September 20, 2014 | 968 users online

Lipstick - BeneFit Cosmetics - Silky-Finish Lipstick in Jing a ling

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Even though I could possibly shop my stash for the rest of my life - at only $10.00 from the Benefit website should I run low on this I could be quite tempted to replace it.

A very pale and pretty baby petal pink, looks like a lip gloss on as it's very glossy/shiny. Very creamy and moisturising formula which is probably a slight down-fall for this lippie as it doesn't tend to hang in there for hours on end and can get a little messy if you put too much on, but it does feel really comfortable and soothing on your lips. I don't mind topping my lippie up regularly so it's not a deal-breaker for me.

On my NC15 pale-ish skin tone I find this lipstick a perfect pairing with a very natural make-up look, BB cream etc and absolutely love the way this lipstick looks with a smokey / dark smokey eye, natural blush and hair up in a pony. This lipstick does not wear off gloopy either - a bonus for me as I can't stand the gloops!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

While I see that the reviews for this product are overwhelmingly positive, I can not say that I like this lipstick. It's an average pink. It's not anything great in my opinion. It's a pink with a little shimmer in it. It does not compliment my NC15 skintone.

It looks like I didn't quite get over the 60's. This lipstick is very "slick", doesn't last well at all. While I am not a person who tans or trys to maintain a bronzed look, the effect of this lipstick on me is that of an overly tanned women wearing a very frosty apricot or pink lipstick. Which is pretty impressive for a pale faced woman.

I just am not happy with the purchase, wouldn't buy it again. But if you're looking for an "average" everyday boring lipstick, go ahead and buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Sepolayla

I love this colour when it's not too warm out. Hot weather makes my lips go bright, bright red/pink and they completely drown out a colour like this one.

I do love the way that it has light reflecting particles but you couldn't call it shimmery. I also love how it's a cool toned pink but it's flattery even paired with a nude face - you don't have to dress up to put it on.

However, I'm giving it a 3 because it doesn't last and it clings to any dryness on the lips. It's also such a soft texture that it slip-slides about on the lips and you end up with very uneven colouring. Especially if you're someone who will smoodge their lips together alot when you can feel product on them like I am.

It also has a weird relationship with its tube. I've nearly used mine up completely and the point of the lipstick now emerges somewhere over to the side of the tube - instead of inline with the slant designed in the tube. Alot of lipstick residue has also been left on the inside of the tube and has to be taken off with a brush. It's not ruined or anything - but it does rather impact on the feel you get when using the lipstick. I wouldn't pull this out in public because it just looks unco, not glamouress.

However, will repurchase because it's such a gorgeous winter lipstick colour and it's moisturising. It's more like a non-sticky gloss than a lipstick actually. The fact that I've nearly used it up says a lot. I am a lipstick junky - always on the hunt for a new - and it's really rare that I push a lippie down to even half it's tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by bellaw13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

THis is a great lipstick with a really nice glossy pink colour which is quite shimmery and shiny.This makes my lips look amazing and i use it loads when i've done up my eyes, the only problem with it is that though it is really nice and creamy to apply it melts soo easily. Mine is pretty mushed up because i had it in my bag on a warm summer day. If it does get mushed do what i did, the top was the bit that was mainly mushed so cut off the end and put it in a pallette and use the rest as normal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shade is a milky pink-peachy neutral. Would work on a wide range of skin tones. Looks perfect with a smoky eye. Very creamy/soft texture - don't leave it in a hot car or carry it in your pocket! It smushes very easily. No scent. Moist feel, doesn't dry out my lips. The only bummer is it doesn't last so I have to reapply constantly. I do love the color though and would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Swweetorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm Asian--fair olive skin with cool undertones. This sheer lipstick was near exact to my lip color if I use one or two layers. The more layers of lipstick I put on, the paler my lips are so this lipstick is very build-able. It has just enough gloss and sheerness to wear like a lip gloss daily. Downturn on this product is that it is expensive for a sheer lipstick, and does not last long enough. Would purchase again if I can't find a better lipstick

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by blueingreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I first saw this color I fell in love. It's a soft pink--a little light but very wearable, maybe a hair on the cool side--with semi-sheer coverage. The finish is slick and a little shiny, with a hint of warm toned micro-shimmer. It's almost natural looking, and very pretty. A bit similar looking to Chanel Ming RA, IMO. Unfortunately, it needs a rather thin application to wear perfectly evenly, wear time is generally quite low, and you quickly find yourself running out of product. The color is great, very flattering and a nice alternative to beigey nudes, but I found the formula a bit disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Nice bright pinky lipstick, texture is so smooth, glides on easily but doesn't last long on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Jing-a-ling is a pretty sparkly light-to-medium pink, glossy, and sheer. It's something I'd really only wear during daylight hours, as I like something a little more dramatic for evenings out, but it does give a lovely pop of glossy color to a muted day look. A bit expensive for such a sheer lipstick, which is why I wouldn't repurchase, but still very pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised I hadn't reviewed this lipstick yet since it is the one lip color I keep coming back to. Yes. I'm not a big lipstick collector. I wear mostly old-school Chapstick--my lipstick collection consists of YSL nude-y pinky color which is georgeous but comes off in seconds, Ruby Woo by MAC, which I absolutely love but wear on special occasions, and, as of late, NYC Color Cafe color b/c it is nice and neutral. However, when I wear lipstick I keep returning to Benefit's Jing-A-Ling. This color is fabulous if you have naturally heavy-pigmented lips because it lightens up your mouth with just a teensy-weensy hint of glimmer--NOT frosted at all--just a tad glimmery. The glide-ability of this lipstick is excellent. It is creamy and glides on nicely. I have given this lipstick a 5 because I love the color--it is so hard to find that perfect color and this does not dissappoint. However, as with most lipsticks, the longevity isn't excellent. It is a pricey lipstick, but not the most expensive I've purchased. The packaging is nice too. Overall I will purchase this again--I've gone through two tubes already. However, I'm on a kind-of boycott against Benefit because they have discontinued "She-Laq" and it was the best ever product for keeping eye makeup from smearing. I will purchase when my anger subsides--actually I had better purchase soon because Benefit will probably discontinue THIS great lipstick! Oh well...