April 18, 2014 | 1225 users online

Mascara - ModelCo - Fat Lash

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by donveli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would recommend this mascara to those who need that extra volume and tinted look. It goes well with my favourite neutral palettes and instantly enhances my Lashes. I happen to have small droopy eye lids and this fits well. It can get messy though.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by sharonipwni

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the ModelCo Fat Lash Volumising Black Mascara version which is in a sort of elliptical shaped tube with a plastic brush and a large ball brush on the end. It's not exactly like the version in the picture above. Packaging feels like light, brittle plastic. Feels kinda light and cheap in my hands but I may be biased considering what I am about to say next, I'm really trying to be as objective as I can lol.

It's got a huge brush and I like big brushes, but this somehow manages to be clumsy. The ball brush at the end is useless and it gets mascara everywhere instead of being able to get into nooks and crannies like it's advertised for. I've not been able to use it without getting mascara on my lids. I can only use this if I am going for a grungy black smoky eye since this is just disgusting to use any other time. The formulation is wet but goopy. It clumps even with one stroke and leaves disgusting balls of mascara everywhere in the clumps. I tried cleaning it a bit first with a tissue. That helps with the clumps, but the brush is still rubbish. In any case I don't want to have to take extra steps just to use this mascara, I have a tonne of other mascaras which work great straight from the tube without wiping the excess gunk off with a tissue.

I used this about 4 times over nearly 2 weeks and really wanted to like this, as I do other ball brush mascaras (like Phenomen'Eyes) but this is just rubbish on me. I tried to use it more, I figured maybe I just wasn't used to it or I needed to get the hang of it, but f$%k it, honestly why waste my time when I have many many other mascaras I can use brilliantly without nearly as much effort.

I don't think I've ever used a worse mascara. I will admit my lashes are pretty decent to begin with. Maybe it'll work better on people who need more help in the lash department (trying really hard to be objective here).

If I'm honest I think it might have good longevity. Can't say if it gave me panda eyes or not as I only wore this with black smoky eye looks (they had to become smoky since it made a mess of my eye shadow each time)

Maybe older iterations of this mascara were great but the one I have is just freaking gross.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by xLongLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Crud. I received a full size Fat Lash mascara in a Bellabox (Australia) and gave it a shot today. The brush is huge and very clumsy, it has a big ball on the end to help you get into the inner corners. Good in theory but it was just messy. I curled my lashes first, then used this in layers to build up a good coating. It clumped easily and was rather wet. I might try it again but wipe off the brush with a tissue first, sometimes it's better if the mascara has been open a bit and dried out.

I wouldn't repurchase (though I didn't even purchase this one) LashBlast is cheaper and way more effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by suzieyeah

This is probably the best mascara I have used. I don't have the best eyelashes - they are very short and sparse. This mascara really brought them to life without the help of a curler. I am very happy with this product.
I paid $20 AUD. I'd definitely buy this product again!
For the people experience clumping, don't keep re-coating. I tried that and they didn't turn out very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by wendiizhou

Great everyday mascara! gives you plenty of length and volume! No clumps! Simple and easy to use!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by glittergatkes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Easy, non-clumpy application + nice fat lashes + great wear with no raccoon eyes + easy wash-off with soap and water = awesome. But it's SO expensive. When my last tube finally died, I spent $28 on four inferior attempts at replacement with drugstore products when I should have just ponied up the $22 for this stuff. Blah.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by ethnicdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this as seeing how much great reviews it was getting but was sorely disappointed due to such high expectations. It's nice but i wouldn't say it was great, it gives good definition, not much length, clumps when I try to coat a few times and get some volume. Overall I wouldn't purchase again, I only use it in combination to my other mascaras, because it doesn't hold curl very well as it's very liquidy so I feel it just doesn't do anything for my lashes. My lashes aren't short but they're fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by pandaeyes66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I originally had a sample of this and was so impressed i bought the full sized product. I think it was round $34 AUD.

It comes in the characteristic bright pink model co packaging with quite a thick tube.

As the name suggests this product gives gorgeous fat lashes.
I love using it in combination with Maybelline full and soft.

The only negatives are that this is not waterproof so it does run when splashed, and the writing on the packaging wears off after a while.

I do love this though and will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by JP20

I love mascaras. So whenever one crosses my path I'm usually on my way to the counter to pay for it. So when I saw this giant pink tube of mascara I knew I had to have it. Its one of the best mascaras I own. My lashes look fake from how thick they get. It really opens my eyes too. I feel so sexy after using this mascara. Fat Lash is definitely becoming a staple in my makeup routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by littlepickle

I received this mascara, full size, as a GWP when buying another of ModelCo's mascaras. At first glance I wasn't impressed - stumpy brush, dry feeling formula. But after giving it another go, and playing around a bit, I really quite like it. Once you have your technique down (for me, this is switching back and forth between my eyes as I build up the layers, giving each layer a few seconds to set, but not too much), you can build up your look from natural to dramatic without clumping.
I really love the hot pink packaging, though I felt the mascara as a whole was a little small. One thing I found frustrating with this mascara was the constant flaking after a few hours wear. I like to wear my mascara all day, so this is a pain for me. However it is easy to use, and since I got it free, I can't complain about the price. Seeing it for retail sale though (I think it's around $35-40 here) I don't think I'd purchase it again. I'd rather save an extra $15 and buy DiorShow.