight, and hurt. My skin was very irritated and it did nothing for hormonal breakouts. I seemed to always have dry acne and clogged pores under the skin that would never come to a head especially along the jaw line. I then switched from a routine of Oskia, Omorovicza, Peter Thomas Roth, Paula's Choice, Ole Henriksen, First Aide Beauty, and Sunday Riley to Origins. I did see some improvements in the condition of my skin but not in my acne. Being a lover of all things Lush I finally decided to try their fresh face masks. Using Brazened Honey and Cosmetic Warrior I saw a vast improvement in my skin. I finally decided to make the switch to Lush skincare and I can not be happier. I think the vanishing cream has done the most good out of all the products. It soothes my skin, balances it, plumps it up, and makes it glow. And, my biggest concern acne has completely vanished as the name would imply. I had gotten to the point where I did not think that would be possible, but thanks to this cream it is. It is also diminishing the redness from past acne marks without the use of retinol. I am very pleased and will continue to purchase this cream. For reference I am also using their Ultrabland, Angels on Bare Skin, Dark Angels, Tea Tree Water, Enchanted Eye Cream, Toner Tabs, Mask of Magnaminty, Ayesha and Oatifix fresh face masks.

Good moistuizer but too expensive

on 10/2/2014 7:50:00 PM

This is a light, pleasantly-scented moisturiser that absorbs quickly. I have quite sensitive skin but did not get any irritation or breakouts from this. It's not quite moisturising enough for my drier patches, but would be perfect in summer for a normal/combo/possibly even oily skinned person.

on 7/6/2014 10:30:00 PM

Rejoice, my skin, for you have finally found a moisturizer that suits you.

My combination-to-oily, extremely acne-prone, and fussy skin has never met a moisturizer it liked. I've had limited success with a few moisturizers from higher-end brands, but due to cost and reformulation issues, have not been able to stick with them. Most drugstore and "natural" brand moisturizers have made my skin crabby, so I've always avoided them. I was skeptical when the SA at Lush swore this one would be different.

Healthy skepticism notwithstanding, I've been extremely pleased with this moisturizer. I mostly apply this at night as the ending point of my skincare routine. In hand, it feels like it will be too emollient and greasy, but as soon as I spread it onto my skin, it really does start to "vanish" almost immediately. A minute or two after application, it has sunk in completely, leaving a velvety-matte finish and skin that feels comfortably moisturized but not even the slightest bit greasy. A little does go a long way, too.

A couple of quick tips: It does smell of lavender and the smell lingers for a while, so if you dislike that scent, you're better off avoiding. It works best when I apply it on skin that is slightly damp rather than totally dry. Also, the lotion itself is a bit on the runny side, so the pot packaging is not totally ideal - be careful when screwing the cap off when the jar is still new/full and watch that you don't tip the jar over. Lastly, there ARE some typically "comedogenic" ingredients in this. They don't bother my acne-prone skin a bit, but my acne triggers seem to be different from many acne-prone folks, so as always: a patch test is strongly recommended before slapping it on all over.

This product has finally allowed me to use moisturizer on a daily basis again, which has really helped my skin's moisture balance. It's not a cheap product, but given how well it works for me and how little I need to use for my entire face, I am quite happy to keep repurchasing.