August 21, 2014 | 1837 users online

Mascara - NARS - Black Orchid

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by KateLilyReed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this when I'd just discovered Nars. I bought the famous Orgasm and was hooked, resulting in me purchasing lots of Nars lip glosses, lipsticks and foundation, all of which I LOVED.

Naturally, I thought their mascara would be of the same quality and bought this, but it wasn't as special as I'd expected.

Its a lovely shade of black and makes my lashes look dark, however there isn't as much volume or lengthening as I'd hoped for.

I'd recommend this if you're looking for a natural look. I use this on days I don't feel like wearing any makeup apart from mascara and some powder.

There is a tiny amount of product. I was expecting it to be bigger but its the same bottle as a Nars lip gloss.This wouldn't bother me if it hadn't been so expensive.

I would buy again, just because I like it for a daytime look..

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by audbentley86

Honestly i think this was the worse mascara i have EVER bought and i have tried a lot. I told the person at sephora i had sensitive eyes, they recommended this to me. It was a little expensive but they told me it was great..so i bought it and i was soo disappointed. It didn't do much for my eyelashes at all, no lengthening, no volume, nothing! And plus it was pretty close to impossible to take it off, i thought it was harder to remove than waterproof mascara. Do not waste your money on this product!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Ovenguard

I usually have an overlap period between mascaras, when one is almost finished I buy a new one. I was shocked to find that the NARS had less product in the tube than the one I was finishing. There was hardly any product in it. Thanks god I still had some of my Stila left! When I tried to apply to my lashes, it seemed that nothing really happened, no thickening, no length...it was the natural look. Like I had applied nothing. Expensive and a huge disappointment. I am usually a NARS lover, but this has made me question the quality of their products. DO NOT BUY THIS.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by bluestocking17

I have just finished a tube of this mascara. It provides very, very thick coverage - in fact, it has a tendency to clump if you try to apply it too quickly without leaving a moment to dry between coats. On the plus side, this means that it lasts all day, without flaking or sliding off. I'd say that this mascara is for thickening the lashes, rather than lengthening them. My main problem is with the brush - it's stiff and spiky, and doesn't hold enough mascara so you need to apply several coats. Also very expensive - 16.50 GBP

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a desent mascara. It is not waterproof but it last really well, does not clump on me, or flake or smudge even when my wand has been opened a couple of months already. I like the brush that is so small and I think it looks really neat on the outside. Okay it does not really give you the wawoom lashes but it is an ok basic. I think the black orchid is not black enough though, but if youre fair and not a fond of heavy eye makeup this might be just perfect for you. No irritation discovered with this one either.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

This mascara is awful. I bought it after it was written up in Lucky magazine, and I already was in love with Nars. Its the worst. It didnt really do anything but make my lashes look spikey. I love the packaging and I really wanted to love the results but it is no different than Maybelline great lash. Never buy this ever!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't purchase this actually, I tried it on at a Sephora and I was VERY disappointed. It did define my lashes but did not lengthen or curl. My lashes didn't have that VAVAVAVOOM that I like to em....like my CoverGirl Lash Blast which I am addicted to like the crack...::coughcough::

luv,
jessie

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by eternalstarangel

The SA at the NARS counter put this on me today and I was NOT impressed...it made my lashes feel heavy, clumpy and sticky, not to mention that it did not dry for a good long time after she applied it, and it got all over the place when I blinked. I can't comment on whether or not it held a curl or not as I went in without curling my lashes, but it did thicken and lengthen my lashes considerably...I don't think it's worth the sticky heavy feeling I have on my lashes right now though