August 31, 2014 | 985 users online

BB Cream - HANSKIN - Magic BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by SoraHime

I have a preference for this over Misha or Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream. I find that Hanskin was more hydrating and left my skin more supple.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by jct8

Skin type: Asian fair skin w/ yellow undertones. Combination skin.. oily in the t-zone and dry in the cheeks.

I bought the Hanskin premium magic bb cream in the black bottle. This was my first bb cream purchase and was really excited about it. The coverage is pretty thick for a bb cream. When I first put it on, I noticed immediate that my skin was itchy, by the end of the day, my skin was super oily. A couple of days later I broke out in small bumps all over my forehead. I stopped using immediately and I stopped breaking out. I tried it again a couple of months later and then it happened again. Also, the color was a little too gray for my skin type... made me look too ashy. Very disappointed... back to my perfect bb cream search :(

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by erica420

MEh.... Too thick for me, good medium to full coverage, but the range of colors is bad (2 I think?), it's a little light for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Rina7

This review is for Hanskin Premium Magic BB Cream in the black tube. I'm Asian with NC25, combination skin. I look pretty young if I don't wear makeup, but my complexion gets tired out by the end of the day so it needs help. I decided to try a BB cream because foundation -- especially powder foundation -- is aging.

At first I was on the fence about this product because it has an pink/ash tone and is a tad too light (though not unnaturally so). But it has been a couple of weeks, and I've been using this BB cream in lieu of foundation. It is SO easy to blend in, with just a pea size dollop for my whole face. With light coverage, it looks just like my skin, but better -- brighter and more even in tone. It's also the only product of any kind that blends into my under-eye area without accentuating lines and bags. The finish is dewey but I set it with ELF studio HD powder to bring it to semi-matte. The ashiness can be managed with a touch of bronzer across the cheeks and brow. Minimal touch-ups for oil control. No perfume is a plus. Best of all, I look fresher and more youthful now that I've stopped using foundation. However I'm going to test other BB creams for a better color/tone match.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by ddelerium

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a BB cream junkie. I have lots. This one is my favorite bec, I have dehydrated skin. Hanskin has many types of BB cream- this review is for the one that is pictured, the one in the white tube- Hankin Magic BB Cream.

ALL BB creams are 3-in-one or 4-in-one products. Depending on which BB cream you buy, they run the spectrum of providing moisturizing benefts, serving as a base, primer, blemish blocker, blemish treatment, anti-wrinkling, wrinkle treatment, whitening, or UV protection (all different levels) all the while providing differing degrees of foundation coverage. As I said, depends on the product.
The different types of Hankin BB Creams are:
-Perfect Super Magic BB Cream
-Caviar Gold BB Cream
-Glossy Magic BB Cream
-Premium Magic BB Cream.
(There could be more new ones or some might have been discontinued. This is from the box insert).

Not all the BB creams have SPF. This one, the regular Magic, does NOT have SPF. The texture is that of a thicker tinted moisturizer, but it doesn't look dry, cakey or thick on skin like foundation or some TMs. I am also a TM junkie and they are all disappointing. They either have no coverage, make your skin look kinda dry/dehydrated, and quite frankly, on their own without powder or Mineral MU, really have no redeeming value unless you have almost perfect skin to begin with. This product has definitely more coverage, like foundation, and it is moisturizing. It leaves me with a dewy glow and covers pores better than most foundations or TMs I've tried. But unlike foundation/TM wherein the application you've applied is what you get, BB creams are like Mineral Makeup- it needs time to meld into your skin. Ever put MMU on and after an hour or so, you check in the mirror, your skin looks fantastic, glowing and sheer- not like your skin? That's what this BB cream is like- and unlike MMU, it makes your skin look smooth. You put it on like foundation, then later on , when you look at yourself, your skin looks glowing, dewy, and just calm, smooth and perfect. I look really clean and put together. Also, I haven't experienced breakouts.
Like most BB creams, they only come in one shade. For this particular product, if you are over NC 25-30, I wouldn't use it. I am NC 20, with olive undertones, not strong on the yellow, more neutral. And the best application method I have found is dotting BB cream on many spots around face (instead of glopping few spots), and blending with sponge, adding on more layers as I go along. If I use my fingers or glob too much on a spot, I notice I get a white cast, which is very difficult to blend out and it could look like you have mismatched foundation on. Eventually, when you are done, your face will look slightly lighter, but the color will blend into your tone. If you have dark/red blemishes, you still need a concealer for full coverage, but that's the case with all TMs or foundations. This product will also tone down redness. I don't have oil control issues except my t-zone area, and it held up well for about 5-6 hours. Then I blotted. If you are really really dark undereye circles, I don;t think this alone will be enough.

