A'kin Rose and Geranium Cleanser and Toner in One

4.2

Aqua (purified Australian water*), glycerin (botanical source), caprylic/capric triglceride (botanical source), sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, cetearyl alcohol (botanical source), sorbitol (botanical source), sodium stearoyl lactylate (botanical source), glyceryl stearate (botanical source), lecithin (from GMO free soy bean), squalane (from olives), butyrospermum parkii (certified organic shea butter), persea gratissima (avocado) oil (certified organic cold pressed Australian grown), macadamia ternifolia seed oil (cold pressed Australian grown), hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, panthenol (pro Vit B5), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil (cold pressed Australian grown), tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, hydrogenated palm glycerides citrate, xanthan gum, sodium isostearoyl lactylate (botanical source), stearic acid (botanical source), glyceryl laurate (botanical source), sodium gluconate (from GMO free corn), phenoxyethanol, sodium hydroxymethylglcinate, ethylhexlyglycerin, rosa centifolia flower water, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil, fusanus spicatus wood (West Australian sandalwood) oil, citronellol farnesol#, geraniol#, limalool#, *BP standard #from essential oils - A'kin products are free from sulfates, ethoxylates, parabens, propylene glycol, petrochemical cleansers, silicones, phthalates, mineral oils, DEA & artificial colours. - A'kin products are ingredient rich, vegan, using certified organic ingredients where possible, 100% natural botanical aromatherapy and formulated without animal ingredients or animal testing.

on 6/2/2015 12:38:00 AM

I have been using the Pure Facial Creamy Cleanser & Toner for over 15 years or more after my favourite natural goat milk cleanser was discontinued and have tried other products for sensitive skins (health shop skin products and expensive in between and I always go back to Akin as it is the only one the does not dry out my skin after cleansing and removes all makeup including waterproof mascaras without irritating my eyes! I like its creamy texture and feel it catches all the dirt and makeup off the face gently. Combined with Akin's intensive moisture antioxidant creme my skin stays calm without redness. I buy Akin products from a health shop in Elizabeth Street, Melbourne as it is slightly cheaper than some other retail stores and local health shops where I live. It lasts for ages too. My two sisters are using the cleanser after I gave them a sample of mine and they were hooked.
I am sure this product has helped my skin look so good where people have complimented how young I look and they are surprised to find out I am in the over 50s club!

on 7/10/2014 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Update: Not loving it for summer, I found that this clogged my pores and I just didn't feel clean using this. I don't think I will repurchase, but I think those who have dry skin that doesn't break out easily would enjoy this.

When I was in Sydney, I decided to get this because I remember Ruth Crilly liking this one a lot.

It really exceeded my expectations. I didn't expect to like it so much. In fact, LOVE.

It smells floral and rosy but not offensively. The cleanser is creamy as stated, no foaming going on here. It rinses off clean, leaving moist, soft skin behind.

I don't find it cleanses makeup off very well. My face looked clean but when I wiped my skin with a little oil and tissue after to check, there were still traces or concealer and bb cream. It is good as a morning and night second cleanse.

The important answer, it doesn't break me out!

The bottle has a one-way valve and is stored upside down and is understated in design, so much awesome.

I can imagine myself getting this again. It might seem expensive but you get 225ml, which will last quite a long time.

on 1/18/2014 5:47:00 PM

I've been using this for close to a month and this is probably the best cleanser I have yet to use. It doesn't dry out my skin and leaves it soft and smooth. I use a small amount, and wash it off after rubbing it on my face. I think it has a very subtle and pleasant scent.

on 1/8/2014 6:33:00 AM

Best cleanser ever for me. Love Love Love it. I am suprised that more people don't use this. I have used this for a couple of years and can't imagine using another cleanser. It is so creamy and delightful to put on your face. If I am having a dry skin day, I will put on and tissue off. if I'm having a normal day I will wash off. This leaves the skin smooth and glowing instantly. It smells beautiful, washes of clean with no residue and is a pleasure to use ( I may be going overboard, but I love this stuff). You don't need to use much so a bottle lasts a while. I am 38 and get confused for a twenty something, people always say it's because my skin is so fresh and young looking. The best regime if I want a fantastic skin day is to use this the night before, wash off (not tissue off) then use the akin cellular radience serum. The next morning I wake with the best skin ever.
I get this from Priceline (Australia) at around AU$35-$38. I wait for a sale and then stock up.

