Sephora Anti-Shine Primer

3.6

on 8/7/2014 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This product is amazing! My face is noticeably different when I do not use it. It is A LOT shinier. This works better than the 8 hr Mattifying Lotion. With the lotion, my face still gets shiny but with this Anti Shine primer, my face has less shine all day long! I've never combined both but since the lotion doesn't really do much, I don't imagine combining it will result in anything worth noting. If I ever do combine them, I will update this review so in summary: Anti Shine primer? Hell yea! Mattifying Lotion? I'll pass.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

NEW HOLY GRAIL PRIMER! I have very oily skin and I had been using the Smashbox Photofinish Light but I was getting tired of paying $38 which is the same price as a foundation! And I stumbled upon this and this is a LEGIT DUPE for the Smashbox Photofinish Light! LOVE LOVE LOVE this primer! HIGHLY RECOMMEND

on 8/27/2013 10:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Love, love, love the new formula for the Sephora Anti-Shine Primer! I have tried numerous (from MUFE HD, The Porefessional, 15 Hour Flawless, Becca Anti-Shine, Stila color corrector primer, Lancôme La Base, should I keep going?) and this one by far works the BEST on my extremely oily skin! I live in south Louisiana where humidity is no stranger to us! I also prefer to wear a full coverage foundation (regardless of time of year) to help cover discoloration in my skin, so needing a light weight primer is a must and this one is definitely light weight! The only other primer that has ever worked with my skin is the Urban Decay De-Slick in a Tube...which I can't find at my local Sephora anymore! Anyway, back to this! The only drawback I've ever had with this product is the packaging. When it gets to a certain point, the pump stops working, though I have an ample amount of product left in the tube. NOT COOL! All in all I would most certainly continue to repurchase, faulty pumps, or not!

on 4/13/2013 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

They used to sell this in a grey squeeze tube type bottle (amazing formula) and now they sell it in a tall white pump bottle (terrible) they call it the same thing but between the two packaging's they changed their formula and the new stuff sucks. It smells funny doesnt hold back any shine whatsoever and is way too expensive for what it is. Save your money.

on 3/27/2013 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Not really sure what I was thinking when I bought this primer. I guess I only bought it since it was $5. I prefer a primer that fills my pores and brightens my complexion. This didn't do that for me. I will not repurchase.

on 1/9/2013 12:40:00 PM

This did not do much for me other than cause my skin to break out. Did not help my makeup to stay on.

on 11/20/2012 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using monistat chafing gel as my primer for about 2 yrs. It covers my pores but I sweat so bad and it makes my oil shine through that it doesnt help much with that. I bought this on clearance for five bucks and love it! It def doesnt feel like a silicone primer, i get that it is kind of sticky when u first put it on but that sticky dries fast and all the oil along with it! My fav thing is it takes away any signs of flakieness under my foundation. U know where it looks like u need exfoliate but u did, thats been a prob for yrs and this primer fixes it completely. I still wear monistat over my cheeks where the pores are the worst over this primer. I have no idea how much this is normaly but ill def repurchase, im bout out and its lasted about 6 months.

on 8/17/2012 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Got this on sale for $5, so worth it. I wore the primer under just a little powder and it wore well all day. Would I pay full price? No. The scent is a little strong for me as well, this is why I could not give a full 5. Even after 5 minutes the scent was lingering. Kinda like spraying perfume on your face. Feel free to use your imagination here...

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have never really been too impressed with Sephora makeup products (aside from lipgloss), yet for some reason I continue to buy them. I was in desperate need of a primer when I bought this, and my local Sephora was out of my favourite product, so I got this as a cheaper alternative. First of all, this product is EXTREMELY sticky to the point where it was pulling hairs out of my brush. I ignored this though, and continued to use it. Also, my face is pretty oily around mt T-Zone so I was hoping this would help. NOPE, nothing. I was still oily 2 hours later. Oh well, I dont know what I was expecting. Overall, although I want to, I don't recommend this product at all. :(

on 7/20/2012 12:40:00 PM

Pricey, but I still like it...oil came out in about 7-8 hours.
It makes my skin really soft, smooth and matte after applying.

probably won't be repurchasing when I run out (which will be in a year or more since I don't have a need to use this much).

Popular Primer/ Correctors