Through the course of time, your skin is supposed to reap the benefits of whatever treatment benefit it provides - ie whitening, anti-blemish, etc.The whole point of a BB cream, which I think is really forgotten on a lot of users, is to make your skin look like your skin (but better!) while providing coverage and added treatment benefits. We are so inundated by foundations and TMs, which quite frankly,don't really do anything for your skin but provide coverage, that we've forgotten that people should look at you, not your makeup. But if you like the foundation/makeup look, then this product is not for you.

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by ohsolovely24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been trying out BB creams for over a year and I honestly think this is the best one I've tried.

Pros:
- The formula is very gentle; it doesn't break me out. Most bb creams I've tried do.
- It makes my skin look very smooth (minimize the look of my pores)
- It neutralizes redness and even out my skintone
- Makes my skin look dewy
- already contains SPF
- It applies easier compared to other bb creams because it's not as thick
- Coverage is light to medium (which is okay for everyday use since it doesn't look heavy)

Cons:
- It doesn't provide good oil control, I have to blot a lot during the day
- the shade! it's still too grayish and light for my skintone (NC35)
- I don't see any improvement on my skin after using it for a month
- It's quite pricey for someone who doesn't live in Korea

So all in all, good product but I wish it comes in a wider color selection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

I used this BB cream when I travelled in Korea last year. I was there for about 2 months and this was given to me because apparently its all the rage and it was something that I was told I NEED to try.
Well, I found that this actually improved the look and texture of my skin. I used this for about 2 months while I was in Korea and my skin has never looked better.
in terms of coverage, it was light to medium, I would always set it with a light dusting of MAC studio fix powder foundation (that's all I had with me!).
As a foundation substitute, I would compare this to a thick tinted moisturizer or light- medium coverage foundation.
One thing I didnt like about this was the limited color selection. I think it only came in two different shades. I always used my C3 MAC powder foundation over it but I felt that the color selection was something they would improve on.
But this product was actually amazing. I mean I just started learning about skin care and wearing ss and everything up until last yr I had no idea how to care for my skin and this bb cream protected my skin (bc it had spf ) and really improved my skin.
I live in Toronto and I stopped using this since being back in Toronto (I use MAC f&B or MUFE F&B now with Shiseido extra smooth ss spf 36) but if I can find this bb cream somewhere (I'm not about to pay a ridiculous amount flying this in from Korea on ebay or an online store), i would definately repurchase and also maybe they have come out with more color selection in which case I'll gladly buy a couple!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by julianrei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been using BB cream in place of foundation.
Hanskin offers the best match in color (I'm about NC20) and this Premium BB cream (black tube) has medium coverage, sunscreen and brightening properties.

It gives a very natural and fresh look; I set it with my Lunasol loose powder and am good to go. But definitely has no oil control power, so you will need to use a good primer or touch up through out the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by runimina

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A friend gave me this BB cream after she didn't want it anymore (she is darker than me and couldn't wear it) so I can't complain too much. :P

I really like it, but it's the only BB cream I have tried, so it's hard to compare it to something else.It leaves my skin very fresh and dewy looking. I wish the coverage was better, it's a little hard to spread but it's not terrible. It seems to wear off by the end of the day though. I'll look good for a few hours or sinks into my skin too much.
I have very fair/light skin, so the pale color suits my skin perfectly. I also like that it's a liquid foundations skincare item.

Small bottle though, and expensive. I think my friend got it for $20 or something. But most are expensive, espeically because they have to be ordered online for the US... I was saving it for special occasions, but now I am using it on a more everyday basis and I really like it. :)

Also claims to have anti aging properties which is a plus for me since I want to prevent wrinkles.

I will try the Skinfood line next, but I will probably go for this BB cream again when I get the chance. ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by pinklove88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the better bb creams in my opinion. It didn't break me out and it was really dewy but not oily. I didn't have to reapply at all throughout the day. Coverage-wise, it doesn't do a good job so you would probably have to wear some concealer if you're trying to hide some spots or something. if you have oily skin, you may have to blot in the middle of the day since this bb cream is VERY dewy and it might make your face look a little shiny.