Boots Amazon Forest - Mango & Babassu Body Scrub

on 3/30/2011 7:46:00 PM

Pros :
Smells fantastic!
Comes in a big tub so good value for money
Easy to find if you live in the UK (boots)
Does a good job of exfoliating

Cons :
Leaves bath/shower greasy and messy so would only recommend before you clean out your bath or shower
Leaves a film on the skin for a good few hours so I usually use this before bed and because of the film you cannot shave your legs after.

This is a nice scrub, easy to find, smells fantastic, does a good job on exfoliating but I will not rephurcase mainly because of the film it leaves behind can be very greasy and you can't shave your legs after as the film clogs your razor and is nearly impossible to shave.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love the smell of this scrub especially in winter because it smells of sun-ripened mangoes. This is a creamy scrub that provides light exfoliation and rinses clean. It comes in a huge tub so it's great value for the money. I like to use this right before shaving as it gives me a much smoother shave.

on 8/7/2008 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I found this scrub at Target in the Boots/No.7 line for about $10. It comes in a 13.5 fl oz plastic container with a screw top lid. I was intrigured by the mixed scents our mago butter (to soften) and babassu oil (to moisturize) in this exfoliant. The smell is a bit strong, a buttery mango, but fades nicely. As for the "scrub" part of this product, I'd say it's gentle yet effective. I have fairly smooth skin but my legs are quite dry. I usually scrub a few times a week and follow up with Neutrogena's body oil to keep the flakies and itchiness at bay. I've been pleased with this body scrub. It could be somewhat thicker--has more a liquid quality than most scrubs I've used, which is troublesome in this type of container. Overall, a good buy and will repurchase if I need to.