August 30, 2014 | 1228 users online

Polishes - OPI - Tickle my France-y

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

I was concerned this would be too cool toned/grey based for me to pull off as it has a slight lavender cast in the bottle (which usually equals corpse hands for me as a very fair girl with yellow undertones) but I was very suprised this is a beautiful, wearable mauve pink which when applied with one or two coats gives a very wearable sheer nude pink which screams neither pink or purple, I get more of a cool toned beige rose with a hint of mauve. Makes nails look buffed up and healthy. I would consider this a great staple for those who are hard on their hands and can't maintain a high maintenance polish job, this will wear away without looking noticeable or obvious you have chips. Very fast drying. Nice alternative shade and less pink/rosy than Dulce De Leche which is not the right shade for me. One of the best OPI nudes I have tried before - I expected pretzel my buttons to be my perfect nude but it was too beige/yellowy. This is feminine and classy and only just 'there'.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by payjark

This is probably my favorite nail polish ever. The color flatters my skin so much and works well in the summer and the winter and any time in between. The formula is not streaky (OPI is always reliable ime) I love this color on long nails as well as shorter nail. It has a beautiful shine and 2 coats is sufficient. It's a nude/pink/mauve color that is perfect as a subtle color. I like this as a nude much more than any other nude I've tried because it isn't "fleshy" looking. I can't describe how much I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by moomooknickers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been wearing this colour for 6 years or so because it's timeless and not many people wear beige polish. I love this colour as it gives the look of long and sleek nails. Originally got it in place of Estee Lauder's white beige. Great warm beige, great finish and little waste. Well worth $20.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by outofherhead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have loads of nude polishes. My favorite for a couple of years has been Sally Hansen Gray-t escape, which is lighter and a grayish pink on me. This OPI is much darker but with a tan I'd still call it a nude. It didn't impress me in the bottle but it looks great on. Wonderful shine, creamy. Two coats was perfect, wore well like OPI is known for. When I first bought it I actually put it over the Sally Hansen Gray-t escape and one good coat covered it and looked great. Fans of nude polishes should give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A perfect rosy nude that applies both smoothly and evenly, either in one coat or two.
Definitely my year-round beige (thereby justifying the $11 price tag), which makes my nails look much healthier than they really are.

Absolutely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by vic21

I absolutely adore this nail polish. It's an extremely classy nude toned nail colour. It goes on like a dream and looks very glossy even without a top coat. I found I only needed 2 coats. I always get complimented on this polish and suits any occasion. I think I have found my go-to nude polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Aeneid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a lot of polishes and because of my job, I have been left disappointed with the lack of durability with my polishes. I was hoping that Illamasqua would be able to withstand the battering that my hands get (I'm a legal secretary so am constantly pulling massive files out of the cabinets, flicking through bundles of paper, typing and pulling documents in and out of paper wallets) but everything would chip after a few hours.

I decided to try OPI after seeing them on a discount makeup website and thought that 'Tickle My France-y' was the perfect nude.

The finish is great and is really glossy when the top coat is applied. It is also the perfect nude colour and so chic. I also don't need to use much and so this justifies the price as they are quite pricey polishes.

I am *very* impressed with the durability of this polish! I don't need to change my polish or do any repair work for an entire week. There is some wearing away at the tips as the week goes on but it doesn't ruin the whole look as the wear is very even and consistent. I am forever impressed when I check my nails and expect to see lots of chips given how much paperwork I go through every day and only see some wear at the tips. I fully recommend these polishes, you won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by summergirl8830

Well...first of all, the formula is fabulous. This is going to be a really easy polish to apply. I also liked the color after first coat, but it had bald spots so I put on another coat and the color became too brown. I wish I could give this polish 3.5 lippes but since that's not possible, I gave it 0.5 bonus lippie because the color seems to work on a lot of other people.

EDIT:
Omg I am in love with this color now. Under certain lightings, this color appears as a delicious pink/mauve/beige. I can't describe it but I'm totally into this color now. Upped my rating to 5 lippies and would totally recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by fabulyss

Nude/mauve/slightly pinky with absolutely no shimmer, but plenty of healthy shine. This combination could have gone very wrong; it's a delicate balance. I would have NEVER chosen this polish had I not been lured by the positive reviews and numerous swatch photos. In fact, in the bottle it looks quite sickly. On the nails, however, it's very 70's Bardot! I had been looking for a 70s nude and this definitely fulfills that for me. One thin coat will give you a very natural "your nails but better" look. Two coats give a milky mauve/nude and three coats is full-on opaque. I normally keep my nails on the short side but when I wear this I like to grow them out a bit as it's so elongating and flattering. (: It starts chipping within a few days (usually at the tips) but it's not too obvious and perhaps it's because I don't use base/top coats. Regardless, I can see myself using this one a lot.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by erikavelasco

A mauve-taupe colour, that is still feminine and girly. I have fair-medium skin and I think this suits me as a nude and as a slight colour to add some attention to my nails. It is a bit shear and needs 2-3 coats for full coverage. Depending on the lighting, the nail polish appears to be slightly pinky or brownish. It's an essential colour if you want more nude coloured polishes. xx