October 1, 2014 | 1949 users online

BB Cream - BRTC - Glossy Shining BB Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by reverie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this glossy BB cream in the non-shining version. Coverage was really bad, the colour made me look like a corpse. But it is really glossy, and when I put another BB cream over it, it looks kinda alright, even nice, with a glowy complexion.

Not worth the money though. Find another BB cream that actually covers and gives you a dewy complexion. Not this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

"This dual functioning BB cream delivers the natural plant substances effectively to the skin and improves the uneven skin tone while firming generally with the functions of whitening and wrinkle decline.
The soft and smooth BB cream presents a naturally glossy look with sparkling pearl as if the skin is filled with moisture."

Main Ingredients:
Centella Asiatica Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Melia Azadirachta Extract, Platycodon Grandiflorum Root Extract, Polygala Tenuifolia Root Extract, green tea extract, Allantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate

I'm a big fan of BB creams - I own over 10 right now. Most of my BB creams give a matte finish (which I do love), but I thought that a BB cream that could give me a more pearly effect would be nice to have too. I read about this glossy BB cream and thought it sounded perfect. For reference, I'm an NC30 with slight yellow undertone, combo skin (usually normal but occasionally oily on the t zone), sensitive and breakout prone.

The packaging is very basic and is a silver plastic tube. It's hygienic and that's all that matters to me. I purchased the 20ml tube because I wanted to try it out first instead of paying for the regular 40 ml. There is only 1 shade avaiable, which when squeezed out the tube looks like a medium beige grey colour. It goes pretty well with my skin - a tiny bit light - but not so light that you can notice a major colour difference between my neck and face. I think if you're up to an NC30 this will work well for you. It does go on a lot lighter on the skin than it looks just squeezed out the tube. It leaves a slight grey hue to my skin upon application, but that soon wears off.

The texture is rather thick, but not hard to blend. I rub it between my fingers first and then pat on my face, blending it as I go. It does go on pretty smoothly. The coverage isn't heavy but not too sheer either. It looks rather natural! My skin but better. It is pretty illuminating...gives a nice glow. I hate anything shimmery/glittery 99% of the time, and this is fine for me. I don't notice sparkles or anything! It gives me a pearly glow but doesn't look OTT. It covers any reddness and small blemishes I have well.

I don't think those with oily skin should go near this. It will probably get greasy. On my skin, I don't set with any powder and it doesn't get excessively oily. The only place that oils up is my nose, but not too bad. The rest of my face looks dewy after several hours but not oily. I find this BB cream to be very moisturizing.

This doesn't have SPF - something I'm not happy about as I love my BB creams to have SPF. However, it has some antioxidants like green tea/grapefruit/vitamin E. Apparently is also has centella asiatica which is good for antibacterial and wound healing.

Overall I'm pretty content with this, but it's nothing special and I've tried better BB creams. This is nice for those days when I want a glow. BRTC also recommends to use this as a highlighter ontop of another BB cream...I haven't tried this yet, but I think I will - I have a feeling it'll look very pretty!

Realistically, I don't think I'd repurchase because it doesn't have a WOW factor for me and I don't see myself using this as an everyday BB cream. But for this review I will say that I would repurchase, because I am quite satisfied and may repurchase if I have a lot of extra cash on me some day (doubtful!!!)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by ninamichaela

I asked my colleague to get this for me in Singapore. I actually just asked for any BB cream ( Missha if available) apparently this is the only one that's available. I love the rich ingredients in this cream... it's like vitamins for the face. I love that when I put this on, my face just sucks it off my finger, it's super easily absorbed, never stays on like a mask but protects from within and my face really feels nourished after a few hours of putting this on. However I dislike the shiny particles. I cover it up with a loose translucent powder to minimize shine. I said no to buying this again because I doubt if it'll be available here locally.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2008 9:11:00 AM More reviews by dragon13

I decided to buy this BB cream since it is manufactured by a renowned medical company. I was some what disappointed at first because it seemed that my skin was the same before and after putting it on....thankfully, at the end of the day my skin looked much better than without wearing any foundation....so I guess it had been evening out the skin throughout the day. It's also great that this looks like I'm not wearing any makeup at all. Would love it if it has SPF as well...(so I'm using their Perfect Cover SPF 42 underneath this)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by strawbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would have to blame myself for choosing the glossy, shiny range after hearing so many good things about BB creams (can't resist sparkly stuff). First off, the shade is too dark for my skin. Unlike what I hear about other blemish balms, it didn't adjust to my skin tone after some hours of use. The cream is too thick to spread; the pulling it required on my skin wasn't worth it. Aside from being pink based, it sat on my skin and made it oily. The sparkles didn't help either. When I read glossy, I thought dewy. But I must have figured oily. Heard pretty good reviews about their Perfect Recover range, so might try that. Anyway, this purchase got me free concealer, pressed powder, and face essence. It's not so bad : )