October 23, 2014 | 848 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Bright Eyes Cream-to-Powder shadow - Bronze (150)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by beautifullydifferentface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hi! I bought this eyeshadow from the dollar tree in 110 buff. I must say that this does even out your skin tone if you apply all over the lid-browbone. But I would never buy at regular price or recommend because it barely has pigmentation. I like that it is a cream to powder, so I'll say that much for it. It does brighten your eyes some though. Still not worth it. I wouldn't waste my money.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2009 9:37:00 AM More reviews by starlakitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Bright Eyes Cream-to-Powder eyeshadow in the buff shade, for light skin tones. I didn't see that on here, but this is the same product as the one in bronze.

I didn't realize the product was cream, but that was my own stupid fault. I like the idea of having a lid and highlight color in one compact, since I do not bother with a crease color most days. I've been wearing this for 3-4 days now. The first day I wore it on my brow and I do not like my highlight color to be a cream shadow. But I do like it on the lids. It is very very neutral and will probably not even show up on the lid but it does what it claims and brightens up the eye area on its own. Since it is cream, it tends be a bit shiny so I take a matte cream shadow and put it over the color and then use my eyeliner. It makes my eyes look more awake and I don't find that it creases at all. Just prep your lid w/ some concealer.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by MyOhAmya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I agree with the other reviewers. This product is greasy, and creases instantly. I'll try using the lighter color in this set as a highlighter, but not as a shadown.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by biz23zy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this new almay bright eyes shadow in buff, and I totally agree with the previous reviewer, it was awful!! I came home from the store and tried it.....it burned my eye skin, and was so greasy that it creased instantly! I actually ended up washing my face five minutes later just to get the horrid stuff off my eyes...

This shadow is part of a three part new bright eyes collection, I bought the liner/highlighter duo from the new collection with this eyeshadow. The liner/highlighter duo I recommend, it was just fine, nice product.

BUT FORGET THIS SHADOW, they recommend you using the shadow with their eye base/concealer to prevent creasing and wear, but honestly there are so many shadow that don't crease and burn my eyes that I really am not going to bother with one that requires me to use two products to get the results. This is suppose to be a simple brightener for the eye, in my opinion this sort of shadow shouldn't require two steps. I actually don't trust that this would work with any base, it seemed as though there was too much grease in it for it to ever wear well...

Anyway....awful product, do not recommend at all, but if want something good from the new collection try the liner/highlighter duo :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 3:12:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This barely shows up at all until you gouge out a dap with your nail and really smear it on. It feels oily and unpleasant and definitely does not last very long at all. I tried it because it's new and was BOGOF but it's going back to CVS shortly. The regular price is $8.99. Completely disappointing.