December 21, 2014 | 1359 users online

Lip Liners - Urban Decay - 24/7 glide-on lip pencil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by evanlami

I have this in Naked and I just adore it. It's a wonderful nude color that goes great with the Sephora cream stain I have. This lasts all day and doesn't dry my lips out like a lot of other lipliner. Definitely recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by zora

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

The shade I use is "Liar" -- a medium pinky fig that looks nothing like the swatch on Urban Decay's website. It's an unusual colour that straddles the line between assertive and natural and flatters my neutral olive-y skin. The endurance and creamy texture of these pencils are superb, with or without a coat of lipstick. I suspect I'll use it up fairly quickly; it does need sharpening about every second application. For that, and the elevated price, I removed a lippy but (sadly) won't hesitate to buy another.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Color in BANG: purchased to use with my Lipstick queen Jungle queen and it works perfect. Pricey, but wears well. Smooth application. Until I find a less expensive dupe, this is my liner for coral-orange lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I mostly use this as an eyebrow pencil, since I have bright red hair and want to match my eyebrows. There are many red lip pencils and I've gone through many of them, and I've come to the conclusion that this, MAC Cherry and Illamasqua Creative are the pencils that work for my hair color, so you can say they are dupes for eachother. This one is creamier than MAC Cherry though, which is less suited for eyebrows, and that makes MAC Cherry my go-to for eyebrows.

But of course I will review this as it is, which is exactly a lip liner. Most lip liners tend to be on the dry side, and I realize why. That's because the drier the formula, usually, the longer it stays on. Not with this one! This didn't dry my lips out at all, it was almost moisturising, and you can use this alone without lipstick with no problem at all, for a matte red lip. And it stays on for several hours as well! It's creamy and glides on easily and is opaque with one stroke.

I think that if a lipstick needs a lip liner or that if a lip liner needs a lipstick, they aren't good enough by themselves, I don't think they are worth the money! And since this is really good used alone and lasts for several hours, I think it's a great product, and not that expensive either.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by DiamondsAndWhiskey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ugh these are my absolute favorite. Beautiful colors, stays on alllll day. Not a day goes by that I don't use these!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by mcutting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got my lip pencil free with a purchase at Ulta, and they don't sell the full sized product. They claim it's "naked" but it's definitely not. Either way, this is by far the best thing I have ever used on my lips. NOT ONLY is it creamy enough to line my lips with perfect precision, but it will act as sort of a lipstick as well. I wear this by itself all the time and it stays on for a remarkable amount of time with nothing to set it (although, I do usually throw one of my mac lipsticks over it.) It layers really nicely with a lipstick and gloss and is basically an all-in-one tube of awesome.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Although this pencil wears well and sharpens easily, it is not the greatest lip pencil. The texture is creamy therefore it slips into fine lines a bit. I prefer a lip pencil that is slightly dry and matte to keep lipstick and gloss from traveling into fine lines.

The color I have Manic works well with most plum/rose shades. It matches both Manic and Rapture lipsticks well.

Overall I would not repurchase. The price is high for what you get and the constant need to have a sharpener around is a pain, I prefer an automatic pencil for lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by rainebowen88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this lip pencil. So much pigment and glides on easily. Since my skin is so sensitive, sometimes I cheat and use super bright colors, which I really shouldn't. If I use it for 3 days in a row, my lips will get itchy but that is just me. Overall, I will stick with this liner for night outs, etc

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

Recently I've been using lip liners a lot more than I ever used to - they really to help your lipstick last pretty much all day! I love pink lipsticks and was using an old Prestige pencil (I think the name was Silk?) until it finished up. It was okay, nothing too special, but the shade was rosy-pink, rather than that brown-pink a lot of brands like MAC have an abundance of. I bought one of the newly formulated Urban Decay lip pencils in 'Native', a lovely pale-toned pink. It has great pigmentation, glides on evenly and really acts as an anchor for your lipsticks. Holds up well during eating and drinking too!

I've used it with Pink Plaid, Please Me, Angel and even Snob lipsticks and it's so flattering and hardly changes the colour underneath. Very happy with my purchase. My tip for an ultra long-lasting lip; apply lip balm, wait 5 minutes, blot, apply MAC Prep + Prime Lip, wait until tacky, apply lip liner, one swipe of lipstick, blot, and another swipe. Amazingly long-lasting lips!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

Urban Decay makes some of the best prestige lip pencils, in my opinion. I think they're great because they're so pigmented and matte and long lasting, which makes them transfer resistant, something that works for a lot of people. Filling the lips in with these also help to make lipstick last longer too. The only thing that I dislike is that they don't come in more shades! I wish there was a bright pink, some reds, some darker colors, etc. Other than that, this is a great product.