October 25, 2014 | 1073 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Khol Pencil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the white one to use on my water line. It's really pigmented and applies with no tugging. It really opens up my eyes, and adds a nice brightening effect to them. It's the only brand of kohl pencil that actually lasts on me. I'll keep repurchasing!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by misterashley

I read reviews on this and I was so excited to buy it! I thought it would be worth spending 18 dollars on this. Wrong. As soon as I put it on, ten mintues later I could see smears. It would smear down on my lashline and the corners of my eyes. The pencil does not sharpen well at all either. I gave up on trying to sharpen it because the wood would always break and the tip would fall off. I had it for about a week and I barely had any liner left because of trying to sharpen numerous times. DO not buy this product! There are many other liners out there that work better and are a lot cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by aliceayres

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only kohl pencil/product I've been able to use that wouldn't travel to far away from my eyes. It smudges nicely and appropriately (no raccoon eyes). For background, my eyelids are super oily, so I use UDPP first, so my results may not be applicable to someone else who doesn't use an eyelid primer. I also live in Vegas, and it has been able to withstand 110+ degree weather for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by brokencitysky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG KOHL EYELINER.
I am obsessed with filling in my waterlines (both), and I have tried a couple kohl liners, (Annabelle, Rimmel, etc...)
This one is so lovely for me. I don't get why people are saying it's not dark enough, because it is more than dark enough for me. It stays for a good while...not forever because I mean, it's still the waterline (not to mention I have teary eyes), but it's staying power is far superiour than anything else I have tried. Yes, it smudges, but it's supposed to. Weird, I know, but I put a little translucent powder under my eyelids and it's all good.
Ugh, I was so mad when it was out at Sephora and the woman there suggested me the Sephora brand Kohl eyeliner...ugh. (I don't really like Sephora products -_-;)
Anyways. It's kinda expensive, I think for me it was 12$ Canadian, which is a fair bit for a little pencil, but once it's back in stock, I'mma buy another one :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 8:34:00 AM More reviews by indiangirl1220

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the rest of the reviewers didn't like this product because they expected it to be like an eyeliner. It's not an eyeliner, it's khol (kajal). It is meant to be used on the waterline, and yes it is meant to smudge. Not smudge all over your face but smudge just below the waterline to create depth in the lower lashes and make the eyes appear bigger/dreamier. That's the look that people in other cultures (the cultures that use khol) find very alluring. This is also the look that i was going for, so I loved the pencil.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by rinarghz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have odd asian eyes where by my top eyeline does not meet my bottom lash line. It closes over my bottom lash line,

After using this product, it did not take long (~an hr) for me to start looking like a panda. This product smudges alot!
Luckily i received this eyeliner as a gift, because i would not purchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by moxie345

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been meaning to review this for a while now. As other reviewers have said, this is intended/formulated supposedly specifically for the waterline. However, it is the total OPPOSITE of that. It is awful on the waterline. On my waterline, this god-awful liner smudges/melts in less than an hour!! This is ok for lining the upper lash line but keep it far away from the lower lash line. At $17 a pop, I will definitely NOT be repurchasing this as there are much better options out there. Go back to the drawing board MUFE!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by mmakeup22

Nice and dark black. But smudged very badly. Don't like at all.

I don't know WHY I keep trying different eyeliners when nothing compares to my MAC technakohl. Very frustrating.

*edit*

I've been using this on my upper lash line only and with powder and i'm liking it more now. Just avoid on the waterline or lower lash line.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2009 8:46:00 AM More reviews by MsJuicyJ88

The one big problem I had with this product is that is was too soft but ironically that's also what I loved about it because it went on so smooth. When you try to sharpen it falls apart even with the most expensive shapeners made for these type of pencils.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

I bought this because it was specifically formulated for the inner rims of the eyes. To me this was not the best liner because it

1) is not creamy enough or dark enough, you need to go over your water line several times to get a dark line

2) fades and smudges pretty fast. in just under 2 hours, all the dark colour will have dissipated into my actual lash line, and there is no pigmentation on my waterline.

This product is going back to Sephora.