December 18, 2014 | 887 users online

Blush - La Femme - Orchid Ice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Ihavequestions

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love La Femme blushes and own a lot of them. This one looks, in the pan, like several of them that I own. As in, an intensely pigmented version of berry/fuchsia. This has some shimmer but it's definitely not overwhelming. I don't find this color special BUT what makes this a winner is that it's not so intensely pigmented that one wrong move turns you into the Mayor of Clownville. I mean, I LOVE me some blush and wearing a lot is kind of my thing. But some of the darker La Femmes are so pigmented that I don't feel I can wear them without seriously risking having to re-do my makeup. This one isn't like that, I find that it's really easy to work with and not as easy to overdo. Not an unusual color but a really nice blush that is easy to work with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2008 11:32:00 AM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very lovely product, the color is just not quite what I expected.

In the pan,"Orchid Ice" looks like a very bright medium pink with strong blue/purple undertones. On my NW15 skin, it shows up sort of a medium plummy blue-toned pink. The color reminds me a bit of MAC's "Deep Pink" Pro blush.

"Orchid Ice"is *very* intensely pigmented, so use a very light hand when applying. If applied lightly enough, this can make a surprisingly natural-looking pink "flush."

The texture of "Orchid Ice" is surprisingly smooth, with a commendable lack of graininess. I'm not a fan of the unabashedly cheap screw-top container, but at this price, I'm not going to complain.

Also, don't be scared off by the word "ice" in the name; this blush does have a fine blue sheen, but it's very subtle.

If you crave a clear, very cool blush color, I highly recommend that you check this out. Since I wanted a lighter color, I'll probably try "Lilac Lace" next time. I'm very glad to have "Orchid Ice" in my blush collection, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Orchid Ice is a medium pink laden plum frost with a subtle blue flash. Think of it as a softer, less sparkly, version of MAC Pink Pearl pigment. Welcome addition to my plum-purple blush/eye color collection. Gorgeous, gorgeous, true-color on FFF to DDD. Same color on skin as in pot. Super pigmented. So easy to blend. Cost $3 for palette refill (DDD NW45 or HIP818)