January 25, 2015 | 985 users online

Lip Liners - Urban Decay - 24/7 glide-on lip pencil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2015 10:19:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Picked this up in the shade Turn On after Essiebutton recommended it (I'm game to try anything she recommends) and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed.
I have had this in Naked for quite some time and really enjoyed that shade as well for a nude lip, but Turn On is a gorgeous pink/mauve shade that is perfect under Wet N' Wild's Megalast lipstick in 907C 0 Mauve Outta Here. Paired together, my lips look plush, pink, and gorgeous.
I love these pencils (in spite of their ridiculously high price) because they are creamy, apply easily, and are fairly hydrating, but still stay put like nobody's business. They also do a great job of improving the wear-time of whatever lipstick you wear over top, but make no mistake - these babies are gorgeous on their own. If they made a full-on lipstick in the same exact formula, I'd be all over that.
The packaging is pretty, but otherwise a fairly standard pencil that needs to be sharpened. I prefer a retractable lip pencil, as I feel they waste less product, and seeing as this pencil is quite soft, a lot of product will be wasted when sharpened. Not too impressed with that, but the product itself is fantastic, so I'll let it slide.
These pencils are $20 at Sephora, which I feel is grossly overpriced for a lip pencil. The price is probably the biggest flaw. But until I find a dupe of the two shades I own, I'll repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2015 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Brisbaneem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Generally I don't buy make-up without checking make-up alley first, but this time I decided to trust the Ulta girl's expertise and asked her which brand had the best, reasonably priced, lipliners. She told me Urban Decay so I went ahead and bought three shade.
I've been wearing just lipliners on their own lately, no lipstick. I like the look - it's more subtle and I don't have to reapply. I have very fair skin and dark blonde natural hair. I opted for Native, which is a light pink - that kind of 60s look. I wear this colour nearly everyday. I also got Bang - which is a bright red/coral. I wear this least often but is great for that striking look without being overpowering.
I love lipliners because the bright colours are buildable. I find these stay put for most of the day if I don't put lipbalm on first - otherwise they slip off.
The price hurts, especially as I just lost one, but I tried Sephora's brand lipliners before hoping for a cheaper option and they are terrible compared to these, so I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by evanlami

I have this in Naked and I just adore it. It's a wonderful nude color that goes great with the Sephora cream stain I have. This lasts all day and doesn't dry my lips out like a lot of other lipliner. Definitely recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by zora

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

The shade I use is "Liar" -- a medium pinky fig that looks nothing like the swatch on Urban Decay's website. It's an unusual colour that straddles the line between assertive and natural and flatters my neutral olive-y skin. The endurance and creamy texture of these pencils are superb, with or without a coat of lipstick. I suspect I'll use it up fairly quickly; it does need sharpening about every second application. For that, and the elevated price, I removed a lippy but (sadly) won't hesitate to buy another.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Color in BANG: purchased to use with my Lipstick queen Jungle queen and it works perfect. Pricey, but wears well. Smooth application. Until I find a less expensive dupe, this is my liner for coral-orange lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I mostly use this as an eyebrow pencil, since I have bright red hair and want to match my eyebrows. There are many red lip pencils and I've gone through many of them, and I've come to the conclusion that this, MAC Cherry and Illamasqua Creative are the pencils that work for my hair color, so you can say they are dupes for eachother. This one is creamier than MAC Cherry though, which is less suited for eyebrows, and that makes MAC Cherry my go-to for eyebrows.

But of course I will review this as it is, which is exactly a lip liner. Most lip liners tend to be on the dry side, and I realize why. That's because the drier the formula, usually, the longer it stays on. Not with this one! This didn't dry my lips out at all, it was almost moisturising, and you can use this alone without lipstick with no problem at all, for a matte red lip. And it stays on for several hours as well! It's creamy and glides on easily and is opaque with one stroke.

I think that if a lipstick needs a lip liner or that if a lip liner needs a lipstick, they aren't good enough by themselves, I don't think they are worth the money! And since this is really good used alone and lasts for several hours, I think it's a great product, and not that expensive either.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by DiamondsAndWhiskey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ugh these are my absolute favorite. Beautiful colors, stays on alllll day. Not a day goes by that I don't use these!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by mcutting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got my lip pencil free with a purchase at Ulta, and they don't sell the full sized product. They claim it's "naked" but it's definitely not. Either way, this is by far the best thing I have ever used on my lips. NOT ONLY is it creamy enough to line my lips with perfect precision, but it will act as sort of a lipstick as well. I wear this by itself all the time and it stays on for a remarkable amount of time with nothing to set it (although, I do usually throw one of my mac lipsticks over it.) It layers really nicely with a lipstick and gloss and is basically an all-in-one tube of awesome.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Although this pencil wears well and sharpens easily, it is not the greatest lip pencil. The texture is creamy therefore it slips into fine lines a bit. I prefer a lip pencil that is slightly dry and matte to keep lipstick and gloss from traveling into fine lines.

The color I have Manic works well with most plum/rose shades. It matches both Manic and Rapture lipsticks well.

Overall I would not repurchase. The price is high for what you get and the constant need to have a sharpener around is a pain, I prefer an automatic pencil for lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by rainebowen88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this lip pencil. So much pigment and glides on easily. Since my skin is so sensitive, sometimes I cheat and use super bright colors, which I really shouldn't. If I use it for 3 days in a row, my lips will get itchy but that is just me. Overall, I will stick with this liner for night outs, etc