December 22, 2014 | 1628 users online

Polishes - OPI - Tickle my France-y

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by yjanney

Love! So pretty, without looking old-ladyish. Classy mauve-pink, bordering on a nude look. My only complaint is that it seems to be chipping quicker than usual for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by CareBearReilly

I love this polish. I love nail polish but most colors I love in the bottle I only love for a day or 2 on my nails, and it's drying to your nails to repaint them all the time. So I like to stick to clear or a nail growth product that's clear and leave it at that. Or I will use Essie Ballet Slippers or Mademoiselle, but they streak on me and I'm not sure if it's the product or my wobbly hands. Anyhow, Tickle My France-y is amazing! It's a beautiful color, a nude pinky mauvey blush tone. Very light but it's not that gross nude where you look like you have skin on your nails or you have jaundice. It's just a light mauvey pinky nude that brightens up my hands, makes them look maintained and feminine, and I think it's entirely work appropriate. I think this is going to be my go to color from now on. Two coats with no base coat is working great for me. Much less streaky than Essie and Zoya, though I do love them for their lack of bad ingredients. But Tickle My France-y is my new favorite neutral. It's just enough color to make me feel like I'm actually wearing something pretty on my nails without being dark (which can be bad for me because no matter the base coat brand I've tried, I get stained nails, and I hate base coats because I like 2 coats of polish and the more I pile on the more I get dents and dings) or too young. I grew up loving glitter and off the wall colors but as a woman in my 30s I like to look more put together and mature and this fits the bill. Highly recommend. I tried a darker OPI and didn't love the consistency but I really loved this shade so hands down, a new favorite for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes yes yes I will totally recommend this to everybody! To me, this is a very fall color. It's mauvy, professional looking and very elegant color that would suit fall fashion in my opinion :) I can't stop looking at my hands with this on- this color seems to elongate my hands and fingers like what another said. :) I asked a guy what he thought of this color and he said "pretty and mature" :) to me, this color is not nude, but a dusty light purple.... That's what it looks like on me anyway. I love it! Great day to night color :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

I was concerned this would be too cool toned/grey based for me to pull off as it has a slight lavender cast in the bottle (which usually equals corpse hands for me as a very fair girl with yellow undertones) but I was very suprised this is a beautiful, wearable mauve pink which when applied with one or two coats gives a very wearable sheer nude pink which screams neither pink or purple, I get more of a cool toned beige rose with a hint of mauve. Makes nails look buffed up and healthy. I would consider this a great staple for those who are hard on their hands and can't maintain a high maintenance polish job, this will wear away without looking noticeable or obvious you have chips. Very fast drying. Nice alternative shade and less pink/rosy than Dulce De Leche which is not the right shade for me. One of the best OPI nudes I have tried before - I expected pretzel my buttons to be my perfect nude but it was too beige/yellowy. This is feminine and classy and only just 'there'.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by payjark

This is probably my favorite nail polish ever. The color flatters my skin so much and works well in the summer and the winter and any time in between. The formula is not streaky (OPI is always reliable ime) I love this color on long nails as well as shorter nail. It has a beautiful shine and 2 coats is sufficient. It's a nude/pink/mauve color that is perfect as a subtle color. I like this as a nude much more than any other nude I've tried because it isn't "fleshy" looking. I can't describe how much I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by moomooknickers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been wearing this colour for 6 years or so because it's timeless and not many people wear beige polish. I love this colour as it gives the look of long and sleek nails. Originally got it in place of Estee Lauder's white beige. Great warm beige, great finish and little waste. Well worth $20.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by outofherhead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have loads of nude polishes. My favorite for a couple of years has been Sally Hansen Gray-t escape, which is lighter and a grayish pink on me. This OPI is much darker but with a tan I'd still call it a nude. It didn't impress me in the bottle but it looks great on. Wonderful shine, creamy. Two coats was perfect, wore well like OPI is known for. When I first bought it I actually put it over the Sally Hansen Gray-t escape and one good coat covered it and looked great. Fans of nude polishes should give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A perfect rosy nude that applies both smoothly and evenly, either in one coat or two.
Definitely my year-round beige (thereby justifying the $11 price tag), which makes my nails look much healthier than they really are.

Absolutely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by vic21

I absolutely adore this nail polish. It's an extremely classy nude toned nail colour. It goes on like a dream and looks very glossy even without a top coat. I found I only needed 2 coats. I always get complimented on this polish and suits any occasion. I think I have found my go-to nude polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Aeneid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a lot of polishes and because of my job, I have been left disappointed with the lack of durability with my polishes. I was hoping that Illamasqua would be able to withstand the battering that my hands get (I'm a legal secretary so am constantly pulling massive files out of the cabinets, flicking through bundles of paper, typing and pulling documents in and out of paper wallets) but everything would chip after a few hours.

I decided to try OPI after seeing them on a discount makeup website and thought that 'Tickle My France-y' was the perfect nude.

The finish is great and is really glossy when the top coat is applied. It is also the perfect nude colour and so chic. I also don't need to use much and so this justifies the price as they are quite pricey polishes.

I am *very* impressed with the durability of this polish! I don't need to change my polish or do any repair work for an entire week. There is some wearing away at the tips as the week goes on but it doesn't ruin the whole look as the wear is very even and consistent. I am forever impressed when I check my nails and expect to see lots of chips given how much paperwork I go through every day and only see some wear at the tips. I fully recommend these polishes, you won't regret it!