OPI Tickle My France-y

4.6

on 5/29/2015 11:59:00 AM

Waiting for my nails (freshly painted in this color of course!) to dry as I excitedly type this review.

As you may know already, a color that looks great in the bottle may not translate well on your nails. This is the exact opposite: it looks so plain, unattractive, and boring (to some at least) in the bottle - BUT, I feel this could be "THE Nude Color" for a lot of people.

Why? It's quite translucent in the first coat but still shows an even coat for color, so would work well for light skin tones (no streaking despite one coat! a rare find indeed).
Two coats gives more of a rosy-mauve finish, best for medium skin tones.
Three coats give a slightly darker but equally beautiful nude-mauve color which would complement darker skin tones very well. (FYI I am MAC NC 30 and I apply one to two coats).

I'm a nude nail polish junkie and am forever on the hunt for the perfect nude polish. Lots of disappointments because eg. color too transparent, too streaky or uneven application, color is too light to be a natural nude....This ends the search. For good.

HG nude nail polish!!

(Sidenote: recently got OPI Big Apple Red, which is a gorgeous true red, obsessed with it as well! Check it out if you're into reds. You're welcome!)

[Planning on starting a beauty blog, so pls kindly rate if you find this helpful/unhelpful! Thank you so much xx]

on 4/25/2015 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love it

on 4/25/2015 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

A nude-ish mauve color that looks like a dusky pink on my skin when I'm tan. It can go on a little streaky if you apply a thin coat. I usually apply 2-3 coats and then top it off with Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. The result is a neutral, nude, glossy manicure. I would recommend this to people with light to medium skin who like nude/natural nail colors.

on 3/9/2015 2:01:00 PM

This is my go to polish for professional looking nails. Also like this with INM Northern Lights top coat, which makes it look more interesting without being OTT. Wear time is pretty good, being light, small chips are not immediately obvious. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 is because I can't get overexcited about nudes.

on 2/11/2015 2:47:00 PM

What a great color for every day wear. When it started to look a little dull, I added a coat of Essie "Sparkle on Top." Fantastic!

on 1/20/2015 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Looked so "blah" and boring on me. A pinky nude that just did nothing for me.

on 12/19/2014 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love! So pretty, without looking old-ladyish. Classy mauve-pink, bordering on a nude look. My only complaint is that it seems to be chipping quicker than usual for me.

I love this polish. I love nail polish but most colors I love in the bottle I only love for a day or 2 on my nails, and it's drying to your nails to repaint them all the time. So I like to stick to clear or a nail growth product that's clear and leave it at that. Or I will use Essie Ballet Slippers or Mademoiselle, but they streak on me and I'm not sure if it's the product or my wobbly hands. Anyhow, Tickle My France-y is amazing! It's a beautiful color, a nude pinky mauvey blush tone. Very light but it's not that gross nude where you look like you have skin on your nails or you have jaundice. It's just a light mauvey pinky nude that brightens up my hands, makes them look maintained and feminine, and I think it's entirely work appropriate. I think this is going to be my go to color from now on. Two coats with no base coat is working great for me. Much less streaky than Essie and Zoya, though I do love them for their lack of bad ingredients. But Tickle My France-y is my new favorite neutral. It's just enough color to make me feel like I'm actually wearing something pretty on my nails without being dark (which can be bad for me because no matter the base coat brand I've tried, I get stained nails, and I hate base coats because I like 2 coats of polish and the more I pile on the more I get dents and dings) or too young. I grew up loving glitter and off the wall colors but as a woman in my 30s I like to look more put together and mature and this fits the bill. Highly recommend. I tried a darker OPI and didn't love the consistency but I really loved this shade so hands down, a new favorite for sure.

on 10/5/2014 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Yes yes yes I will totally recommend this to everybody! To me, this is a very fall color. It's mauvy, professional looking and very elegant color that would suit fall fashion in my opinion :) I can't stop looking at my hands with this on- this color seems to elongate my hands and fingers like what another said. :) I asked a guy what he thought of this color and he said "pretty and mature" :) to me, this color is not nude, but a dusty light purple.... That's what it looks like on me anyway. I love it! Great day to night color :)

on 7/22/2014 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was concerned this would be too cool toned/grey based for me to pull off as it has a slight lavender cast in the bottle (which usually equals corpse hands for me as a very fair girl with yellow undertones) but I was very suprised this is a beautiful, wearable mauve pink which when applied with one or two coats gives a very wearable sheer nude pink which screams neither pink or purple, I get more of a cool toned beige rose with a hint of mauve. Makes nails look buffed up and healthy. I would consider this a great staple for those who are hard on their hands and can't maintain a high maintenance polish job, this will wear away without looking noticeable or obvious you have chips. Very fast drying. Nice alternative shade and less pink/rosy than Dulce De Leche which is not the right shade for me. One of the best OPI nudes I have tried before - I expected pretzel my buttons to be my perfect nude but it was too beige/yellowy. This is feminine and classy and only just 'there'.

Top Rated OPI Products