Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on lip pencil

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have this lipliner in the colour "Mauve", mainly because it's one of the only good mauve-coloured lip pencils in the market despite very, very many mauve lipsticks. The lipliner is easy to apply, rich in colour, and lasts for several hours but it needs to be re-touched whenever the lipstick is being touched up as well.

on 4/25/2015 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have recently started using Ozone to line the outside, Turn On to fill in and pretty much any lipstick over that...especially fond of Sheer Revolution in Lady flower!!
The staying power is just incredible. I've never had a lip liner last so long...even after eating.

on 4/21/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm pretty new to lip liners but after trying these I'm so hooked. They're buttery soft, but not overly so where they wear off too quickly, they have great longevity, they apply easily without tugging or skipping, and the color range is great. Also, it doesn't dry out my sensitive lips as other lip liners have done (Charlotte Tilbury, MAC). I've been looking for a true baby pink color to wear with all my pale pink lipsticks and glosses and I finally found it within this range.

Native is exactly what I've been searching for... a light, pale neutral pink with a milky undertone. It's a beautiful color and doesn't wash out my pale NW10 skin. I use it to lightly line the outer edges of my lips and I also use it to fill in my entire lip. I love that it's opaque, so it covers my fairly pigmented lips perfectly, which is fantastic when I'm going for a truly pale lip.

I've been using this so much since I bought it about a month ago. Eventually I'd like to get a couple more liners from this line... maybe a beige/nude color and a medium rosy pink. Lovely range of color options so it won't be hard to find a few!

on 2/24/2015 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My very favourite lip pencil that I have ever used. Its creamy, easy to apply and stays on all day. Right now i only have one colour in the line but I plan to slowly purchase every single colour in this range. I find this to be 10x better than any other lip pencil espically mac because those tend to be drying.
I will forever be repurchasing this item.

on 1/12/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Picked this up in the shade Turn On after Essiebutton recommended it (I'm game to try anything she recommends) and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed.
I have had this in Naked for quite some time and really enjoyed that shade as well for a nude lip, but Turn On is a gorgeous pink/mauve shade that is perfect under Wet N' Wild's Megalast lipstick in 907C 0 Mauve Outta Here. Paired together, my lips look plush, pink, and gorgeous.
I love these pencils (in spite of their ridiculously high price) because they are creamy, apply easily, and are fairly hydrating, but still stay put like nobody's business. They also do a great job of improving the wear-time of whatever lipstick you wear over top, but make no mistake - these babies are gorgeous on their own. If they made a full-on lipstick in the same exact formula, I'd be all over that.
The packaging is pretty, but otherwise a fairly standard pencil that needs to be sharpened. I prefer a retractable lip pencil, as I feel they waste less product, and seeing as this pencil is quite soft, a lot of product will be wasted when sharpened. Not too impressed with that, but the product itself is fantastic, so I'll let it slide.
These pencils are $20 at Sephora, which I feel is grossly overpriced for a lip pencil. The price is probably the biggest flaw. But until I find a dupe of the two shades I own, I'll repurchase.

on 1/3/2015 1:49:00 PM

Generally I don't buy make-up without checking make-up alley first, but this time I decided to trust the Ulta girl's expertise and asked her which brand had the best, reasonably priced, lipliners. She told me Urban Decay so I went ahead and bought three shade.
I've been wearing just lipliners on their own lately, no lipstick. I like the look - it's more subtle and I don't have to reapply. I have very fair skin and dark blonde natural hair. I opted for Native, which is a light pink - that kind of 60s look. I wear this colour nearly everyday. I also got Bang - which is a bright red/coral. I wear this least often but is great for that striking look without being overpowering.
I love lipliners because the bright colours are buildable. I find these stay put for most of the day if I don't put lipbalm on first - otherwise they slip off.
The price hurts, especially as I just lost one, but I tried Sephora's brand lipliners before hoping for a cheaper option and they are terrible compared to these, so I will buy again.

on 11/19/2014 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in Naked and I just adore it. It's a wonderful nude color that goes great with the Sephora cream stain I have. This lasts all day and doesn't dry my lips out like a lot of other lipliner. Definitely recommend it!

on 10/13/2014 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

The shade I use is "Liar" -- a medium pinky fig that looks nothing like the swatch on Urban Decay's website. It's an unusual colour that straddles the line between assertive and natural and flatters my neutral olive-y skin. The endurance and creamy texture of these pencils are superb, with or without a coat of lipstick. I suspect I'll use it up fairly quickly; it does need sharpening about every second application. For that, and the elevated price, I removed a lippy but (sadly) won't hesitate to buy another.

on 8/29/2014 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Color in BANG: purchased to use with my Lipstick queen Jungle queen and it works perfect. Pricey, but wears well. Smooth application. Until I find a less expensive dupe, this is my liner for coral-orange lippies.

on 6/30/2014 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I mostly use this as an eyebrow pencil, since I have bright red hair and want to match my eyebrows. There are many red lip pencils and I've gone through many of them, and I've come to the conclusion that this, MAC Cherry and Illamasqua Creative are the pencils that work for my hair color, so you can say they are dupes for eachother. This one is creamier than MAC Cherry though, which is less suited for eyebrows, and that makes MAC Cherry my go-to for eyebrows.

But of course I will review this as it is, which is exactly a lip liner. Most lip liners tend to be on the dry side, and I realize why. That's because the drier the formula, usually, the longer it stays on. Not with this one! This didn't dry my lips out at all, it was almost moisturising, and you can use this alone without lipstick with no problem at all, for a matte red lip. And it stays on for several hours as well! It's creamy and glides on easily and is opaque with one stroke.

I think that if a lipstick needs a lip liner or that if a lip liner needs a lipstick, they aren't good enough by themselves, I don't think they are worth the money! And since this is really good used alone and lasts for several hours, I think it's a great product, and not that expensive either.

Popular Lip Liners