December 20, 2014 | 910 users online

Gels/Soaps - Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Levox69

I stumbled across this whilst looking for Mitchell's Woolly Wash, (I knit, therefore I am), and thought it sounded and looked interesting, in an olde worlde, no-frills way.
I have sensitive skin, suffer from eczema and am acne-prone. MWF soap is fantastic for me, as it makes my skin feel squeaky clean, with no oily residue, while at the same time not being drying or irritating. It removes every trace of make-up, too. I even use it on my VERY sensitive 'downstairs', (sorry, but it has to be said,) with no ill-effects whatsoever.
I now buy it in boxes of 12, (which I keep, because I love the scent!) and consider it an absolute bargain at 2.50 per bar. I gave the packaging a 4, because it isn't posh, but the excellent price reflects this. I also highly recommend the Lanolin 'M' cream, which is a must for dry hands, the shaving soap, which smells heavenly, and the anhydrous pure lanolin, which is AWESOME for bedtime-sock treatment! It's transformed my husband's hideous, cracked feet!
My mother is 62 and has recently lost 6 stone. She says that MWF soap makes her thinning, loose skin look and feel better than any other soap she's tried. My sister has OCD and washes her hands 50+ times a day. Since passing on the MWF, her itchy, contact dermatitis is almost gone and her hands are transformed.
I don't write reviews, on the whole, but felt compelled to write this, as I swear by Mitchell's products, now. Obviously anyone allergic to lanolin couldn't use them, but they've made a big difference to my hands, feet, face, well, everywhere really! I love it. 10/10.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by LuthienTinuviel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For many years I've been under the assumption that bar soaps=dry, itchy skin. And that has certainly been true until my Mom happened to give me a few bars of this soap as a gift. It very quickly became my HG bath/body cleanser. Nothing else quite comes close to the lasting smooth soft skin I get when I use this soap and I especially appreciate it during the cold dry winter months here in western Pennsylvania. It's a bit hard to find, however, and a bit expensive (available on numerous soap e-tailers and averages around $7-8.00 for one large 5.29 oz bath size bar), but to me well worth the effort. It provides a nice rich lather with a very mild, clean scent somewhat reminiscent of the scent of Ivory Soap. Made in England and containing lanolin the listed ingredients are: Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palm Kenelate, Aqua, Parfum, Coumarin, Linalool, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Lanolin, C177891, Tetrasodium EDTN, Tetrasodium Etidronate.