on 12/30/2013 3:47:00 PM

Didn't dry skin but did leave a film behind that wouldn't wash away. I have clear skin but it can be quite sensitive, I found this caused black heads and spots. Won't be using again.

on 11/10/2013 11:18:00 PM

this is my HG cleanser. i used to use foaming cleansers which stripped my face of its oils leaving it flaky n even drier. I've been using this cleanser for 4 years now and I cannot describe my love for it! Each bottle lasts a good year so it's very worth it for the price. I briefly switched to another Aussie natural cream cleanser (Botany Face Milk Cleanser) but it is nowhere as good as this. Highly recommend this if you have dry skin - it leaves your skin feeling soft, supple and nourished. I love the rose scented smell too, very natural

on 11/15/2012 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Had been meaning to buy oils to cleanse with, until I saw this on sale at priceline. The ingredients list sounded great, so I tried it out, and have been really impressed.
It states that the product can be tissued-off, but i prefer to massage it onto my face, and then rise off with lukewarm water, and lightly pat dry with a towel. I don't try to dry too harshly, leaving some of the oils in the cleaser on my face, helping to keep it moisturised.

4 lippies at the moment, as have only just started using over the last two weeks. We'll see how it goes over time, but so far is really good for maintaining moisture in my skin, and really glad I bought it so far.

Only problem I can think of is I can definately see how some might say it has an 'old lady' scent. It is very much scented that way, and whilst I don't mind it, I would prefer something more modern, or at least unscented.

________________
UPDATE 4/13: Changed this to 5 (from 4), really I cant think of any problems I've had with this. Was extra handy in a situation I needed cleanser but didnt have water. Very soothing and moisturising, would still prefer another scent but there's nothing wrong with this product at all, really nice.

My friend recommended it to me when I suffered several red/dry spots around my cheeks from Kiehl's brigtening cleanser. I use it to wash my face twice a day with my clarisonic and so far it does calm my skin down without any irritations.

What it does not help is my Blackheads and my oily T-Zone. I'm not sure is it because the Unscented 24 Hour Pure Moisture that I'm using or the Shea butter ingredient in the cleanser... but overall, it's still a good cleanser.

on 6/3/2012 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got a trial size of this from an aussie friend and will be forever grateful. I agree with the poster who said this might just be the best cream cleanser on the market, natural or conventional, it beats every other product I tried in this category.

I have dry skin, so I love cream or balm cleansers and have tried a lot. Many. From Eve Lom, Estee Lauder, Dermalogica, Ole Henriksen, Clinique and natural brands like Weleda, Hauschka, Trilogy and pharmacy brands like Avène, La Roche Posay and Bioderma. I like this one best. I think this resembles Cliniques comforting cream cleanser a lot, so if youre looking for a natural, environmental-friendly and cruelty-free alternative, I'm pretty sure you're going to like this. It's creamy, cleans impressively well (removes cream eye makeup and my MUFE f&b foundation with no problems) and really leaves skin refreshed, like you used a toner. Just lovely!

So, what's the drawback? Well, for sensitive skin, it would be that A'Kin for some reason chose to use one of the most dreaded essential oils, geranium, containing linalool, which many are allergic to (it's oxidized compund to be precise). And it's pretty high on the ingredient list, too. I was weary. BUT I am happy to report that this sensitive-skinned user have not had any reactions to it - I tell myself that the risk of this product oxidizing on my skin or in the tube is minimal due to the use of the product.

Very pleased with everything about this product, from performance to packaging (eco-friendly, biodegradable). Well done, A'Kin and thank you aussie friend for tuning me in on this brand!

on 11/10/2010 7:21:00 AM

Love it! Great for my dry skin. My skin feel soft and not so tight after cleansing (like what other brands do to my skin).
Price is ok and this product is natural so I love it even more!