Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on lip pencil

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Turn On, which is an ideal shade for my pigmented lips and fair skin. I had an Urban Decay makeup artist use this on me, and I found it to be beautiful, and I wanted to try lip liners, so I bought this. It is crazy expensive, but the formula and color is quite nice. I find it's smooth and glides on the lips nicely. It is also very long wearing and works very well paired with a lipstick that needs a little help in the wear department. However, I find it sharpens TERRIBLY. I have a new sharpener, and the tip is so soft it just gets smushed and the wood is hard to cut. I cry every time I have to sharpen this, because I just end up wasting so much expensive product. Again, I love the color and formula, but I would ultimately not repurchase because of the price and the packaging. There are cheaper lip liners out there that sharpen better or come in retractable that wear just as long. It's a great product to have and to try, but I don't find it to be worth the price unless they make this retractable.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This review is for the formula of the pencil in general which is really one of the longest-lasting lip liners on the market.

PROS:

1. Lasts for hours, even if you drink coffee. The lipstick may wear off but the liner will stay.
2. Naked, Naked2, and Stark Naked are creamy and the pencil is smooth to apply.
3. It comes in a wide range of colors but I'm only familiar with three. Stark Naked is pure beige, so I can only wear it with nudes. Naked2 is similar to MAC Spice but not an exact dupe. Naked is a pink/nude that is close to a natural lip shade.

CONS:

1. $20 is kind of high.
2. You have to sharpen it.
3. Sometimes, because it's so soft, the tip gets dented or smushed.

Overall, this is one of the best long-wearing lip pencil formulas and worth a look to see if there's a good color for you.

UPDATE 2.5.16: In the Gwen Stefani Collection, I bought Ex-Girlfriend, a gorgeous dusty nude-rose shade. I LOVE it.

As much as I love the colors of the Urban Decay lip pencils, I really wish they went on smoother. I own Anarchy and I have to drag an pull this pencil aross my lips instead of a creamier application like their lipsticks.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this lipliner in the colour "Mauve", mainly because it's one of the only good mauve-coloured lip pencils in the market despite very, very many mauve lipsticks. The lipliner is easy to apply, rich in colour, and lasts for several hours but it needs to be re-touched whenever the lipstick is being touched up as well.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have recently started using Ozone to line the outside, Turn On to fill in and pretty much any lipstick over that...especially fond of Sheer Revolution in Lady flower!!
The staying power is just incredible. I've never had a lip liner last so long...even after eating.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm pretty new to lip liners but after trying these I'm so hooked. They're buttery soft, but not overly so where they wear off too quickly, they have great longevity, they apply easily without tugging or skipping, and the color range is great. Also, it doesn't dry out my sensitive lips as other lip liners have done (Charlotte Tilbury, MAC). I've been looking for a true baby pink color to wear with all my pale pink lipsticks and glosses and I finally found it within this range.

Native is exactly what I've been searching for... a light, pale neutral pink with a milky undertone. It's a beautiful color and doesn't wash out my pale NW10 skin. I use it to lightly line the outer edges of my lips and I also use it to fill in my entire lip. I love that it's opaque, so it covers my fairly pigmented lips perfectly, which is fantastic when I'm going for a truly pale lip.

I've been using this so much since I bought it about a month ago. Eventually I'd like to get a couple more liners from this line... maybe a beige/nude color and a medium rosy pink. Lovely range of color options so it won't be hard to find a few!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My very favourite lip pencil that I have ever used. Its creamy, easy to apply and stays on all day. Right now i only have one colour in the line but I plan to slowly purchase every single colour in this range. I find this to be 10x better than any other lip pencil espically mac because those tend to be drying.
I will forever be repurchasing this item.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Picked this up in the shade Turn On after Essiebutton recommended it (I'm game to try anything she recommends) and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed.
I have had this in Naked for quite some time and really enjoyed that shade as well for a nude lip, but Turn On is a gorgeous pink/mauve shade that is perfect under Wet N' Wild's Megalast lipstick in 907C 0 Mauve Outta Here. Paired together, my lips look plush, pink, and gorgeous.
I love these pencils (in spite of their ridiculously high price) because they are creamy, apply easily, and are fairly hydrating, but still stay put like nobody's business. They also do a great job of improving the wear-time of whatever lipstick you wear over top, but make no mistake - these babies are gorgeous on their own. If they made a full-on lipstick in the same exact formula, I'd be all over that.
The packaging is pretty, but otherwise a fairly standard pencil that needs to be sharpened. I prefer a retractable lip pencil, as I feel they waste less product, and seeing as this pencil is quite soft, a lot of product will be wasted when sharpened. Not too impressed with that, but the product itself is fantastic, so I'll let it slide.
These pencils are $20 at Sephora, which I feel is grossly overpriced for a lip pencil. The price is probably the biggest flaw. But until I find a dupe of the two shades I own, I'll repurchase.

Generally I don't buy make-up without checking make-up alley first, but this time I decided to trust the Ulta girl's expertise and asked her which brand had the best, reasonably priced, lipliners. She told me Urban Decay so I went ahead and bought three shade.
I've been wearing just lipliners on their own lately, no lipstick. I like the look - it's more subtle and I don't have to reapply. I have very fair skin and dark blonde natural hair. I opted for Native, which is a light pink - that kind of 60s look. I wear this colour nearly everyday. I also got Bang - which is a bright red/coral. I wear this least often but is great for that striking look without being overpowering.
I love lipliners because the bright colours are buildable. I find these stay put for most of the day if I don't put lipbalm on first - otherwise they slip off.
The price hurts, especially as I just lost one, but I tried Sephora's brand lipliners before hoping for a cheaper option and they are terrible compared to these, so I will buy again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in Naked and I just adore it. It's a wonderful nude color that goes great with the Sephora cream stain I have. This lasts all day and doesn't dry my lips out like a lot of other lipliner. Definitely recommend it!

Popular Lip Liners