OPI Tickle My France-y

4.6

on 7/13/2015 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is just like my favorite shade of lipstick but for your fingertips - a creamy pinky-nude beige. I don't think you could ever go wrong with this all year round. I absolutely adore this shade. Not too light, not too dark & muddy. Don't let the shade fool you just by looking at the bottle alone. Simply classic perfection! *love* (For reference, I have a light/medium skintone with yellow/neutral undertones)

on 7/11/2015 9:44:00 PM

From OPI's France Collection for Fall 2008, Tickle My France-y is an absolutely perfect nude. This is one of my very favorite OPI's, it is so flattering and understated. Classic-looking and wearable year-round. Nudes are so tricky, but this one is exactly right. Creamy beige with just a hint of pinkish-mauve. Doesn't look muddy or dull. Dries to a shiny finish and it looks amazing on the nail.
Excellent formula. Slightly translucent after two coats, but fully opaque with three. No problems with application or wear.
Highly recommended if you're looking for a nude polish. I love it and I'd definitely buy it again.

on 5/29/2015 11:59:00 AM

Waiting for my nails (freshly painted in this color of course!) to dry as I excitedly type this review.

As you may know already, a color that looks great in the bottle may not translate well on your nails. This is the exact opposite: it looks so plain, unattractive, and boring (to some at least) in the bottle - BUT, I feel this could be "THE Nude Color" for a lot of people.

Why? It's quite translucent in the first coat but still shows an even coat for color, so would work well for light skin tones (no streaking despite one coat! a rare find indeed).
Two coats gives more of a rosy-mauve finish, best for medium skin tones.
Three coats give a slightly darker but equally beautiful nude-mauve color which would complement darker skin tones very well. (FYI I am MAC NC 30 and I apply one to two coats).

I'm a nude nail polish junkie and am forever on the hunt for the perfect nude polish. Lots of disappointments because eg. color too transparent, too streaky or uneven application, color is too light to be a natural nude....This ends the search. For good.

HG nude nail polish!!

(Sidenote: recently got OPI Big Apple Red, which is a gorgeous true red, obsessed with it as well! Check it out if you're into reds. You're welcome!)

[Planning on starting a beauty blog, so pls kindly rate if you find this helpful/unhelpful! Thank you so much xx]

on 4/25/2015 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love it

on 4/25/2015 1:18:00 AM

A nude-ish mauve color that looks like a dusky pink on my skin when I'm tan. It can go on a little streaky if you apply a thin coat. I usually apply 2-3 coats and then top it off with Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. The result is a neutral, nude, glossy manicure. I would recommend this to people with light to medium skin who like nude/natural nail colors.

on 3/9/2015 2:01:00 PM

This is my go to polish for professional looking nails. Also like this with INM Northern Lights top coat, which makes it look more interesting without being OTT. Wear time is pretty good, being light, small chips are not immediately obvious. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 is because I can't get overexcited about nudes.

on 2/11/2015 2:47:00 PM

What a great color for every day wear. When it started to look a little dull, I added a coat of Essie "Sparkle on Top." Fantastic!

on 1/20/2015 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Looked so "blah" and boring on me. A pinky nude that just did nothing for me.

on 12/19/2014 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love! So pretty, without looking old-ladyish. Classy mauve-pink, bordering on a nude look. My only complaint is that it seems to be chipping quicker than usual for me.

I love this polish. I love nail polish but most colors I love in the bottle I only love for a day or 2 on my nails, and it's drying to your nails to repaint them all the time. So I like to stick to clear or a nail growth product that's clear and leave it at that. Or I will use Essie Ballet Slippers or Mademoiselle, but they streak on me and I'm not sure if it's the product or my wobbly hands. Anyhow, Tickle My France-y is amazing! It's a beautiful color, a nude pinky mauvey blush tone. Very light but it's not that gross nude where you look like you have skin on your nails or you have jaundice. It's just a light mauvey pinky nude that brightens up my hands, makes them look maintained and feminine, and I think it's entirely work appropriate. I think this is going to be my go to color from now on. Two coats with no base coat is working great for me. Much less streaky than Essie and Zoya, though I do love them for their lack of bad ingredients. But Tickle My France-y is my new favorite neutral. It's just enough color to make me feel like I'm actually wearing something pretty on my nails without being dark (which can be bad for me because no matter the base coat brand I've tried, I get stained nails, and I hate base coats because I like 2 coats of polish and the more I pile on the more I get dents and dings) or too young. I grew up loving glitter and off the wall colors but as a woman in my 30s I like to look more put together and mature and this fits the bill. Highly recommend. I tried a darker OPI and didn't love the consistency but I really loved this shade so hands down, a new favorite for sure.

Popular Polishes