Nivea Gentle Cleansing Cream Wash

3.0

on 5/12/2012 5:15:00 PM

This is inexpensive and good quality. It does not foam at all, and doesn't leave your skin feeling squeaky - this made me apprehensive at first as I would have deemed these very bad qualities in a facial cleanser but now realise that you only need minimal amount of 'stripping' to effectively clean your skin. I've found that my skin is so much more NATURALLY balanced now that I've switched to this ultra-gentle cleanser. My skin never gets oily during the day now, and I noticed a difference within a week of using this. My skin also breaks out much less.

One thing I must mention is that my skin is rarely sensitive to perfume. In fact, I generally like having a scent in my cleanser because I wash it off, and have fragrance-free moisturiser. If you have fragrance-sensitive skin this may not be the product for you, otherwise I seriously recommend it. It does have parabens, but I'm not convinced that they are particularly harmful ingredients.

on 7/10/2011 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This has far too much fragrance in it to be suitable for sensitive skin. I'm upset I wasted money on this product.

on 10/23/2010 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is hands down the best cleanser i have ever used. I first tried this about a month ago in a trial sample, and I have loved it ever since. The price is really good (7$ for 150ml) and it gives a really clean feeling, without being drying. Surprisingly, this product also cleared up the acne on my forehead. This is my new HG cleanser, and I will definitely repurchase!

on 4/2/2010 3:25:00 AM

I loved its gentle formulation and it made my skin feel soft and smooth, its not harsh at all

I find this product to stay true to it's gentle claim, but it may be a little too gentle. I don't think it does a whole lot in the was of cleansing. It hasn't made me breakout or have any skin issues, but I don't get the desired clean feeling after I've used it.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This product is OK. It does feel like you're washing your face with moisturizer. Too expensive to repurchase.

on 11/5/2008 8:48:00 PM

I have had no skin problems with this product, and I have quite dry skin. It is effective at cleaning the face but I find it kind of annoying how it does not lather at all... Its kind of like just putting moisturiser on a wet face then washing it off. And you are lucky to get one 'exfoliating bead' per dollop so if you are looking for an exfoliating cleanser don't bother. Will not repurchase, but it does do an ok job and left my skin feeling relatively soft, as it promises on the bottle.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This product is described as: "A gentle creme wash, which thoroughly, yet gently, cleanses dry and sensitive skin. The soft, creamy formulation, with moisturising Microbeads and a combination of Aloe Vera and Chamomile, protects dry and sensitive skin from the drying effect of water; soothing and softening the skin as it cleanses. Perfectly cleansed, your skin feels fresh, soft and comfortable."

This is hands-down, the worst Nivea product I have ever used. I normally love Nivea cleansers but this over-fragranced product gave me the worst dermatitis flare-up I've had in a long time. This left me with horrible dry, scaly patches all over my face. I cannot fathom how they can market this towards sensitive skin! Perhaps those with normal-dry skin will like it, but my bottle is going straight in the bin.